User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Developing Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp

Default Developing Fe

What is your experience with developing Fe or having Fe become more important/noticeable in your life?
    Do not assume.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4W5

I am FI orientated. Can't answer that. Curious about what inspired that question?
    Meh, be who you want to be and I'll be who I want to be. No point in fighting over petty transgressions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Novella View Post
    Curious about what inspired that question?
    inferior Fe that is now rearing its head
    Do not assume.

Necromancing Scapelamb Froody Blue Gem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    No Se

Well, being fe auxiliary but waffling to the point where I sometimes think it might be lower in my stack (it's certainly not inferior though nor could it be) I may give a bit of my two cents. I would say fe can be developed by trying to put yourself in the shoes of other people but if this instinct comes naturally, try not to get it out of control. Out of control fe can be a pretty scary thing. Kind of try to balance the logic with the human element/the trying to blend into the environment via emotions. Or it doesn't always exclusively involve humans but certainly does shape how one views the world, and can have a chameleonic affect when too strong.

With me, I have had trouble connecting with people when I was younger and understanding them didn't always come naturally to me but I've always been a worrier. I still have some trouble connecting to an extent but it's a work in progress. However, being very concerned about animals came more naturally than being concerned about humans. I know if it's inferior, it would be harder to challenge the fe but everyone has thinking as well as feeling functions so, just keep practicing but don't make yourself fe too much.

9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so|LEFV| RcoAI|Phlegmatic-Melancholic| Neurotype: Fascinator Primary| Newtype Secondary|

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=froody+blue+gem Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=Froody+Blue+Gem|

Time is an illusion that helps things make sense, So we are always living in the present tense
    It seems unforgiving when a good thing ends
    But you and I will always be back then

#JusticeforJeb_ | High Inquisitor of Council of Water Sheep + Water Sheep's Woolmommy

MBTI
    Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    Well, being fe auxiliary but waffling to the point where I sometimes think it might be lower in my stack (it's certainly not inferior though nor could it be) I may give a bit of my two cents. I would say fe can be developed by trying to put yourself in the shoes of other people but if this instinct comes naturally, try not to get it out of control. Out of control fe can be a pretty scary thing. Kind of try to balance the logic with the human element/the trying to blend into the environment via emotions. Or it doesn't always exclusively involve humans but certainly does shape how one views the world, and can have a chameleonic affect when too strong.

With me, I have had trouble connecting with people when I was younger and understanding them didn't always come naturally to me but I've always been a worrier. I still have some trouble connecting to an extent but it's a work in progress. However, being very concerned about animals came more naturally than being concerned about humans. I know if it's inferior, it would be harder to challenge the fe but everyone has thinking as well as feeling functions so, just keep practicing but don't make yourself fe too much.
    How can i understand my Fe ? If im 100% more extreme than that ... I sealed my soul and i throw the key so nobody can actually find it.

Necromancing Scapelamb Froody Blue Gem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    No Se

Quote Originally Posted by Non_xsense View Post
    How can i understand my Fe ? If im 100% more extreme than that ... I sealed my soul and i throw the key so nobody can actually find it.
    If someone has fe in their stack or at least main stack of 4, I think they have the potential to access it. If it isn't dominant, than it's the glue that's holding their stack together if it's the inferior. If it's not their first or second function though, it's more of a challenge to channel. Even having it as my second function, I have learned to better use it as I've gotten older but when I was younger, I had a lot of trouble controlling it. It's ever present but hard to turn off.

9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so|LEFV| RcoAI|Phlegmatic-Melancholic| Neurotype: Fascinator Primary| Newtype Secondary|

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=froody+blue+gem Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=Froody+Blue+Gem|

Time is an illusion that helps things make sense, So we are always living in the present tense
    It seems unforgiving when a good thing ends
    But you and I will always be back then

#JusticeforJeb_ | High Inquisitor of Council of Water Sheep + Water Sheep's Woolmommy

MBTI
    BELF
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If it's the inferior, that means it's the opposite of one's primary. This is why one responds to it as if it is "the other." Its focus and interests and concerns are alien to a large degree... which also makes it a source of fascination. One tends to overreact / not grasp the positive at first in terms of where the inferior is coming from, it feels scary and oppressive. Also, since you do not prefer it, you are ill-adept at processing / working in its vein.

Fe provides a sense of one's responsibilities within the social fabric -- the connection between people, one's obligations. Ti logic is derived from natural observation of the world and speculation based on rational principles; the foundation of Fe depends on the culture you're part of, it's the social law, and the specifics can change depending on one's environment. But with Ti being all about independent observation, Fe is like the holistic communal sense. It's why Ti bristles underneath it -- why should a group consensus override one's own rational thinking? Why should anything be obligated to anything else if we are all primarily individuals and our locus of responsibility and empowerment is individual? Fe can seem frightening because of the demands it makes that sometimes could inhibit autonomy and following one's own observations, it imposes certain rules. Also, Ti doesn't know what to do with emotional responses except repress them / kill them. Intensity of feeling leads to the perception of loss of rationality.

I don't know how Fe doms exist straightaway in that world, but I learned more about how to apply Ti to better understand Fe and its legitimacy (in the Ti language) and that then freed me up to give more credence to the group dynamics as well as the legitimacy of individual emotional concerns and loyalties to others. You don't need to be frightened of it, the more you understand where it is coming from, what its concerns are, what it wants to accomplish and the good motivations under it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"
    "You can't take a picture of this, it's already gone." ~ "Six Feet Under"

MBTI
    GOOD
    Enneagram
    648 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Guitar Wankery View Post
    What is your experience with developing Fe or having Fe become more important/noticeable in your life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    If someone has fe in their stack or at least main stack of 4, I think they have the potential to access it. If it isn't dominant, than it's the glue that's holding their stack together if it's the inferior. If it's not their first or second function though, it's more of a challenge to channel. Even having it as my second function, I have learned to better use it as I've gotten older but when I was younger, I had a lot of trouble controlling it. It's ever present but hard to turn off.
    What is Fe, to begin with?

I'm not INTP, but if it's something like @Totenkindly described, then my 'Fe' developed out of necessity, as a skill. Began somewhere around high school or so.
    ⸻ you are the ocean's grey waves,
    destined to seek life beyond the shore, just out of reach
    Likes Froody Blue Gem liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Fe scary. Not good, stay away!

Likes I, Tonya liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

The more you use Fe, the more your soul has been claimed and no longer yours.

USER BEWARE
    Likes Cellmold liked this post