• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Monotone and NT?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Your avatar might make sense, but this post doesn't^...

She's drunk again. Just like Mom.

Seriously though, what's up with all the drunk posting ENTP's? Is this a thing? When I get drunk I just want to call my bed and tell it I'll be home soon.

T

ThatGirl

She's drunk again. Just like Mom.

Seriously though, what's up with all the drunk posting ENTP's? Is this a thing? When I get drunk I just want to call my bed and tell it I'll be home soon.

ok, chineese food, already explained that. Other frequently intoxicated ENTPs are probably confilcted, and it will work itself out. no worries.

how old are you?

T

ThatGirl

Oh, I've caught on, I've been at the finish line, and I'm already making sandwiches....

then they better be capacolla with flaky bread, and red pepper....or else *do we have a shaking fist emoticon? if so place here"

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
then they better be capacolla with flaky bread, and red pepper....or else *do we have a shaking fist emoticon? if so place here"

uhh, for coming in last place, all I think they give you is a bottle of water.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My voice doesn't go monotone when I'm explaining details to large groups, but instead gets strangled and dies in my throat.

My normal tone of voice is a soft, mildly-sarcastic purr that turns into a growl on a moment's notice.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
My voice is not monotone, at least not while I don't want it to sound that way. I can variate my voice tones, depending on what I have to say and who I'm speaking to. I can sound from sickly sweet to seem like I'm barking.
Singing may have something to do, I think.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I tend to use a dead-pan, straight-faced style of humour. Similar to Chevy Chase, but funny.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Nope, I'm pretty excited, passionate and silly in a little kid like way when I speak on things im interested in. If I'm trying to GTFO of a situation, don't like someone, or am in one of my anti-social moods then I'll talk in more of a monotone. I'll be short and or sarcastic about, though, if I care about not being a total dick.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ok, chineese food, already explained that. Other frequently intoxicated ENTPs are probably confilcted, and it will work itself out. no worries.

I work at a winery... need I explain much more?

actually normally I'm just "slightly buzzed posting," last night I polished off a bottle of wine because I didn't want for it to go bad after I used about half a cup of it in a stew :blush:

TO THE OP:

INTPs are quite good at being monotone, and from the ones I know they also are pretty frequently rather quiet when talking as well

ENTPs are quite animated when speaking and anything BUT monotone- I'm the type who's been known to knock a beer off the table when caught up in a good argument :doh:

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
I think my voice does have a tendency to get a bit flat if I am explaining something or giving a talk. In ordinary conversation it can be the opposite, especially if I find the subject very interesting.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Seems to be something like a consensus that INTP's are the monotone ones. I see. So would that be a good sign that a person is INTP? Can it be used to type people? Or are there others who are not INTP who speak in monotone? I don't know any, so that's why I asked. Perhaps I should have posted this in the general area.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seems to be something like a consensus that INTP's are the monotone ones. I see. So would that be a good sign that a person is INTP? Can it be used to type people? Or are there others who are not INTP who speak in monotone? I don't know any, so that's why I asked. Perhaps I should have posted this in the general area.

Sorry to butt in, however, I do have some tendencies to go monotone. Tends to happen when I'm unimpressed with a situation or too deep in thought to engage any color.

I hope you guys weren't looking to have a monopoly on this...

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
Sorry to butt in, however, I do have some tendencies to go monotone. Tends to happen when I'm unimpressed with a situation or too deep in thought to engage any color.

I hope you guys weren't looking to have a monopoly on this...

:D Help yourself!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
When INTP's start holding court on a subject they really know about, they are likely to go monotone as they tell you way more than you ever cared to know.