• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Am I typical for an ISFJ?

tmk113

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Both my mom and my sister are ISFJs like me, but I seem very different from them. I am a guy so maybe that's why. Both my mom and my sister love being neat, have fun doing chores, are really emotional and fiery, have no problem standing up for themselves when they're confronted, avoid confrontation about things that are weird, don't like weird things, likes being normal, is obsessed with status, are very nice but two-faced, can be very vapid, and are very grounded. They're sensitive but not too romantic and head in the clouds.

I, on the other hand, love reading and any other form of fiction (I love dark, wonderous, sad, and sentimental things) and I also have a mild interest in learning. My memory is awful so I don't do it much, but if my memory were better I would learn about Freud, Jung, existentialism, and child soldiers. I also love the innocence and if I were smarter I would examine it. I also am fascinated by the corruption of innocence. I am a very soft and meek person, but I love dark, disturbing, and taboo things as long as they are sentimental and surreal. I was always very lazy and did awful in school because I was very pessimistic about my future. I love sad music like bright eyes, Sufjan stevens, and jeff Buckley, but I also like very soft music like owl city. I'm not sure if this is true about me because I don't show it off too much but I'm very sentimental and romantic. I'll be honest, I'm a huge special snowflake that wants to be special. I score high in FI, so is that the reason why I'm so different from the rest of my family?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just realised half-way through my message that this thread is super old... welp, I will reply to this anyway.

I think as most people tend to type as intuitives (or mistype people in their lives) ISFJs really get the short end of the stick when it comes to stereotypes.
In my opinion cognitive functions can show up in many different ways. Si is processing the sensory in a subjective way and using the past as a guide, Fe is looking at social norms as a guide for your moral actions. That doesn't always mean you have to be neat, have a great memory or be super positive about anything. The enneagram type and just... your own personality as a human being can also be a cause. If you use the cognitive functions of an ISFJ without meeting the stereotypes, then I would say you are still an ISFJ!