• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Developing Fe

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What is your experience with developing Fe or having Fe become more important/noticeable in your life?

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
I am FI orientated. Can't answer that. Curious about what inspired that question?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, being fe auxiliary but waffling to the point where I sometimes think it might be lower in my stack (it's certainly not inferior though nor could it be) I may give a bit of my two cents. I would say fe can be developed by trying to put yourself in the shoes of other people but if this instinct comes naturally, try not to get it out of control. Out of control fe can be a pretty scary thing. Kind of try to balance the logic with the human element/the trying to blend into the environment via emotions. Or it doesn't always exclusively involve humans but certainly does shape how one views the world, and can have a chameleonic affect when too strong.

With me, I have had trouble connecting with people when I was younger and understanding them didn't always come naturally to me but I've always been a worrier. I still have some trouble connecting to an extent but it's a work in progress. However, being very concerned about animals came more naturally than being concerned about humans. I know if it's inferior, it would be harder to challenge the fe but everyone has thinking as well as feeling functions so, just keep practicing but don't make yourself fe too much.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Well, being fe auxiliary but waffling to the point where I sometimes think it might be lower in my stack (it's certainly not inferior though nor could it be) I may give a bit of my two cents. I would say fe can be developed by trying to put yourself in the shoes of other people but if this instinct comes naturally, try not to get it out of control. Out of control fe can be a pretty scary thing. Kind of try to balance the logic with the human element/the trying to blend into the environment via emotions. Or it doesn't always exclusively involve humans but certainly does shape how one views the world, and can have a chameleonic affect when too strong.

With me, I have had trouble connecting with people when I was younger and understanding them didn't always come naturally to me but I've always been a worrier. I still have some trouble connecting to an extent but it's a work in progress. However, being very concerned about animals came more naturally than being concerned about humans. I know if it's inferior, it would be harder to challenge the fe but everyone has thinking as well as feeling functions so, just keep practicing but don't make yourself fe too much.

How can i understand my Fe ? If im 100% more extreme than that ... I sealed my soul and i throw the key so nobody can actually find it.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How can i understand my Fe ? If im 100% more extreme than that ... I sealed my soul and i throw the key so nobody can actually find it.

If someone has fe in their stack or at least main stack of 4, I think they have the potential to access it. If it isn't dominant, than it's the glue that's holding their stack together if it's the inferior. If it's not their first or second function though, it's more of a challenge to channel. Even having it as my second function, I have learned to better use it as I've gotten older but when I was younger, I had a lot of trouble controlling it. It's ever present but hard to turn off.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's the inferior, that means it's the opposite of one's primary. This is why one responds to it as if it is "the other." Its focus and interests and concerns are alien to a large degree... which also makes it a source of fascination. One tends to overreact / not grasp the positive at first in terms of where the inferior is coming from, it feels scary and oppressive. Also, since you do not prefer it, you are ill-adept at processing / working in its vein.

Fe provides a sense of one's responsibilities within the social fabric -- the connection between people, one's obligations. Ti logic is derived from natural observation of the world and speculation based on rational principles; the foundation of Fe depends on the culture you're part of, it's the social law, and the specifics can change depending on one's environment. But with Ti being all about independent observation, Fe is like the holistic communal sense. It's why Ti bristles underneath it -- why should a group consensus override one's own rational thinking? Why should anything be obligated to anything else if we are all primarily individuals and our locus of responsibility and empowerment is individual? Fe can seem frightening because of the demands it makes that sometimes could inhibit autonomy and following one's own observations, it imposes certain rules. Also, Ti doesn't know what to do with emotional responses except repress them / kill them. Intensity of feeling leads to the perception of loss of rationality.

I don't know how Fe doms exist straightaway in that world, but I learned more about how to apply Ti to better understand Fe and its legitimacy (in the Ti language) and that then freed me up to give more credence to the group dynamics as well as the legitimacy of individual emotional concerns and loyalties to others. You don't need to be frightened of it, the more you understand where it is coming from, what its concerns are, what it wants to accomplish and the good motivations under it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is your experience with developing Fe or having Fe become more important/noticeable in your life?

If someone has fe in their stack or at least main stack of 4, I think they have the potential to access it. If it isn't dominant, than it's the glue that's holding their stack together if it's the inferior. If it's not their first or second function though, it's more of a challenge to channel. Even having it as my second function, I have learned to better use it as I've gotten older but when I was younger, I had a lot of trouble controlling it. It's ever present but hard to turn off.

What is Fe, to begin with?

I'm not INTP, but if it's something like [MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] described, then my 'Fe' developed out of necessity, as a skill. Began somewhere around high school or so.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Fe scary. Not good, stay away! :hexer:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The more you use Fe, the more your soul has been claimed and no longer yours.

USER BEWARE

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

USER BEWARE

What about those so-called Fe cult leaders and emotional vampires?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool

USER BEWARE

Yeah , i imagine a world without Fe .... A lot of trump out there without any sense of justice , Who cares anyway ? Let's keep thinking that our little world is better than the rest :).

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Having my inferior Fe develop has been a great thing in my life. More confidence, better friends, more ability to have fun, satisfaction from being able to show people my funny side, better life situation due to having the confidence to put myself out there and achieve things, and a better understanding of my own needs. It was hell getting there because I basically had to force myself to become more Fe-ish to survive in the working world. But I think if it's happening, let it happen.

Fubarus Rex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

USER BEWARE

Are you sure about that?

Seems more likely to me that Fe *IS* your soul ..... but maybe that should be a separate thread.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To Fe or not to Fe...that is the question.

*dies dramatically*

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I think that I have a fairly healthy Fe for someone of my type, honestly, more healthy than a lot of "F" types I know who use it in extreme abundance without understanding.

I guess I would say that I do understand it but it is not a priority.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do things for people, then notice the reaction, and try to sort of "grasp" that feeling. Imagine why they might feel that way. Then, you actually see what is meant by taking on other people's feelings as your own.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that I have a fairly healthy Fe for someone of my type, honestly, more healthy than a lot of "F" types I know who use it in extreme abundance without understanding.

I guess I would say that I do understand it but it is not a priority.
Is that really Fe, though, or are you emulating it using your preferred functions?

raskol

Do things for people, then notice the reaction, and try to sort of "grasp" that feeling. Imagine why they might feel that way. Then, you actually see what is meant by taking on other people's feelings as your own.
That's Ne/Si, though. Gauging what others want and internalizing the experience for future use. For it to be Fe, you have to ground the outlook from a collective vantage point.