• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Revamping our Type

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Most type profiles give us this unappealing quality especially when compared to our sister types, Im proposing we take our type into our own hands and reinvent ourselves and rises to new way. Im talking serious type development Ive done a lot of research and Im sure you guys have too.

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
HmmmMMMM so is your suggestion to develop better type profiles? Or is it to develop one's personality and/ or view independent of type profiles?
Is the plan to do this in an organized and collective manner?

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The way I see it the type profiles are based on real life people, more people exhibiting healthy behaviors the better our type profiles will be...for example Lenore Thomson said that most INTPs need more contact with the Extraverted nature of their secondary function. They’re accustomed to using their Intuition only to assess logical probability in a system. They have to make a deliberate effort to apply it to themselves - to see the effects they have on others in the larger picture, or to entertain possibilities outside their familiar framework of expectations. Other types exhibit more balance in their type profiles

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most type profiles give us this unappealing quality especially when compared to our sister types, Im proposing we take our type into our own hands and reinvent ourselves and rises to new way. Im talking serious type development Ive done a lot of research and Im sure you guys have too.

if it is only most, wouldn't it be simpler to just point out the ones that you don't feel are flawed? there are some pretty good ones typed up by intp's already, so i don't really feel all that motivated...

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The type profiles are just an abstraction(?) of real life, INTPs are suffering I go to these forums and websites I see its just sad...the INTPs there talk about wanting to INTJs ENTPs swear there nothing like INTPs people constantly associate the type with a neurological disorder (Asperger) braintypes has every perceiver type as being a reason athlete except INTP love types has INTP males having one other type being as reasonable partner and that types is probably the rarest

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Im talking about plans for serious wide spread type development...we need to find ways to actively engage our Ne so we can start producing results and the mental flexibility to call other functions if needed, no more ineffectual loners

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Im glad you brought those profiles to my attention and they were real written, I read the Paul James profile a few years ago and there good but I think we can do better the INTPexperience was good the tips he mentioned are l kinda good and its definitely in the ball park of what Im talking but it was still heavy on the Ti dominance, Im talking developing full blown extraversion, profiles that show more Ne. like George Costanza

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im glad you brought those profiles to my attention and they were real written, I read the Paul James profile a few years ago and there good but I think we can do better the INTPexperience was good the tips he mentioned are l kinda good and its definitely in the ball park of what Im talking but it was still heavy on the Ti dominance, Im talking developing full blown extraversion, profiles that show more Ne. like George Costanza

being extroverted is more about what is comfortable than where you choose to focus... i can choose to behave as an extrovert, but it can become tiring in many scenarios... there is a ti focus, because intp is classically a ti focused type... you may have noticed that i write iNtP when referring to myself... this is a way in which i indicate my preference for a style of thinking, rather than my ability to properly utilize any given function... you may have noticed that the intp .org profile went into the functions as commonly manifested by intp fairly well in depth... how you choose to utilize your functions is a stronger indicator of type than strength of functions... one could favor ti first, but be miserable at it... would they be intp? i would argue that they are... if you want to profile an extroverted ntp, i hear that entp fit the bill... though function stack changes quite a bit... why don't you show me a sample of why your suggested method is more informative, efficient, and or accurate than those i provided... perhaps you are really on to something, and i am being unduly dismissive...

dragon21

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think the INTJ descriptions need all the improvement they can get! to match with the majority of INTs. The INTP descriptions need toned down in certain areas :gleam:. "INTPs can be identified compared to other types by their search for truth in everything." Ha ok. I'll never downplay INTP's search for truth, but the functions are a lot more specific than that, and I'm one of many to admit that Myers-Briggs missed the boat on JCF. Cognitive functions need the overhaul, as they're too restricted by the dichotomies, which are inherently too concrete to fit the functions. For instance, from my experience, self-typed INxPs are the majority of those who make up INxPs and INxJs cognitively, because Ne secondaries and Ni primaries typically test as Ps. Primary intuition itself in contrast to primary sensing, is a heavy "P-lifestyle" function. Having lifestyle of concrete plans is something much more sensate and doesn't have to do with judgement, because "judgement" itself is a deeper more intricate concept. Thomson did a great job at describing what P vs J actually mean in a way that I think is obvious (see the links in my signature.) INxJs typically aren't planned as much as they can be slightly structured or ideational in methodilogy, but even this won't describe their primary profile, which is about Ni (Inward Abstract Perception.)

More entertaining is, I oftentimes accurately attempt to describe the true cognitive difference between INTPs and INTJs, but the INTPs still come out sounding cooler! Read this for instance. In reality, Ni and Ne are intelligent but in their own way--one is Inward Abstract perception, and the other is Outward Abstract Perception.

Last edited: