• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Maintenance Hacks

Mr Kovacs

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am relatively new to the whole Jung/MBTI pool of knowledge and without doubt I find myself heavily related to the ENTP descriptions. Ne-ing my way through society and problems. One thing I have recognized is a general tendency - not to maintain stuff - or if there is a regularity and efforts to maintain they are usually thought-through hacks. I always have to find a method, a shortcut, a hack if I am gonna stick to activities in the long run.

Few examples:

Maintaining and organizing the order in the house (regular activities like cleaning, dishes..)
Maintaining the relationships
Keeping diary
Regular expression of artistic side (I find this important for a balance and inner organization)

I learned by now that just focusing on developing Ti helps a great deal. Downside is that I get to much into it obsessing over knowledge, ideas and systems and forget about maintaining other stuff.

Any creative ideas? Hacks?

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Omg, same.
Here are some of the hacks I've learned:
- Always having some garbage bags and plastic containers handy for general organisation.
- Trying to avoid studying for longer than 50 minutes without a break, because the brain can't focus well for longer than 50 minutes. On the same note, avoiding studying for too short a period of time, because we gain dopamine and therefore momentum as we study and it would be a shame to waste the momentum.
- When ye olde depression sets in, step 1: hide under a blanket so that the ancient animal part of our brain perceives us as safe. It actually has an instant effect for me. Step 2: break up the things that need to be done into chunks of five minutes and only devote five minutes to each thing. This helps because it feels like I'm keeping on top of things, without having to commit to doing anything for long. Step 3: get some nature, hang out with a person, draw some mindless drawings, etc.
- Other health hacks: exposing my eyes to daylight sufficiently and regularly (for good mental health and for actual eye health), always having a water bottle handy, doing regular exercise etc.
- People hacks (I'm sure that you as an ENTP don't need to hear this but there might be other introverts reading the thread haha): asking lot of questions, finding common interests to talk about, practising making eye contact and all that stuff.
- Having some vegetable juice in the morning so I don't have to think about vegetables for the rest of the day.
- Doing exercise that keeps my mind occupied as well so I don't get bored. For me, ballet and yoga do the trick.