• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ENFP trying to figure out ISTJ

acuriousenfp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey, everyone:)
I have two main questions about a wonderful ISTJ I met:

1) Does an online emotional affair not seem like cheating to an ISTJ? I know he's been wanting a connection, and he's honestly been very respectful.
2) I also can't tell if he's serious about visiting and actually dating me. Perhaps he's just creating a fantasy, is that a typical ISTJ thing to do?

For more context:
He(40, ISTJ) messaged me (F24, ENFP) on Reddit and we hit it off immediately. He messaged me because he liked what I wrote about connections in a thread. We quickly moved to texting. He's charming, incredibly sweet, and a complete gentleman. I told him I was worried about falling for him, because he's married. It seemed to surprise him, and he said it wasn't ideal but he wanted to date me. He even asked if my family would be against us dating, because of the age gap. He doesn't live anywhere near me currently, but has property close to me. He's been talking about how much fun we'd have when he visits, and I would want to meet. I'd keep it platonic, and I know he'd respect that. I do want to continue talking to him, I'm just trying to figure him out. Also, I've directly asked him both of these things, and he maintains that he's serious and needs and wants me.

I'd love any feedback at all, thank-you so much in advance!
Have a wonderful day:)

Last edited: