• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP with ENFJ does it work?

RoseAX

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hi,
so my bestfriend (ENTJ) has older brother (ENFJ) and from the first time I saw him, it was two months ago, I had this weird feeling that I am attracted to him A LOT (never happened with anyone to me ever before) even though I don't really know him, just from my bestfriend's stories and then, he is not my usual type.

My ENTJ bestfriend told me, that he only had serious relationships and now when he is about three months single, he has problems coping with that and drinks a lot and is in real need of girlfriend. And she says that I am much alike with him and that we have some weird common interests and favourite things.

But I never had serious relationship really, because I have pretty big trust issues and as well, I never felt this kind of big attraction towards anyone until now, so I usually in the end blew up every guy's atempt to go out with me and ran away from him. But this time I really think it could work out, but I am scared that if it won't work out that I will destroy even my friendhip with ENTJ, despite the fact that she told me that I am her only friend with whom she could imagine her brother to be with and that she would support it.

And I know that he has at least little interest in me, because we hung out a few times with our group of friends and the last time we met each other, we made out a little drunk at party. Now he is for three weeks abroad and we haven't spoken since that party.

So I wanted to ask if there is possibility that our possible relationship would work. And then if you think that my ENTJ friend will really be still okay with it, or if she is okay just with that idea and reality would be different?

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hi,
so my bestfriend (ENTJ) has older brother (ENFJ) and from the first time I saw him, it was two months ago, I had this weird feeling that I am attracted to him A LOT (never happened with anyone to me ever before) even though I don't really know him, just from my bestfriend's stories and then, he is not my usual type.

Didn't anyone ever tell you we're the most attractive type?

My ENTJ bestfriend told me, that he only had serious relationships and now when he is about three months single, he has problems coping with that and drinks a lot and is in real need of girlfriend. And she says that I am much alike with him and that we have some weird common interests and favourite things.

That sounds about right.

But I never had serious relationship really, because I have pretty big trust issues and as well, I never felt this kind of big attraction towards anyone until now, so I usually in the end blew up every guy's attempt to go out with me and ran away from him. But this time I really think it could work out, but I am scared that if it won't work out that I will destroy even my friendship with ENTJ, despite the fact that she told me that I am her only friend with whom she could imagine her brother to be with and that she would support it.

There's no room for fear in love. You should go for it.

And I know that he has at least little interest in me, because we hung out a few times with our group of friends and the last time we met each other, we made out a little drunk at party. Now he is for three weeks abroad and we haven't spoken since that party.

So I wanted to ask if there is possibility that our possible relationship would work. And then if you think that my ENTJ friend will really be still okay with it, or if she is okay just with that idea and reality would be different?
If I know anything at all, I know that ENFJs like INTPs. Good luck! <3

Amberiat

Infinity
Give it a shot, don't fall into the trap of judging the potential of a relationship based on typology, try it and see how it works.

Good luck!

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would just go for it. Relationships can work out regardless of type. It's better to try and see what happens.

My parents are an ISTP and ESFJ and have been together for over 30 years. Different types but same dominant/inferior combination as in your case. So, it's definitely possible.

And remember that typology doesn't dictate relationships. It can help us to understand the other person, but it's not the end all be all.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hang out with him a little and see how it goes. If all goes well, then great, keep going. If not, just back away slowly. I think we INTPs tend to over think these things. Sounds like you’re ENTJ friend is very encouraging of your potential relationship with her brother and won’t turn her back on you if things don’t work out.

RoseAX said:
so I usually in the end blew up every guy's atempt to go out with me and ran away from him.
Haha! Been there. :doh: :blush:

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You might want to watch this, if you go after him.

Finite Fusion

They are Semi Duals in Socionics terms and should work out quite well type wise, assuming both are healthy. Your ENFJ will appreciate your Ti and you will love his Fe.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one thing I know for sure , people always trust us no matter how introverted they are .ENFJs give the aura of kind and trust worthy people and mostly with good intentions.
so, trust is not the problem when meeting ENFJ.