• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT-NT pairing

Alrischa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
NTs were never really my first choice of romantic mates; I've always been more attracted to the gregarious ESTPs, but I suppose ENTJ or ENTP would be at the top of my list. Of course, I enjoy being with the INT types; I just never considered them before. I've long since stopped trying to decide which type I'd absolutely like best as MBTI doesn't really provide real answers for that question in my case; I found that I can enjoy the company of any type tremendously.

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I am INtP and my more or less significant other is InTJ/IsTJ We find each others opinions annoying. We get on each others nerves. But he is generous and not jealous. And gives me my space. I am not sure I would need so much space if I enjoyed his company more. I am not complaining though,the relationship is mutually beneficial. if someone who I could truly love falls in my lap one day, I will just end it. He will be OK because thats just how it is.

marmandahalf

I dated an INTJ and we were total emotional tards together. We'd be like, "OK. We don't feel good. Why don't we feel good?" and then branch into a random discussion about something unrelated. Nothing ever got resolved.

Now I'm totally into the INFJ thing.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
As an INTP, I find it difficult to romantically approach another INT in real life (the only one I've ever identified). It makes me feel like an extravert by comparison.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As an INTP, I find it difficult to romantically approach another INT in real life (the only one I've ever identified). It makes me feel like an extravert by comparison.

I wonder, dont you int's find it hard to approach romantically in general ?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I wonder, dont you int's find it hard to approach romantically in general ?

Well... yea, but it completely depends what type I'm dealing with. I try not to keep myself too distant if I like someone. The one NT female I've met, on the other hand, is a more distant type who is hard to approach for somebody who can also be prone to being distant. I don't know how to explain it... I guess it's just hard for two introverts to make shit happen.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I like NTP women, but most NTJ women give me the cold shoulder when I'm not even really considering dating them yet which sort of baffles me. There's definitely chemistry with some NTPs, the only question is whether we'd get anything done around the house.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
+ hard for the extroverts to see that there is a world, they never will set foot in. But for whats it worth, at least we are happy :)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
ive been thinking about intp/nt recently and decided ill put my vote in for it.
on paper it would seem like NFs are ideal but i keep hurting their feelings unintentionally, like a bull in a china store (is that the analogy? i forget)
ive known at least one person of each NT type and i've had pretty good instant repore with all of them.

Vanitas

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NT is preferred for me based on experience, NTJ even more so. Partnership > romance.

ENSP are fun, but I'd probably can never take them seriously. NF... No, not yet for awhile. Feelings complicate things, dealing with feelers would require more focus than what I can give at the moment. : \

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When going into a relationship, I must feel relatively secure that when it ends the other person will not turn into a neurotic basket case. NTs usually don't.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I had this experience with an ENTP. Personally, I need someone with more emotional intelligence than I have. I'm not saying that NFs necessarily are emotionally healthier than NTs -- I know that's certainly not the case -- but in general, they do have more of an intuitive knack for interpreting and approaching feeling-oriented topics than NTs. Honestly, I want someone who is gentle and compassionate, who can explain to me why I feel the way I do, or at least care if I am upset. NTs tend to just become frustrated because they don't know how to handle the situation. With the ENTP, there was a distinct vibe of "you're ruining my party, I'm frustrated and don't know what to do, so I'm going to lash out at you." Sometimes, emotional needs are very simple and basic. Not all NTs know how to clue in to even obvious emotional situations, nor do they all know how to solve ridiculously simple emotional situations. I have that problem myself, so it was a tough situation that could not have been solved without counseling and basic guidance from a therapist. I know that the ENTP had similar issues with me; stating that I mocked her for crying, which surprised me to hear. Sometimes I came across as aggressive or abrasive without meaning to...that was frustrating to me. I wish someone could just read my mind. I didn't always mean to be cruel, even if I came across that way.

Edit: I didn't mean to "read my mind"...that's unfair to ask. More like have a natural grasp on the situation.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When going into a relationship, I must feel relatively secure that when it ends the other person will not turn into a neurotic basket case. NTs usually don't.

Given enough stress and preexisting instability, any type can turn into a neurotic basketcase. I get tired of hearing how supposedly stable and calm NTs are. Trust me, that's not always the case.

Love,

A part time neurotic INTP, daughter of a full time psychotic basketcase INTJ

juggernaut

Permabanned
Definitely NT for me. I do enjoy the company of SFs, STs, and NFs but I don't know if I could take the Ss seriously at this stage in my life and the Fs inevitably end up in tears in my presence. I realize this is rather selfish, but I don't see myself ever wanting to revamp my personality to the degree I would have to to make these relationships work (and be fulfilling). I do like all of them for "light" social interaction, but I couldn't live with them. I've done it twice (ST and SF) and both times I was left feeling somewhat empty, despite having great affection for both men for long periods of time (the SF significantly less than the ST for obvious reasons).

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Given enough stress and preexisting instability, any type can turn into a neurotic basketcase. I get tired of hearing how supposedly stable and calm NTs are. Trust me, that's not always the case.

Love,

Amen. Fe can do scary things. I am rarely emotional about anything, but when I am...

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Amen. Fe can do scary things. I am rarely emotional about anything, but when I am...

Yep. My Fe only seems to contain pure emotions that come on like a thunderstorm (if it's anger) or ridiculously affectionate and happy (if it's good stuff). It's as mature as a two year old...it's also embarrassing and hurtful to others sometimes. :\

Hey, did I just personify my Fe? That's kinda scary. It has taken on a life of its own lately, though, so it makes sense to do so...that's just bad. *shakes head*

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Love,

I guess I WAS jumping to conclusions.
I will get down off my high horse now!
:hug:
Calm on the outside- not quite so much on the inside, me;)

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
actually not bad...i don't mind having other NTs for guy friends because
sometimes it is fun to have your intellect challenged in a conversation (but
in good humor not in the sense of being undermined or patronized) so I'm
not afraid of ending up with someone that might be a little smarter than
me.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
I am an intp and I often go for intj because they are smart, they foregoe the emotional stuff which i think is a giant waste of life and as meaningless as yesterday's weather report, they strive for progress, they understand me, and they make me a "project" (although i don't comply...hehehe...it doesn't bother me that i don't progress...they never give up, thinking the "p" will somehow turn into a 'j' if they just kiss it often enough, as if it were the proverbial frog and prince).