• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Annoying traits of each NT type?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think people mistake the postulating and questioning combined with the willingness to voice your opinion as a symbolization of you believing that you are in fact an authority figure on what seems like every topic. I don't think people can really envision your internal state and look beyond your statements and understand that it is more removing your self doubts so you can proceed.

I think when I'm in conversations with my dad(INTJ) the difference in perceived "knowitall-ness" is much more pronounced. He, and I presume INTJ's in general have this knack for venturing their opinions with an absurd amount of certainty along with an inability to leave room for questions, or worse off take them into consideration. I on the other hand sort of systematically try and remove doubt and uncertainty to move to a higher level of clarity which often times paints a picture of me as a dismissive, critical bastard who squelches other peoples ideas and only values my own ideas.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think people can really envision your internal state and look beyond your statements and understand that it is more removing your self doubts so you can proceed.

Okay, I do this too when I am trying to learn from others. Kind of like playing devil's advocate. But the first situation that popped in my mind is how it scares me that I am considered a lead (or subject matter expert) in something at work when I feel that I have only scratched the surface of knowing anything at all. I feel like the opposite of a knowitall. I am a knowjustenoughtobedangerous. Yeah, that doesn't have the same ring to it.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Mhmm. I understand what you mean totally, but the thing is on the outside people can't really see that. I'm no professional or expert but I still do get the constant advice seeking from others and I always feel like shit theres so much I don't know, I could know so much more, theres a lot that I'm in the process of learning and it just comes out as "well, yeah but have you looked at this, or no theres no way, or if you only knew, that can't be right, from my understanding..etc"

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Ok, so that is when people come to you for help. How is it perceived negatively (or annoying to refer back to the op)? Just providing other avenues would be considered by others as a knowitall?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What's your test sample? Two of each? I'm proud to totally fuck the mean up for you.
Pfff, you are totally an outlier, and hence fuck up nothing!!!

ENFPs, (in general), DO NOT write long-winded posts.

Many INTPs and INFJs do, however.

It really comes down to Ti vs. Te and how that manifests in styles of written communication.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeahh, you would be surprised there are a lot of arbitrary judgments that people make. Especially if you are genuinely curious about a lot of things, if it seems like you always comment on a number of different topics that are outside of your realm or comfort zone.

People have a lot of attachment to their opinions so when you revert to your self doubting, questioning nature people take it as you just wanting to prove you know more or are better by providing "other avenues" especially when you aren't taking the lead in implementing. I think sometimes you have to disguise it in humor or make it more lighthearted or you will increase your chances as being perceived as a knowitall.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ENFPs, (in general), DO NOT write long-winded posts.
ENFPs are very conversational if you care to notice, and this means post length is longer than average.

Are you thinking of BlueWing when you think of INTPs? Because these things are, in my mind, probably mutually exclusive.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJ: Can't tell when they're joking
INTP: Can tell when they're joking, but it's depressing to watch them try
ENTP: Can't tell when they're not joking

YES. You've nailed it. Thread's over.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFPs are very conversational if you care to notice, and this means post length is longer than average.
Are we conversational? Um, hell yes!

But our post lengths are not longer than average.

Honestly, like, LOL!!!

:huh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oy vey, what's the point!

/exits thread

Last edited:

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm aware this is a radical digression from this thread, but what's up with all the NT hate lately, CaptainChick? I don't care if you hate the NTs, but must you post about it to the exclusion of everything else?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
She's getting back at us for the NFs jealous of NTs thread.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm aware this is a radical digression from this thread, but what's up with all the NT hate lately, CaptainChick? I don't care if you hate the NTs, but must you post about it to the exclusion of everything else?

Now you sound like an NF. Banished.