• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The differnce between INTJ and INTP

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can't really tell the difference between these two types, they seem similar in the books about MB types. What are some differences?

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Might be of interest, disregard his criticism of Socionics though.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
They have a completely different function set. Though we can probably use cognition of types other than our primary. And INTJ and INTP will tend to be able to emulate the other quite well.

INTJ is focused and efficient, INTP is calm and playful. Lots of stuff to say on the matter. Not sure what though.

Hydroglyphic

MBTI Type
INT?
Enneagram
From my understanding of cognitive functions INTJs have Ni as their first so INTJs are not logically dominantly while an INTP will likely be logical by their Ti function.
INTPs enjoy just doing stuff for Intellectual curiosity and for the fun of it while INTJs will take their Ni seriously and try to shape the world how they see fit in an almost meticulous fashion.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
intp are more creative than intj ... intj have more imagination ( tho Ni imagination can be overwhelming for intp 'cause logical reasons and they are alot more emotional than intp ).
INtj and intp can undertand themself pretty well but they need time to understand their other point of view .
Intj want to be smart as an intp but intp want to be "cool" as intj .. funny thing.

Klaus V.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
intp are more creative than intj ... intj have more imagination ( tho Ni imagination can be overwhelming for intp 'cause logical reasons and they are alot more emotional than intp ).
INtj and intp can undertand themself pretty well but they need time to understand their other point of view .
Intj want to be smart as an intp but intp want to be "cool" as intj .. funny thing.

No, just cut that bullshit. INTPs are not inherently more creative than INTJs, and INTJs are not more inherently imaginative than INTPs (I'm also curious as to how you differ between "creative" and "imaginative", the two often go hand-on-hand). MBTI is about cognitive preferences, not skill. As for the rest, it makes me question if you're even being serious.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
No, just cut that bullshit. INTPs are not inherently more creative than INTJs, and INTJs are not more inherently imaginative than INTPs (I'm also curious as to how you differ between "creative" and "imaginative", the two often go hand-on-hand). MBTI is about cognitive preferences, not skill. As for the rest, it makes me question if you're even being serious.

Exactly, INTJ's are creative in regards to transforming an imagined scenario into reality via Te whereas INTP's are creative in regards to exploring an imagined idea and structuring it via Ti. Both are equally creative, yet the difference lies in the avenue.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
(I'm also curious as to how you differ between "creative" and "imaginative", the two often go hand-on-hand)

I think it would help to take the meanings of the words implicitly through their contrast with each other.

Creative probably refers to the manifestation of something new in reality, whereas imaginative refers to something new in the mind.

Klaus V.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it would help to take the meanings of the words implicitly through their contrast with each other.

Creative probably refers to the manifestation of something new in reality, whereas imaginative refers to something new in the mind.

That can be implied, yes, but I'm not sure that's what they were going for, which is why I asked.

For example, what does it mean for an INTP to be more creative in that sense? Are they more realistic with their imagination? Are they more creative with their surroundings? Are they more apt at bringing their ideas into reality? In short, I don't think they were clear enough on that front.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

Also, you should have used Nonsense instead of bullshit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Also, you should have used Nonsense instead of bullshit.

Why?

I'm always told, repeatedly (by INTP's of course) that they have a far better work ethic, are apparently experts on which very selective tasks should be blessed with their work ethic (how convenient) and have vastly more creativity and less neurosis than INTJ's. I see little evidence of this as a type and people that actually brag about their work ethic generally have little.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Why?

I'm always told, repeatedly (by INTP's of course) that they have a far better work ethic, are apparently experts on which very selective tasks should be blessed with their work ethic (how convenient) and have vastly more creativity and less neurosis than INTJ's. I see little evidence of this as a type and people that actually brag about their work ethic generally have little.

It was a joke :D...(The Poster's username being Non_XSense)...If you look at my previous post, I mentioned that it depends on the form of creativity...That is, both have the potential to be creative.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
...ever met an E3?

Yes. They're very driven. But I've never heard one tell me how amazing their work ethic is - never met an INTP that was an E3 either.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Why some Intj and pseudo-intj are so literals ... please , of course there is a spectrum.

Klaus V.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why some Intj and pseudo-intj are so literals ... please , of course there is a spectrum.

Because some people actually check those threads to help typing themselves and others, and using words arbitrarily can confuse them further. Also, I was questioning the "creative vs imaginative" comparison, not how those exist within a spectrum between INTPs and INTJs (because I don't think that particular spectrum actually exists).