• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: Do you make up stuff for no reason?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Sure, sure but you know N's think about a lot more and S's just do it, so it's gotta be a tie.

ah ah ah !!! Noone said N's do not do it :D.

there are some N's that are better than the other N, I mean even Orwell did knew that, you infidels !

I MUST go to bed now, it is 7:26 am here, I am totally drunken and I have to get up at 9:45 am.

Do not flood this thread, I wont read it all anyways :D

gn8

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
na, we just got rid of the slut thingie :D

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well damn.. Where am I gonna find work at now..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... pro$titution pay$.... ;)

a $lut need$ to make money $omehow! :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I tried the male stripper route... surprisingly not as much cash flow as you would think. Of course maybe it doesn't count when its in front of the bathroom mirror and for an audience of one.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tried the male stripper route... surprisingly not as much cash flow as you would think. Of course maybe it doesn't count when its in front of the bathroom mirror and for an audience of one.

Let's see what you got. Break out the banana sling, big boy.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes, I make things up for no reason.

But I find when I make things up, they have a deeper, underlying reason.

In fact the only way I know of getting to this deeper, underlying reason is to give up the superficial reason.

Sure it's scary, but it is more satisfying.

And superficial reasons are usually no more than rationalisations. While the deeper meanings are related to my values and my culture. And oddly enough they are more natural and relaxing.

But most of all the deeper meanings are often brand new. They are a fresh surprise.

A surprise I would never have if I remained on the surface.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Shit yes.

The thing is, everything I say is at least plausible. If I don't know the truth, I make something up. I always have an answer.
I hate to say "I don't know" when someone asks me something.

But there's a lot of shit that I do know, and I'll suredly tell people the truth... eventually.

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
I find it funny and when people find contradictions in what an ENTP says, they start trying to validate their statement and go into massive self-denial, kinda like what an ESTJ does too, and extrovert thinkers do as well.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
when I'm emotionally charged I have a tendency to do that. I have an innate dislike for lying though, so it is more likely that I have just glanced something over and am not willing to admit or feel embarrassed that I did. Thats a rare instance though, I usually value having my opinions challenged, when I get emotional(rare) though I can make any guarantees

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I frequently tell people to remember that half of everything I say isn't intended to be taken seriously, basically as a weak excuse for social experimentation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have never in my entire life, made up stuff for no reason, .. I think

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm personally appauled by this trait in people. My brother makes 90% of stuff up when telling stories when talking to other people with me around even though he blatantly knows I know he is lying or blowing it all up bigtime.

I'm still trying to figure out how much of an ENTP I am really, but this is a trait I strive never to act upon myself. :p

But it might be related to the fact that I am influenced through experience that it's an annoying trait, that I don't act on it myself.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
no I don't make stuff up, unless I am trying to pull someone's leg.

I recently had a mole frozen on m neck - which left a horrible sore scar for a few days, when asked what it was I basically said it was a syphalis sore... I am pretty confident no one beleived me :D

Lis

Qre:us

:yes: I make stuff up:

1) When I exaggerate to such a degree, it is mostly in the company of those that know me well (and I know well), so it's more for a laugh/entertainment that any thought to being serious.

2) To get out of a hot spot - my BS meter goes off the roof. And, it's dang believable. It's not arrogance but I very rarely don't get things that I make up my mind to have. (it's just most things in life I don't care enough to 'have', nor do I think the effort/duplicity is worth is/warrented, I rather earn it.)
I've gotten a speeding ticket of 165km/hr down to "a minimum fine, that won't be noted with my insurance company - of 110km/hr" AND the nice police officer stopped me a second time, to let me know I missed my exit, and drove half an hour to re-route me back on the right path. I was owning the highway that day, seeing all cars slow down as the cop car opened the road for me to follow along. *um..ahem..* :blush:

3) To test people:
(a) their 'theories', their stories (like I'll set up my conversation to corner them, and have them admit their contradictions in their stories or validate my position only to myself that the other is lying)
E.g., Person: Yeah, I totally went to X, it was great!
*my spidey sense smells bullshit*
Me (complete bullshit): "Oh yeah!....I think there's this gray gothic looking building at X, you know if you keep walking down Y Street, and pass the little garden that comes up on the left side? Gorgeous tulips when I went in May. Is the fountain still there?"
Person: Uh..yeah. Oh ya! Yup, we actually went to sit in that garden.
*point proven* (I raraly call them on it, I just :yes: inside my head)

(b) With another N, because it's hella fun to see how far & crazy we can take a seed of an idea (we both know we're 'playing' though)

- sometimes, I will even go on tangents with an idea, and this is the only time I'm not conscious of how far I'm going, because it's just my Ne-zone, not on purpose or with malice, or to lie or bullshit. As such, in these situations, I will very appreciatively accept when others point out that I need to reel myself back in.

(c) Because I'm bored and I don't have much respect for present company, so I wanna tussle it up. Girls talking 'gossip' about other girls. "You won't believe what SHE DID....!!!" I will make up the craziest stories about 'this person I know' to beat their stories, only to see them :shock: and :yes: and eating it all up! Just for my own personal joke/amusement (they don't know they're my 'joke' though)

- sarcasm: most can't tell when I'm dishing this out (if you know me enough, you'll know that the rule is, always assume sarcasm unless otherwise stated)

* so yeah, most times, when I make stuff up, I have a very conscious awareness of myself about to do it. And, I will decide even before I proceed, whether it is 'play' or 'playing them'......and, I will contextualize accordingly so the other side is aware (play) or unaware (playing them). It's very much under my control and thus, has to pass through the rigors of my personal ethics (which, suprising to believe, I do have :tongue:)

T

ThatGirl

No.

On a side note, the other day I actually figured out the way to travel through time with light. Funny story I'll tell you about it sometime.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Um, don't most guys do this?!?!?

I thought it had something to do with having testicles.

:unsure:

^Agreed.

I exaggerate. But it's an understood exaggeration, complete with caricature-like facial expressions.

And a lot what Qre:us's said.

Qre:us... are you in my head or something???