• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] How do ISFJs flirt?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
TWO ISFJS replied?!?!?1 come on.. there has to be some more!!!!!! :(

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably not. ISFJs are in short supply, you know. :redface:

ehastin1

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i don't think i flirt very well. i think i try to come off as nice but i usually find myself thinking of different ways to flirt with the girl but having no idea which is the best way of going about it. so i usually just end up being instead...but i think i've gotten a lot better at it since i've started college

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Flirting depends on the other person. I mean I can so easily flirt with a guy who IS a flirt himself too: light-hearted, funny, witty etc. There are persons who are more serious-minded and don't like to be teased.

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yea, I agree with the above statement but I'm more of a straight up person and I don't really like teasing or being teased.

mai345

MBTI Type
ISFJ
hello ;') im an ISFJ who just registered to post a comment on the flirting question

i honestly hope i never ever have to flirt with anyone. id rather not. i don't even know how. someone accused me of flirting once and i was commenting on my friends mistreatment of their book. i think they were just fooling around with me though.
i don't get flirting either. i don't understand how people can do that. its just to weird for me.
to me flirting is just a way for me to make a fool out of myself. id much rather have someone else approach me. and also what if i really do want to be with a person, what if they don't like me and they think i was stupid for me thinking that that person would ever like me.

too embarrassing. too many things can go wrong
also, id like to think that if someone liked me enough, they'd come up to me to ask me out.

hope that helped ;')

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
but it can be a way to get to know someone, a way to test interest, and it can be fun sometimes too! i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mai, what do you think about flirting once you've already been together with a person for a while? More comfortable then, makes more sense, right?

Last edited:

Krwheel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not as good at flirting as other types, so I try to avoid it. Light flirting can be fun, but I'll never get carried away with it because it won't be as fulfilling as other people they've flirted with. The thing with being an ISFJ is that I don't let my feelings out that much, so it feels pretty special to just tell someone straight up that I like them. Which from previous posts, seems to be the way that most ISFJs feel.

Plus it also seems to me that most ISFJs are very storgic lovers, meaning that they don't play games. They are all about sincerity and commitment.

mai345

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i guess so, but i dont have any guy friends, nor am i willing to try to make any. its too difficult for me. im always busy during lunch and brunch studying for a test or trying to finish something i didnt get to the night before. when i finally have nothing to do, i spend it talking with my best friend cause we're usually both busy. so.....yeah, its too hard for me to do + im clueless on how to get guy friends.

but yes, if i had a guy friend i was comfortable talking with , its a big possiblity

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I meant once you'd been in a relationship for a while. I had this theory in another thread that ISTJs might try to flirt after they've been in a relationship for a while. In other words, not flirting before the relationship. And I was wondering if it would be true for ISFJs also.

mai345

MBTI Type
ISFJ
yeah, with those conditions i would, but it'd be easier if someone else initiated it. it also depends if i see this theoretical person as more than a friend, cause i usually dont think more of guys that are already friends. i keep things as it is unless someone else opens my eyes.

mai345

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i also wouldnt do it unless i was serious about that one theoretical person. it'll be wrong to do that with more than one person. i havent yet tried the other ISFJs' approach of straight out telling my feelings cause i havent had a good enough reason to yet. ill let u kno how it goes when i do find someone and advance tho.

Krwheel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i also wouldnt do it unless i was serious about that one theoretical person. it'll be wrong to do that with more than one person. i havent yet tried the other ISFJs' approach of straight out telling my feelings cause i havent had a good enough reason to yet. ill let u kno how it goes when i do find someone and advance tho.

I feel pretty similar about the seriousness of the flirting. I feel like I'm cheating if I pursue mulitiple girls, even though I know there isn't any established commitment. And I don't usually tell someone straight up that I am interested in them until I feel that there is some relational possibilities and I'm confident that the disclosure won't ruin the relationship.

mai345

MBTI Type
ISFJ
And I don't usually tell someone straight up that I am interested in them until I feel that there is some relational possibilities and I'm confident that the disclosure won't ruin the relationship.

yup yup yup ;')

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't usually flirt in person but am very flirty online. During chat I'll use innuendo or simply be physical without crossing the line into cybersex.

Krwheel

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't usually flirt in person but am very flirty online. During chat I'll use innuendo or simply be physical without crossing the line into cybersex.

That's actually interesting because I totally use pet names when I text and IM but very rarely do when I'm there in person with them.

Warm

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That's actually interesting because I totally use pet names when I text and IM but very rarely do when I'm there in person with them.

Hmm. Why do you think that is? I think I might be flirtier online because I care more about what someone might say about it in person.