• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ Personality Traits

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, wouldn't that go for anyone?

But I think the issue is actually ISTJs not having as many life experiences as other types, since they value peace and security over unknown adventures.

Also, we put reliability high on our list of priority, and sometimes make assumptions that others do as well. So we might trust people too easily.

And not to forget that we are driven by a need to serve, and might think that others are also willing to serve the common good. This would make us vulnerable for someone who's only after for a personal gain.

^ I agree with this statement. But I have had a fair share of life experiences, as I travelled places. I only really feel naive when you females drive me up the wall crazy! :azdaja: Which recently, has been quite often. :doh:

Yes, I am driven by the need to serve the greater good. However, people are prioritized in a heirarchy of importance, family being the at the top of the list of course!

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Amira - I see where you're coming from if naivety is considered in terms of interpersonal relationships... But in my case this means automatically distrusting people or assuming they will hate me and then they have to prove to me that they don't. Which is probably the immature way to look at interpersonal relationships :mellow:

Well, wouldn't that go for anyone?

But I think the issue is actually ISTJs not having as many life experiences as other types, since they value peace and security over unknown adventures.

I'm only 21 and I think I've already had a fair few 'life experiences', some which people thankfully never have in their lifetimes. The paradox about me is I never try to seek them out but I'm like a magnet to adventure/danger! I think this is why I already feel prepared to settle down so young. Some 'experiences' (I shudder to call it that) make you reevaluate things and strive for calm.
Obviously I would like more life experiences, but positive ones please!

Also, we put reliability high on our list of priority, and sometimes make assumptions that others do as well. So we might trust people too easily.

And not to forget that we are driven by a need to serve, and might think that others are also willing to serve the common good. This would make us vulnerable for someone who's only after for a personal gain.

Not sure! I learnt ages ago that most people aren't like us! It stresses me out about the world frequently! I'm surely not the only ISTJ that is reluctant to trust other people, particularly when it comes to things like reliability ;)? I'd rather do it myself. I'm constantly suspicious of people's agendas... I actually thought this was an ISTJ thing?!

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
As shallow as it may seem, trusting "strangers" is allowing them to make a certain decision! (while I [most of the time] secretly have a backup plan should they make the wrong one! :devil:)

Note: The above does NOT apply to family and friends as they already have my trust. :yes:

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
As shallow as it may seem, trusting "strangers" is allowing them to make a certain decision! (while I [most of the time] secretly have a backup plan should they make the wrong one! :devil:)

Note: The above does NOT apply to family and friends as they already have my trust. :yes:

Ooh yeah that sounds like a plan! I can evolve my mistrust into manipulation :devil:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ooh yeah that sounds like a plan! I can evolve my mistrust into manipulation :devil:

Well let's not be crude.... I wouldn't say manipulation per se... more like... "hey if your right your right, if your not, I have a backup plan!" That way everyone wins! :)

The trick is to not tell them you have a backup plan unless their plan fails. ;)

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Every time I go to my class study binder, I find it far more organized than when I left it. This has been continuing for almost four weeks now. I was inspired by my new subconscious organization (I could never remember sorting through it) to become more organized with my calendar dates.

Yesterday I caught my ISTJ teammate going through my binder and sorting it for me. Turns out he had been doing that all term when I left our library study table to get us coffee.

Qre:us

Hi, I'm curious to know if I'm unique or just another personality type. I don't know any other ISTJs, so maybe ya'll can help me. Are the following traits unique to me, or do they apply to all ISTJ's?

Learn best by seeing and doing - I've got to see it in action before it will sync in.
Excellent analytical thinker - Troubleshooting is child's play.
Dry/Sarcastic humor - Constantly joking to avoid real conversations.
Great awareness - Usually I know what's going on when no one else does.
Can only focus on one thing at a time - I can't juggle tasks (or balls for that matter).
Extremely private - Leave me alone, I'll let you in when I'm ready.
Poker face always present - It's not intentional, showing emotion doesn't come naturally to me.
Socially retarded - My jaw gets tired if I talk for more than a couple of minutes.
Very observant - I can remember lots of details, but I can't ever remember names.
Easily annoyed - I don't want to hear about what you watched last night.
Take everything literally - I know you were trying to make a joke, but that is unrealistic. Seriously.
Often have errors when forced to make quick decisions - I'm the king of turnovers in sports, but I'm good at chess.
Procrastinates - Why do it now, it can be done later.
Selfish - Helping others is an energy drain.
No style - I put no thought into what I wear. Usually I wear gray to avoid standing out.
Hate cleaning - Why make your bed, you just got to do it again tomorrow. A total waist of time.
Health conscientious - Would probably get really depressed if I let myself go.

I'm interested to know if there are other hermits like me out there. If you ISTJ's got some traits to add, post them. I'd like to compare.

Pessimistic/Cynical - why hope only to have the balloon popped? Assume the worst, and you won't be suprised. Always question people's motivation. 'Why is he being nice to me? He must want something' [anecdotal 'evidence' ala ex-roomie]