• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Developing Fe

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's Ne/Si, though. Gauging what others want and internalizing the experience for future use. For it to be Fe, you have to ground the outlook from a collective vantage point.

But it's not a matter of just internalizing the POV, or thinking about how you might hypothetically feel if that were you. It's actually feeling that. I mean, how can you have a collective vantage point if you're only dealing with one other person, anyway?

raskol

But it's not a matter of just internalizing the POV, or thinking about how you might hypothetically feel if that were you. It's actually feeling that. I mean, how can you have a collective vantage point if you're only dealing with one other person, anyway?
It's a thought process, so it doesn't necessitate actual interaction. The outlook is key: we (collective) as opposed to I (individual).

As an INTP, you're on the Ti/Fe axis (I think/we feel), while Fe is your least conscious function; in other words, activating Fe takes you outside of your comfort zone. What you described above, though, gauging what others want and internalizing the experience for future use (Ne/Si), is the equivalent of staying safely within your comfort zone.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's a thought process, so it doesn't necessitate actual interaction. The outlook is key: we (collective) as opposed to I (individual).

As an INTP, you're on the Ti/Fe axis (I think/we feel), while Fe is your least conscious function; in other words, activating Fe takes you outside of your comfort zone. What you described above, though, gauging what others want and internalizing the experience for future use (Ne/Si), is the equivalent of staying safely within your comfort zone.

It's new, though.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Is that really Fe, though, or are you emulating it using your preferred functions?

Why would you assume that?
(And to answer: Probably not. I could not falsify anything if I tried.)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would you assume that?
(And to answer: Probably not. I could not falsify anything if I tried.)
I don't assume anything, I ask. Fe is toward the bottom of the stack for both of us. I know when I do things that look like Fe, they are really just an emulation, so wondered if it worked that way for you also.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I don't assume anything, I ask. Fe is toward the bottom of the stack for both of us. I know when I do things that look like Fe, they are really just an emulation, so wondered if it worked that way for you also.

Hm. that's a fair question. I'm not offended by it I guess I just don't know how to tell if I am emulating or not.

It's also possible that I have learned out of necessity as everyone else in my family is Fi/Fe.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm. that's a fair question. I'm not offended by it I guess I just don't know how to tell if I am emulating or not.

It's also possible that I have learned out of necessity as everyone else in my family is Fi/Fe.
But see - for those of us who don't have Fe preference, we learn to cope with such situations by using the preferences/functions we do have in such a way that they give the desired result. That is why it can be hard to tell the two apart. I would start by asking why you act in Fe- like ways in specific situations. For me, it is nearly always because by doing so, I will have an easier time getting something done that is important to me. That is nothing more than Te (effectiveness/efficiency) in the service of personal goals/values (Ni/Fi), with some systematized (Te) observations (Se) thrown in to support it.