• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Am i Intj or intp?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Well , i'm almost sure that i'm an intp i was confusing the concepts of Ni/Ti and Ne/Te . analyzing Se/Si and Fe/Fi is so contradictory.
I'm open to Estp and Istp typing but i was such an awkward nerd and i never was in good term with kids of my age back then.

Some clues:
-I'm messy.
-I don't care much for physical pleasures ( tho i enjoying the sensation after doing it ).
-I have a strong Fi but i think my Fe is something natural .
-Alot of project that i want to finish ( i have to fight versus my lazyness )

I don't know if it is actually Ti or Ni that let me detect so many flaws to the funtions explications and personality theories that make it hard to be really sure.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my opinion INTPs can still have strong Fi, since dominant Ti and dominant Fi are both associated with the letters IP in combination. The idea of INTPs having the weakest Fi of all the functions was invented by someone named John Beebe, it isn't universally held to be true.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
In my opinion INTPs can still have strong Fi, since dominant Ti and dominant Fi are both associated with the letters IP in combination. The idea of INTPs having the weakest Fi of all the functions was invented by someone named John Beebe, it isn't universally held to be true.

Thank man . Btw what do you think about intp having high Ni , I don't trust test alot 'cause i know how to manipulate them now . Can we take control of other funtions using training?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank man . Btw what do you think about intp having high Ni , I don't trust test alot 'cause i know how to manipulate them now . Can we take control of other funtions using training?

Sure! INTPs are introverted and intuitive after all. And in theory you can strengthen any function through practice.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure! INTPs are introverted and intuitive after all. And in theory you can strengthen any function through practice.
Aren't there limits to that though? I've always assumed that while inferior functions can be strengthened, at the end of the day they will always be inferior functions and there's only so much you can really do.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well , i'm almost sure that i'm an intp i was confusing the concepts of Ni/Ti and Ne/Te . analyzing Se/Si and Fe/Fi is so contradictory.
I'm open to Estp and Istp typing but i was such an awkward nerd and i never was in good term with kids of my age back then.

Some clues:
-I'm messy.
-I don't care much for physical pleasures ( tho i enjoying the sensation after doing it ).
-I have a strong Fi but i think my Fe is something natural .
-Alot of project that i want to finish ( i have to fight versus my lazyness )

I don't know if it is actually Ti or Ni that let me detect so many flaws to the funtions explications and personality theories that make it hard to be really sure.

Function theories aren't science and there are a lot of issues with them. But accounting preferences and base methods of how one interacts with their environment does allow for the understanding of some of the more baser instincts and behaviours you exhibit.

Pretty typical of INTPs to poke holes into things btw. Keep it up.

k9a4b

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp

I thought I was an intp for a while. Do you like sports or anything fast paced?

CarolineJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is based on my own experience: INTPs come across as warmer and far less blunt than INTJs. They are better socially and can be talkative. They have a more live and let live attitude. INTJs are more likely to handle a structured work environment. The INTJ is more likely to be the shitty boss that the INTP challenges.

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTPs dont always like sports but all perceivers prefer things to be fast paced