• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The differnce between INTJ and INTP

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Ne rarely try to close concepts , even exploring " the wrong side " of any theory . if an idea get "static" Ne get bored and try to play with them.
you are right , Intj can be very creative using Ni and Te But they use it to finish ideas rather than finding more posibilities .

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's some stuff for discussion:

INTP vs INTJ: 5 Ways to Truly Tell Them Apart
INTJ vs INTP: Core Differences

Thought the personality junkie angle was interesting -- compare their obsessions with Fe vs Se concerns. (They've advocated this too with INTP vs ENTP, in regards to Fe vs Si angles.)

Why?

I'm always told, repeatedly (by INTP's of course) that they have a far better work ethic, are apparently experts on which very selective tasks should be blessed with their work ethic (how convenient) and have vastly more creativity and less neurosis than INTJ's. I see little evidence of this as a type and people that actually brag about their work ethic generally have little.

lolz. Honestly, I think with INTPs intelligence is expressed in our ability to get a job across the finish line with as little work as feasibly possible. In fact, I think we spend a lot more energy trying to devise the most elegant solutions to accomplish a goal with the least amount of effort needed.

Doesn't mean we don't care about the task. But doing everything the straight-forward "roll up the shirt sleeves" way feels banal and unimaginative by nature, we're always looking for some kind of streamlined process.

I have had to learn sometimes to plunge ahead and put in the sweat and toil and "do the obvious." Also, I take my responsibilities seriously, regardless of how I fulfill them.

I haven't really met E3 INTPs either; usually it's e5 or e9 by nature, depending typically on their tolerance of conflict with / interference by others.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Here's some stuff for discussion:

INTP vs INTJ: 5 Ways to Truly Tell Them Apart
INTJ vs INTP: Core Differences

Thought the personality junkie angle was interesting -- compare their obsessions with Fe vs Se concerns. (They've advocated this too with INTP vs ENTP, in regards to Fe vs Si angles.)

lolz. Honestly, I think with INTPs intelligence is expressed in our ability to get a job across the finish line with as little work as feasibly possible. In fact, I think we spend a lot more energy trying to devise the most elegant solutions to accomplish a goal with the least amount of effort needed.

Doesn't mean we don't care about the task. But doing everything the straight-forward "roll up the shirt sleeves" way feels banal and unimaginative by nature, we're always looking for some kind of streamlined process.

I have had to learn sometimes to plunge ahead and put in the sweat and toil and "do the obvious." Also, I take my responsibilities seriously, regardless of how I fulfill them.

I haven't really met E3 INTPs either; usually it's e5 or e9 by nature, depending typically on their tolerance of conflict with / interference by others.

Really , Intp bragging about work ethic is kinda ummmm , i never thought about that in my life ( except to criticize politians xDDD ).
Ne getting bored is the principal variable for intp do to something xD.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really , Intp bragging about work ethic is kinda ummmm , i never thought about that in my life ( except to criticize politians xDDD ).
Ne getting bored is the principal variable for intp do to something xD.

yeah, it's a great motivator... and the reason it's easy for half of the projects to be left unfinished. :D

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Official MBTI Questions for J vs P:

Official MBTI Assessment Step II Facets
First of all, here is documentation pertaining to it: https://www.psychometrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/mbti-st2-ms.pdf
Secondly, here is a link to the full Step II P/J descriptions: Descriptions of the MBTI Step II Facets

As for the actual 4-letter type specific differences...

Descriptions:
INTP - https://students.usask.ca/documents/secc/INTP.pdf
INTJ - https://students.usask.ca/documents/secc/INTJ.pdf

MBTI Manual (2nd Edition)
INTP - http://www.csun.edu/~hcpsy002/INTP.pdf
INTJ - http://www.csun.edu/~hcpsy002/INTJ.pdf

Statistics:

dcuku2c-c6e4daa6-3e51-4dd7-b715-3ad714b7ad2a.jpg

dcuku1s-9e2ef1c0-9acc-4c1f-9c3d-ef78dbe4d8a9.jpg

dcuku0a-5700e917-d188-4b5d-ac85-083d1950371b.jpg

Pulled this excerpt out of Drenth's book because it pulled statistics from the MBTI Manual.

Last edited: