• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Do you think I'm a normal ISFJ?

tmk113

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
My mom and sister are ISFJs as well and I differ from them a lot. They are both very neat people who love cleaning while I can't stand chores. I do them but I struggle to. Both my sister and mom actually enjoy doing chores. They are both very grounded people who don't enjoy fiction as much as I do. My mom loves talking on the phone while my sister is pretty social as well. I'm not at all. My sister watches simple comedies that make her laugh, but I look for deep emotional resonance in entertainment. I like books that reflect who I am and what I feel. Some of my favorite books are Catcher in the Rye, Perfume, Mysterious Skin and IT. I love these books because they are highly sentimental, weird and dark. I love deeply sad music that is similar to my book taste. I'm highly apathetic and don't seem to care about anything. Both my sister and my mom tend to think about others while I think about myself. I do think about others but can be pretty self-centered.
If it helps here are my cognitive function results
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.5)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************************** (51.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use

samlarsoonn

My mom and sister are ISFJs as well and I differ from them a lot. They are both very neat people who love cleaning while I can't stand chores. I do them but I struggle to. Both my sister and mom actually enjoy doing chores. They are both very grounded people who don't enjoy fiction as much as I do. My mom loves talking on the phone while my sister is pretty social as well. I'm not at all. My sister watches simple comedies that make her laugh, but I look for deep emotional resonance in entertainment. I like books that reflect who I am and what I feel. Some of my favorite books are Catcher in the Rye, Perfume, Mysterious Skin and IT. I love these books because they are highly sentimental, weird and dark. I love deeply sad music that is similar to my book taste. I'm highly apathetic and don't seem to care about anything. Both my sister and my mom tend to think about others while I think about myself. I do think about others but can be pretty self-centered.
If it helps here are my cognitive function results
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************** (14.5)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************************** (51.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.3)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use

That sounds about right, if saying other people no is your biggest pat peeve then definitely, you are a ISFJ

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
*The stares up into your window. It knows. As you sit their computing your next algorithm, the cats eyes begin to glow and the next thing you notice, you're cast out into the deep ethereal, and find yourself in the land of the dead and undead...enjoy your stay ad zombie.*

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
MBTI is 4 dichotomies, with each person falling somewhere on the continuum of each. My point is that every human is different and almost everyone is going to score differently to some extent. My point being that "normal" is so subjective as to be essentially useless in terms of typology.