• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP subtypes

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
You're too much of a loverboy for me.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
*suspects the responses will be more telling than the descriptions*

The Kinks seem to be making everything better.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
*showers with disinfectant*
my (mind's) eyes!!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have always thought of INTP as perhaps..well..maybe the most complex type..in that one INTP can be totally different then another..and most of my friends are INTPs, so I definitely see this.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
WTH :huh: *can't disinfect minds eye enough*

My therapist is gonna hear about this thread :(

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Everyone is a #5 because it is the only description that isn't filled with backhanded insults.

This list is biased and stupid.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
5) Cynical Realist:
This type of INTP has seen the world, and realized that they want no part of it, except where they can get knowledge, experience, and entertainment from it. They see life for what it is, a big cosmic joke, and often wonder if they should laugh or cry, but otherwise just say the hell with it, and go get laid. They tend to be sarcastic and funny, are world travelers, and can blend in to any environment, and they tend to get laid a lot. They also tend to be fairly well educated, yet stuck in worthless and meaningless jobs, both because the people around them are idiots and because they don't have the mindless compulsion to kiss ass to move up in life. They are the street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom. They tend to play multiple instruments, and just generally look cool and sexy. Their experience is as wide as their knowledge is deep, and tend to be very observant, and get laid a whole lot. They shower regularly, dress well yet comfortably, tend to be sexy in a low key sort of way, and tend to score easily with members of the opposite sex. Although their living quarters tend to appear disorganized, it is an organized disorganization, arranged in such a way as to be easy to get from the bed to the door, and back without interruption. This subtype also tends to like to party, likes to go out for drinks, can get along with pretty much anyone, and tends to get laid more than any other subtype of INTP.

This one is by far the best description of me. It fits me about as well as a Hervé Villechaize costume. And I'm 6 feet tall.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
5) Cynical Realist:
This type of INTP has seen the world, and realized that they want no part of it, except where they can get knowledge, experience, and entertainment from it. They see life for what it is, a big cosmic joke, and often wonder if they should laugh or cry, but otherwise just say the hell with it, and go get laid. They tend to be sarcastic and funny, are world travelers, and can blend in to any environment, and they tend to get laid a lot. They also tend to be fairly well educated, yet stuck in worthless and meaningless jobs, both because the people around them are idiots and because they don't have the mindless compulsion to kiss ass to move up in life. They are the street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom. They tend to play multiple instruments, and just generally look cool and sexy. Their experience is as wide as their knowledge is deep, and tend to be very observant, and get laid a whole lot. They shower regularly, dress well yet comfortably, tend to be sexy in a low key sort of way, and tend to score easily with members of the opposite sex. Although their living quarters tend to appear disorganized, it is an organized disorganization, arranged in such a way as to be easy to get from the bed to the door, and back without interruption. This subtype also tends to like to party, likes to go out for drinks, can get along with pretty much anyone, and tends to get laid more than any other subtype of INTP.

Guys, I'm not sure. Help me out. Does he say whether the cynical realist ever gets laid?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
and go get laid... they tend to get laid a lot... and get laid a whole lot... score easily with members of the opposite sex... tends to get laid

Only about five times. I think he's grossly overestimating my getting laid-ness.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Of those five, #2 would fit me the most, with a dash of #3 and #5 in there.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
This seems kind of stupid, the person obviously considers himself a 5 and the others are just people who pissed him off on a forum.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Given that nearly all INTPs are enneagram type 5s, they could easily be further subdivided and described by what their wing is and what variant they are.