• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT-NT pairing

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Some better than others? Some worse than others? Experiences? I went out with an INTJ for a while and it was not like any dynamic that I have read about so far. I wonder now if some of the friction was due to both of us not willing to lose any type of perceived control.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only NTs I've really been attracted (only T for that matter) have been ENTPs. It's dangerous though, because a lot of ENTPs count among the biggest assholes in the world, so much time is spent checking on them, to figure out if they are one of the more respectable ones.

Never had a relationship with one, though. I think a potential problem with these things is that an intimate relationship is going to need some emotional initiative somewhere a long the lines. Someone's going to have to disclose. I bet it would reall stall at that stage, because neither I nor the ENTP would want to take the first step. There's also the fear that the other will not reciprocate, and will have a threatening advantage as a result.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Magic, I dunno actually... I know that in any given situation if there's something nobody wants to do and nobody wants to make the first step, even if I hate it just as much as anyone I notice I tend to be the initiator most of the time... I think 'initiation' is something ENTP's kinda do naturally... it's a sorta 'oh ffs let's get this ball rolling!' feeling I know I, personally, have... so whatever 'that ball' is, all it takes is a feeling that if I don't, nobody will, and that's enough to motivate me even if it's something I hate to do. And especially when it's ENTP/INTP as a pair, I would imagine the E would make me by default usually looked to as the initiator.

TBH it's one of the gripes I have in life generally, that though most of the time I don't mind it, it sorta gets on my nerves that people seem to usually RELY on me being the one that 'gets things going'; people don't seem to even think about making the effort themselves once in a while...

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
All of my love interests had been ENTPs. I don't know, but ENTPs charm me... It's like they always have something to discuss about, spending hours and hours talking. And they're usually geeky enough for not thinking about me as weird.

I believe INTP/ENTP is a great pairing.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
TBH it's one of the gripes I have in life generally, that though most of the time I don't mind it, it sorta gets on my nerves that people seem to usually RELY on me being the one that 'gets things going'; people don't seem to even think about making the effort themselves once in a while...

I feel your pain! When it comes to relationships (when I'm really really into someone) I'm more hesitant, though.

I think NT-NT has distinct advantages, especially with older (I'll leave the specific determination up for interpretation) specimens when the F has developed a bit more.

What was your experience with the INTJ?

I was together with another INTJ for a while and the similarity wasn't always a positive thing.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, sub, people are more or less likely to take the initiative on different subjects. I figured that most Ts have a harder time than Fs when it comes to establishing an intimate relationship. I can't tell you how ENTPs, because you should obviously have better knowledge than I do, but I can say that the ENTPs I've know have been very awkward to engage when it comes to intimate and sentimental things.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh yeah Magic I don't dispute that at all, I know I'd rather face an oncoming cavalry charge, armed with nothing but a small fruitknife, than have one of 'those' conversations! But what I meant to say was that in a situation where I was with someone else who ALSO felt that way, it would usually bring out the 'bring it on' in me. As long as there was someone else who'd do it, I'd put it off indefinitely. But if I felt it was me or nobody, I'd do it every time and not put it off for a minute. Not just 'bring it on' but 'let's get it over with ffs'. :laugh:

Uytuun I haven't had a romantic relationship with an INTJ, but I have with an ENTJ and it was fairy-tale stuff :) Well, an NT version of a fairy-tale, which is more like living logically ever after... :D

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
It's worked perfectly for me, and I can't possibly be happier.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah the thing I really liked about being with another NT, though I guess it'd work with any T, was the emotional space. And... that the value I gave to my emotions was the value they did, too, rather than like I feel with F's, my feelings get overplayed as to the significance of the part they play in what I decide/say/do etc.

It was nice and very refreshing to have someone perceive and interpret my actions and words with the same level of importance given to my emotions and intellect as I had given when choosing them. Otherwise, I often feel that my choices are being attributed to motives that are totally not me at all, and this can result in feeling like I'm being told what I think/feel. Which always puts my back up.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
It's worked perfectly for me, and I can't possibly be happier.

Could you list any of the issues that you have run into with a (near) identical type (without ending up on the couch)? And also, how those issues have been addressed or ones you are still working on.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
All of my love interests had been ENTPs. I don't know, but ENTPs charm me... It's like they always have something to discuss about, spending hours and hours talking. And they're usually geeky enough for not thinking about me as weird.

I believe INTP/ENTP is a great pairing.

How you doin? :newwink:

But seriously, I'm pretty sure my ex in college was ENTx and it was pretty awesome. You have to watch out for occasional T to the other's F moments but they can be handled easily enough if you know how to recognize them. Also, if you're also both strong Ns it can be tough to actually to have a normal conversation. Sometimes you actually do just wanna talk about your day, y'know?

MBTI Type
INxJ
Tried it, no spark. INTPs are fun though. Like a close friend that you just happen to have sexual relations with. INTJs, too similar in negative ways to establish a deeper connection.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Tried it, no spark. INTPs are fun though. Like a close friend that you just happen to have sexual relations with. INTJs, too similar in negative ways to establish a deeper connection.

I thought that other than ENFP, INTJ were supposed to be the best matches for other INTJs?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
This topic merited just 14 posts? :huh:

Anyone got experience with the INTJ-ENTP match?

(Non-NTs with second-hand insight to share on that score, please PM me!)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I always found hanging out with ENTP guys to be great fun... I suppose INTJ-ENTP can work. Assuming the one-up-manship is held in check/is enjoyable over time.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh I can sing the praises of INTJ-INTJ relationships forever ;) I love my INTJ husband, we are incredibly good together in all aspects.

I didn't particularly care for extroverts romantically, the ones I dated tended to try to overpower me socially, which I disliked.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
no_one_must_know.png