• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs in school

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great image, but I recommend hosting on imagur and then embedding into the forum so my phone doesn't get an aneurysm.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I remember seeing this one of those “ quit your bullshit threads” I laughed so hard I cried.
But at the same time, it really isn’t funny to know that there are people out there who truly think that highly of themselves while being utterly unspectaculer, petulant little shits. This is exactly the kind of behavior I have in mind when I say that I hate INTJ. Which is of course an exaggerate. I know that not everyone in any MBTI group is the same, especially seeing as I was INTJ in HS.

It took some awesome teachers to pull me out of my shell and be my true ENTJ self.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much how their fantasies play out while sitting in the corner of the classroom, headphones on with Linkin Park blasting at max volume while the rest of the class is making fun of them.

jk

...it’s true though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I never wore headphones in school, always had the last laugh over anyone making fun of me, and let my work speak for my abilities. The one relevant part of this nonsense is that finding like-minded people often has been hard and was especially so in school.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im pretty sure people thought I was a library ghost in school. I didn't like crowds and preffered to read. I didnt start socializing till high school, but only out of common interest. Otherwise I was hanging on every word a teacher was saying, sitting in the front. Though my anxiety prevented me from being more outspoken because I had low self esteem and lacked confidence which I later discovered towards my last two years and a bit of college. I didnt fear public speaking anymore.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Well, I never wore headphones in school, always had the last laugh over anyone making fun of me, and let my work speak for my abilities. The one relevant part of this nonsense is that finding like-minded people often has been hard and was especially so in school.

I listened to headphones until the teacher started talking. Thn I started doodling, what all but one ( as she was amazing) realized is that it was my form of note taking.

I do remember reading a lot. I remember going to the library for one class. I found a book I liked and the next time I looked up everyone was gone.
I returned to class to apologize profusley to the teacher who only smiled and said “ You’re an independant girl. I don’t worry about you.”
( This is less me bragging and more nostolgia)

ChimericalSerenity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was younger (12-14), I was known as the bookworm and know-it-all of the class, the irritating teachers pet who always did a little too much more than was required for assignments. I remember writing 6,000 words for some ungraded question sheet when I was 12. I also handed in work and got rejected by the teacher, who literally told me: "you didn't need to hand it in." Like rude, I put in the effort they could have at least just accepted the assignment. I also handed in loads of creative writing pieces to my teacher, who was a lot nicer about my extra work than the other teacher was. :)

When I got older, I was pretty comfortable in my own skin and (relatively more) social around close friends but I was always a tough judge for other acquaintances and authority figures. If they did something despicable I wouldn't hesitate to call them out for it. I had a sexist classmate who was flirting with some THOT (who actually had a boyfriend at the time) and I snapped and told him that he didn't need to flirt with everything that moved. I was so angry and disgusted at the low-key show of cheating in front of me that I just couldn't help but blurt out what I was thinking. Sometimes when teachers are being irritating I engage in discourse with them as well, because I don't have to respect them just because they were assigned a job at the school I was attending. I judge people by their personality and values and if they missed the mark by far I wasn't going to keep in what I thought. I wouldn't be deliberately provoking, usually sit in a corner of the class with my sleep-deprived RBF on and shoot them an 'are you serious?' look whenever they said something dubious. But if they really wanted to call me out then, well, that was when they had it coming.

I hated authority, especially when it was just pure coercion of dumb regulations that made no sense at all. I deliberately kept consistently sleeping in homeroom (which, it's not like there's anything going on anyway? And my homeroom teacher hated my guts, ha ha.) It was precisely that inane reason that kept my petty self from sleeping consistently. He played himself. Also everything sucked. School spirit, what the fuck is that? I didn't attend any sports, assemblies or useless classes for the last two years of my high school career. And thank fuck I didn't. It was all a waste of time? I'd rather do something more productive, like read a book or indulge a hobby. School politics and putting effort into things that hardly mattered was so vapid to me. There were so many issues with the school (allocation of budget, school politics, drug use, relationship scandals) that I just wanted to block everything out. Like I'm fine where I am I don't need my head to be filled with that trash.

So I mostly kept to a small group of friends, would chat sometimes with people that were acquaintances, I guess. :/ But mostly kept to a few people that I really genuinely appreciated. Like it seriously made my life a lot easier. And yeah, I did the whole shebang, studied hard and got decent grades, maintained a small core of friends that know me and appreciate me as I them. That's all that matters, I guess. Like I'm pitying the people who were social butterflies but don't have a single, genuine friendship going for them (because they were such manipulative, fake social climers) like, they're going to have a total of 0 friends after their high school experience ends. I know people like that now and seriously I can't help but laugh, like karma's a bitch. They couldn't see past the 'glam' of high school I guess. Tough for them, but I'm happy that high school is over, thank god.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Either tend to be at the top while no one sees us coming, which was during high school; or disillusioned by the academia, they find new niches where they can be passionately excellent at; when I started to teach myself psychology and decided that I was going to be a psychology student for my next major, I was already disinterested about my current department and focused my energy to doing background research regarding psychology in order to prepare myself for my second major, which was the way for me to excel at it. Now that I have found the field that I can channel my energy fully; I am patiently waiting for this mental imagery to come true and when that happens, years of my non-official academic work will bear its fruits, hopefully.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was very competitive in school, trying to get the best grades, highest rank, etc., though I generally felt it was wasted effort to get too high an A. I was known as the guy who got As by an eyelash. People would say I wasn't that smart but a good guesser and they often seemed mystified how I got such good grades - because I would sleep in class, skip class, etc. When I got my masters, I was much more interested in learning and I became much more interested in that and not worrying about wasting effort because I was there to learn, not to get a degree. From grade school through college, I was never one to speak up in class unless called on. I used to get irritated at the know-it-all or brown nose types. Somehow things changed when I got my masters, I became much more vocal in class - not spouting off answers, but I was assertive in asking questions. I'm actually thinking about going back and getting another masters. It might be fun.