• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] how generous are you with your knowledge?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think that idea of seeking equal relationships with others is a good one, substitute. Perhaps that would be where the majority of people feel comfortable in sharing knowledge. There is a deal of sensitivity about oneupmanship in our society.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah. I'm pig sick of being accused of it when it was the furthest thing from my mind. Yeah I do it, but when I do it I know I'm doing it and it's with a smile and tongue in cheek, I'm not being an asshole - making fun of myself more like, when I do it. Really hate it when I get accused of it when I'm just trying to be useful.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How likley are you to sit down and explain or teach?
I don't mind when folk keep up but I hate having to repeat myself or describe the same thing in 5 different ways.
Are there certain parts of your knowledge that you gaurd from others?

The profitable parts. Other people's ignorance is how I make a living.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i will only share what i know with those who can do something constructive with it.
once that happens-yeah

but if its something like calculus or how to disappear completely.....i'm your huckleberry
although the ninja banish is more of a watch and learn tactic than a 101

T

ThatGirl

Who does knowledge belong to that we should decide who gets it and who doesn't?

Is knowledge personal?

If you express your knowledge have you somehow shown someone your soul? Like a tracking device of where you have been or where you are going?

Why hide knowledge?

How did you gain yours?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My generousity with knowledge creates a level of output that apparently exceeds demand.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
If someone asks for my help in explaining something, I'll very much oblige in most cases--because if you can teach it, you also better understand it yourself.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll share knowledge willingly with anyone who actually wants to listen, learn or take-on-board a new perspective than do something with it.

I will not waste my time trying to help or teach those who are not interested in helping themselves.

Mercurial

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w6
See a lot of NTs are stingy with their knowledge.I wonder what the motivation is?

I don't learn much when my mouth is open and enough people take "being generous with knowledge" as being a 'know-it-all' to quell wanting to share.

T

ThatGirl

I find it interesting that most of the responses classified the sharing of knowledge as "helping" someone.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If someone honestly is interested in knowing something I know well, I'm more than happy to tell them all about it, in as much detail as they can handle.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I find it interesting that most of the responses classified the sharing of knowledge as "helping" someone.

A friend of mine once put it to me this way: "When you are made aware of a problem, it is much easier to solve the problem than when you aren't aware or fail to acknowledge that there even is a problem."

I think that might be what the intent is for NTs.

That sharing knowledge assists in others becoming more aware of themselves. Or perhaps that sharing knowledge gives others more tools to solve problems.

What do you all think?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am the most generous person, when it comes to my knowlegde... guess why :D

Jon

MBTI Type
INTP
if someone is genuinely interested then i'll spend all day sharing knowledge. all day. knowledge transfer makes me happy.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See a lot of NTs are stingy with their knowledge.I wonder what the motivation is?

As an NT is it that you want to be seen as smart so you don't dish in fear of looking dumb?

Or if you are confident do you hold back in order to remain more knowledgeable than the rest?

Or is it that by sharing knowledge you don't have time for your own intelectual persuits?

Or simply that you don't care to share?

Never stingy with sharing insight etc. in fact to the contrary.. when sharing insight makes a difference it is immensely rewarding... adds to the human 'feeling'. Ego.. meh.. don't see any point in deriving anything from withholding knowledge etc

Give/share info/insight whenever compelled to by reasons based in principles. Learn/teach whenever I can (there are no bad students only bad teachers!). Feeling inadequate in terms of knowledge has only one negative side to it which surfaces when I fail to find ppl I can refer to... the web has been a great help.

I wonder how much NTs know that never manifests itself.
'Discovered' my stash of plans and notes related to designs & models but they weren't not shared.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

I think that's what a lot of NTs feel like they have to offer. We're not going to bake you a casserole or write you a fuzzy letter. But if we know how to do something or know a lot about a subject, we like to share that knowledge as a way of connecting and helping others. It does feel like a form of service.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Who does knowledge belong to that we should decide who gets it and who doesn't?

All things belong to God, and men are stewards who are to dispose of all things in a manner which brings glory to God.

Is knowledge personal?

Is it possible for something that's not a person to know something?

If you express your knowledge have you somehow shown someone your soul? Like a tracking device of where you have been or where you are going?

What a being does necessarily reveals what that being is. Rational souls make themselves known by expressing concepts, judgements, and arguments. If one were to display knowledge, then it would necessarily reveal something about his soul, but a display of ignorace is also revelatory.

Why hide knowledge?

Some people don't want to know, and the attempt to force them to learn will only harden their resolve to remain ignorant.

How did you gain yours?

How do you know that I know anything?

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
All things belong to God, and men are stewards who are to dispose of all things in a manner which brings glory to God.

Is it possible for something that's not a person to know something?

What a being does necessarily reveals what that being is. Rational souls make themselves known by expressing concepts, judgements, and arguments. If one were to display knowledge, then it would necessarily reveal something about his soul, but a display of ignorace is also revelatory.

Some people don't want to know, and the attempt to force them to learn will only harden their resolve to remain ignorant.

How do you know that I know anything?

Man, not one thing in that entire post made sense to me. Can I find "the glory of god" in newborn twins conjoined at the skull?...is it the gleam in their eyes? Ignorant people are dangerous...and I'm not obligated spirtually to supply matches. If God wanted them to be intelligent...should have given them smarter parents. Doesnt "he" control the universe.....how hard can it be?