• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] How tf u know ur ENTP bro

Kanye69

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey, what’s up? So, I’m an ENTP, but I didn’t always think so. I used to think ENFP for like >a year, and I’ve also thought ISTJ, INFP, INTJ, ENTJ, and ESTJ. Even though I didn’t know as much about typology then as I do now, and I’m fairly confident about ENTP, I still can’t have 100% certainty. No one can. So I was just wondering how you all came to this decision. And how do you know you’re extroverted instead of introverted? That’s the part of my type which I’m least sure of. Ehajjabab whatever I guess. Even if you’re not ENTP, I’d like to know how you decided on your type. Thanks bruvs~

—Kanye69

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I look at the cognitive functions, I have those of an ENTP, and I also think it’s my MBTI type. But I’m not a big fan of the linking of MBTI and cognitive functions. The MBTI works with preferences, and preferences can change. Like for example, I have a different behavior at depending on what is going on. Sometimes I tend to be more like an ENTJ or even INTJ. And when I was a kid, I was more like an INTP or an INFJ. I came to ENTP the second time I took the test, then I learned more about it. I learned about the cognitive functions and the one who correspond the most to me is Ne. What also worked a lot for me at the beginning was to compare myself with fictional characters and their MBTI type.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Extrovert people have hard a time understanding what introvert really is .
I guess the best analogy is watching reality through a mirror , Introvert like to think their action before doing it .
I hope some of that help.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess the best analogy is watching reality through a mirror , Introvert like to think their action before doing it .

through a mirror? care to elaborate?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I always thought I was an introvert, but I have these intense moments of being drawn out of myself in order to get a "fix" from the environment. It's not my baseline though, so I > E for me. However, I cannot go days just sitting in my home by myself not talking to anyone (online) and reflecting on life. In fact, I do my reflecting in bits and pieces here and there, but then tend to get distracted by some other exploratory thought process. I also have an insatiable need to gather knowledge which causes me to habitually research or look into things that interest me, or to seek out interesting conversations. <<< That is greater than any of my needs and takes up hours of my day, everyday. It just so happens that I can satisfy this need online.

I always keep the possibility of being mistyped open, but I am either an abnormally withdrawn extrovert, or an abnormally "seeking" introvert.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

True and this is why is that i.g.

Extroverted Thinker vs Introverted Thinker

Thinking - act of reasoning
Te Subject -----------> Object
Ti Subject <------------ Object

Subject == My emotions, my brain, my uniquness etc.
Object == Book, People, Rail or Real things.

Logic of system:

Ti Me <---- Read ----- Book
Te Me ----- Teach-----> Flaws

Introverts gets information from subjects using objects, extroverts prefer to manipulate objects to get subject. :)

Ne is impressionistic about objects but Ne also like to check another 10.000 possibilities to make impression of someone. ----> get Si ---> A B C D E F---> A B C D E ---> A B C D ---> A B C --> A B ---> A You see introspection!

Se is more experimental like "A-Ha! You are this!" Facts or STATEMENTS of someone comes first, so they believe and act according to FACT what you say now! ---> get Ni --> Aha! A ---Nope! --> Aha! B ----> Nope! ----> Aha! C -----> Nope! ----> Aha! D --->Yeah. :)

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my case, I studied the cognitive functions.

I always test as ISTP on the MBTI dichotomy test...always. And for many years I thought MBTI was total bullshit...because I was incorrectly typed.

When I got into JCF, it became pretty obvious to me that I was some sort of Ne-user, and when I started paying actual attention to the way my thoughts go, the way my brain and ideas work, the inner process, it was pretty much word for word what Jung had to say about Ne. I then figured out the Ti in a similar way. It's really about the mental process.

Also, when I read ENTP descriptions, they really do apply to me. Not just, Oh hey I can identify with that. You can do that with many of the types. But ENTP was actually like, OMG that's how I really am! That's ME. Something about your correct type sparks off a sense of recognition.

So it's not really a matter of being "totally sure" about being correctly typed. It's about observing what's actually going on in your own mind, and knowing how to categorize the patterns, and having a strong enough sense of identity/self-awareness that it's possible for a type's habits to resonate with you. Look at what's actually going on with your brain rather than comparing yourself to descriptions and characteristics and finding reasons to doubt. That can go on forever.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Pe types (ExxP) have a hard time learning from their mistakes and tend to repeat them, especially when young. Do you have a hard time remembering to get things done (i.e. checking the mail, paying bills on time, allowing yourself enough time to get ready each day, appointments, etc)? Or do you have a hard time remembering what the consequences of your actions will be and where they will lead you (impulsive decisions without much forethought of what will happen in the long run - this is where the stereotype of criminal ESTP comes in)?

I know you didn't mention ESTP, but I'm just wondering.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
same, this dude figured out he an ENTP and lmfao its relatable af... thO I'm not an ENTP, I MUST HAVE A SOUL OF AN ENTP. XD

pmg_entp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If you've often found yourself dumbfounded while walking away from an exciting, intriguing conversation that left your counterpart angry, sad, or exhausted.... you're an ENTP

If you crave constructive criticism and actively look for ways to apply that advice in your everyday life... you're an ENTP

If you put yourself in "the other shoe" to such an extent that you are likely to end up debating multiple, yet contradicting, viewpoints in a single conversation.... you're an ENTP

If presented with a problem, your emotional response completely shuts down and you engage in a competition against yourself to solve that problem as quickly as you can, while applying basically everything thing you have ever learned or experienced --- despite not being asked for your opinion in the first place... you're an ENTP

If your friends deeply value, yet also anxiously avoid, your blatant honesty... you're an ENTP

If you encourage your family and friends to take the Meyers-Briggs, not only for their benefit, but also for yours, so that you can be more intentional in the way you interact with them and understand their thought processes... you're an ENTP

If you are in a constant battle between your love for being the center of attention and your lack of concern with what almost anyone thinks of you... you're an ENTP

If you have ever been described by those that know you best as Type A, traditional, methodical, soft-spoken, a "creature of habit", or task-oriented there is a strong chance you are not an ENTP.