• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: Do you make up stuff for no reason?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
In my experience ENTJ's are more likely to overly express certainty rather than ENTP's.

This seems likely. But faking certainty is a little different from the kind of lieing that OP was talking about, I think.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I take one side and the other person takes the other and then I like to see what conclusions we each come to. In reality I don't have many strong opinions, but I often pretend I do in order to see another person's perspective about something.

I also make up buttloads of explanations for things. I have to have an explanation for everything, so I make up one that seems reasonable, and then I constantly refine it as I encounter more data that enlightens the subject. I don't see explanation and fact as the same thing though. If event X happened then I would give my best explanation for why it happened, but I would never say X happened if it didn't happen.
I do these, too.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Out of the two ENTPs i can name off the top of my head:

one is a compulsive liar

one is either rather truthful, or is a GOOD liar

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I know a number of ENTPs and a lot (not all) of them seem to seamlessly throw outright manufactured information into their stories/conversations. It doesn't even have a purpose most of the time. One said once, "Yeah...I know like 50% of what I say isn't true."

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about people who will just randomly make up facts and stories and pretend like they are completely true while telling them, and I realized that like 90% of the people we were talking about were probably ENTPs.

This isn't an attack on ENTPs in general, since obviously the mature ones won't have this trait. I am just saying that, in my experience, most of the compulsive liars I know are ENTPs and I'm wondering why this is.

I used to do this - just make stuff up because it seemed like it would fit well into the story or because I wanted to entertain the person I was talking to. It was always harmless in so far as untruths can be harmless. Though clearly truth need not be less harmfull at times. Think fantastic stories about my cat. These days, not so much, although I'm sure I still do it from time to time. I'm not sure I would call it lying. It's true that it's about belief, it's as if the stuff I made up came naturally and I seemed to be convinced it could have happened to the point of me getting moved by it. I can't lie (as in deliberately changing the true course of events as it has manifested - deceit) at all, but I can construct truth.

Is it Ni, is it Ne, perhaps a bit of both.

Edit: apparently the consensus is that it's Ne...*looks at her type* *sighs*

astroidea

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm an ENTP and I definitely don't do this.
In fact, I have more of a problem lying when I'm supposed to. I try to see reality as clearly as possible, and feel that lies or fabrications only screws up my thinking.

astroidea

MBTI Type
ENTP
YouTube - George Carlin-some people are stupid

I'd personally think ESTP's would be more full of shit given they're the true machiavalli manipulative salesmen.

"Gamesmanship is the calling card of the ESTP. Persons of this type have a natural drive to best the competition. Some of the most successful salespersons are ESTPs. P.T. Barnum ("Never give a sucker an even break") illustrates the unscrupulous contingent of this type."
ESTP Profile

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP's are the better Playboys

(Ok this thread is meant to be fun :D)

I mean face it, the N's have the ability to draw connections between things. What means in the long run, they are able to connect to F types, which are according to statistics 75% woman, better than any S would.

I mean, I feel some sort of pity, I was together with those 37 hunters today in a chatroom, who all tried to hit the special girl and I got their number and she even did not know what I looked like.

Beat that ! :D

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I dunno, I see ENTPs doing it more than ESTPs, but you probably don't lie because of enneagram type, childhood values and morals, or the fact that you're an individual and no 2 people are the same.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't generally LIE in real life- I find that a bit useless since the truth is generally found out anyways and you get a bit more slack from people if you're honest.

When I get bored I *do* tend to fabricate things though- like when stuck in line at the grociery beside some people and I invent a new life story to tell since I'm bored and have nothing better to do. :blush: I don't consider this lying though really, since it isn't meant to deceive, just to keep us all entertained! (and give my brain something to do)

Most of the time I stick to the truth though- since it's weirder than fiction most of the time :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
or the NT female, who can draw male attention (frequently even unwanted!) because she's so "refreshing" in her outlook and habits and "so different from other girls"... the huntee instead of the hunter :ninja:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
or the NT female, who can draw male attention (frequently even unwanted!) because she's so "refreshing" in her outlook and habits and "so different from other girls"... the huntee instead of the hunter :ninja:

No that's called a slut, I am talking bout playboys here :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you should've been NF. Then your morale would have diffused my bomb :D

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
thats why entps are just so dern rare. the world just couldn't handle it. Intelligence, humour, attitude, and attraction all in one bundle?? Its just too much for us mere mortals to handle.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
thats why entps are just so dern rare. the world just couldn't handle it. Intelligence, humour, attitude, and attraction all in one bundle?? Its just too much for us mere mortals to handle.

spoken right out of my heart !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Is there an option to delete the threads your started, my mind is working and I am gettin worried :D

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Lol, we don't want to delete it yet! Not until the SPs arrive and shred it to bits!