• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ father

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi, guys. Question for you -- what are some things I can do to connect with my ISTJ father? I love him dearly, he's always been there for our family and a great provider but we've never been emotionally close because he's very closed off and doesn't talk much. I find him boring at times too because he's so stuck in his ways and doesn't like to expand his views or seek any adventure in his life. He can very rigid and stubborn. I tend to be very opinionated and defend my views (Fi) and honestly sometimes it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall. I recently expressed how I feel about our relationship and he's been trying hard to be a part of my life more, which I appreciate. I'm just wondering how can I create a deeper bond with him and get him to open up? He has come to me to vent with things that have happened since his divorce but other than that, nothing else. Just looking for some insight. Thanks. :D

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I suggest a regular/routine lunch or dinner visit if you want to create a deeper bond, but I think you're going to be disappointed if you expect him to open up more or be less boring or be open to your views. Basically, spend more time with him and just enjoy who he is without trying to change him. Oh...and try to be happy when you're with him and if you can't be happy, then don't bother.