• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] The bridge between Ti and sensation

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hiya,

:reading:

Have been reading up on Ti, and frankly was completely enthralled.

It seems that the subjective logic brings about an almost 'sensation' set of skills.

For those who use Ti - How does sensation differ to Ti in terms of your experience of it?

Say your type

--

ENFJ :hi:

I feel like I'm looking for outer experiences with my Se and dealing with real life situations logically through my inferior Ti. But, I feel like my Se isn't fully functional without a sense of Ti.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hiya,

:reading:

Have been reading up on Ti, and frankly was completely enthralled.

It seems that the subjective logic brings about an almost 'sensation' set of skills.

For those who use Ti - How does sensation differ to Ti in terms of your experience of it?

Say your type

--

ENFJ :hi:

I feel like I'm looking for outer experiences with my Se and dealing with real life situations logically through my inferior Ti. But, I feel like my Se isn't fully functional without a sense of Ti.

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think of it as sensation at all. I can get pleasure from it, but that's not the same thing as sensation. Are you sure you aren't talking about Si?

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't think of it as sensation at all. I can get pleasure from it, but that's not the same thing as sensation. Are you sure you aren't talking about Si?

I use the word sensation as much more than just pleasure. As a function we use to interact with external physical experience in general.
Ti, on the other hand, uses past experience to take action.

So, yes Si would be similar in this way - it uses past experience to inform the current situation.

But, Ti is like Se in the 'action' part, the way they interact with an experience: flowing but in a rooted way.

I hope that was more understandable...?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use the word sensation as much more than just pleasure. As a function we use to interact with external physical experience in general.
Ti, on the other hand, uses past experience to take action.

So, yes Si would be similar in this way - it uses past experience to inform the current situation.

But, Ti is like Se in the 'action' part, the way they interact with an experience: flowing but in a rooted way.

I hope that was more understandable...?

I'm not sure that it does use past experience though. Perhaps partially in the sense of information acquired, but not totally. It makes deductions and generalizations that may not correspond exactly with past experience.