• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP subtypes

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I came across this before. I'm probably somewhere between Cynical Realist and Classic Nerd.

I should be ashamed of myself. Very, very ashamed.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The titles don't really have any sort of validation anyway, they're just derived by intuitive application of function theory, so...

^^^ case in point: Some INTPs might use their powers to deconstruct an idea and invalidate it, but the NPIT pretty accurate denotes how I use the same skills to anchor and then expand a framework in order to include as many possibilities as possible. How broad can I make things? How much fits within the frame? I have noticed a tendency in my arguing to focus on the "broadening the theory" thing...

I would have thought that I was NPIT as well. For on most of the other tests, N is obviously the strongest, followed by P. (Though a few tests such as the DDLI, J/P were close). In some respects, I/E are close, though the way the tests define introversion in the classic sense is what makes the I strong.

I'm not sure I can really identify with this:

"bodhidharma"
This type, the second of the hermit-like INs, seeks obliteration of the personality through calm meditation

But then, it is a very brief, vague description, and I'm not sure what he means by "obliteration of the personality".

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I would have thought that I was NPIT as well. For on most of the other tests, N is obviously the strongest, followed by P. (Though a few tests such as the DDLI, J/P were close). In some respects, I/E are close, though the way the tests define introversion in the classic sense is what makes the I strong.

I'm not sure I can really identify with this:

"bodhidharma"
This type, the second of the hermit-like INs, seeks obliteration of the personality through calm meditation

But then, it is a very brief, vague description, and I'm not sure what he means by "obliteration of the personality".

Tee Hee, people still think P is an actual function.
So cute.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, none of the above. Most closely I guess the Cynical Realist, but not really.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I change my vote to religious fanatic.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever an unemployable philosopher would be.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
I fluctuate between these two, apparently:

PINT-"the secret prostitute"
The first of our identity-strong subtypes, they court several identities at once without thought of global inconsistency.

IPNT-"the deadhead"
These types tend to be long-simmering hippies, who are secretly yearning for a simpler existence, usually involving nature or anachronism.

Accurate, if only I could decipher what the first one meant..

I seem to be PINT/PNIT. Types starting with "P" are summed up as being "Improvisers". I can buy that. Got a 100% on P... (on a fairly simple/random test, but anyway)
As for the rest I have absolutely no idea what it means... Could anything please explain it in Swedish?? :D

Edit: Oh yeah, and for the "current" type division I think I'm a Previously Golden, Now Cynical Loser...