• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What differentiates ENTPs and ENFPs?

Metis

You're probably right! If you took a poll about who spends money on novelty socks, I bet ENFPs spend the most of anyone.

[MENTION=30122]Lord Lavender[/MENTION], let's put this matter to rest, once and for all. Do you or do you not have purple unicorn-themed or cat-themed novelty socks? Now we'll know your type for sure.

We need witnesses for this:
[MENTION=31527]DulcetRefrain[/MENTION], [MENTION=30038]The Grey Wizard[/MENTION]

What about you, [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION]? Novelty socks for you?

[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] might be interested in whether this method works.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION]? Novelty socks for you?

The answer is in the question:
(S) ess (O) oh (C) cee (K) kay (S) ess = eso sí que es = That's right! (spanish)

Metis

The answer is in the question:
(S) ess (O) oh (C) cee (K) kay (S) ess = eso sí que es = That's right! (spanish)

:yesss:

I knew it.

Thank you for the language lesson!!! Now I'm going to go around spelling "socks" to people.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're probably right! If you took a poll about who spends money on novelty socks, I bet ENFPs spend the most of anyone.

[MENTION=30122]Lord Lavender[/MENTION], let's put this matter to rest, once and for all. Do you or do you not have purple unicorn-themed or cat-themed novelty socks? Now we'll know your type for sure.

[MENTION=31527]DulcetRefrain[/MENTION], [MENTION=30038]The Grey Wizard[/MENTION]

[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] might be interested in whether this method works.

My little sister is an enfp. ^^ She isnt a cutesy bubbly enfp, but she does like novelty socks. I think I like them a little more though hehe. I dont know if [MENTION=30122]Lord Lavender[/MENTION] has novelty socks, but he does have some sharp style :newwink:

Metis

My little sister is an enfp. ^^ She isnt a cutesy bubbly enfp, but she does like novelty socks. I think I like them a little more though hehe. I dont know if [MENTION=30122]Lord Lavender[/MENTION] has novelty socks, but he does have some sharp style :newwink:

Eso sí que es.

:hug:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Sadly I do not have any novelty socks. I do have some cute pyjamas though :wubbie:.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sadly I do not have any novelty socks. I do have some cute pyjamas though :wubbie:.

Wait, [MENTION=28337]Metis[/MENTION], is this a thing?? Haha cuz...I do actually own some pairs. Mostly for when professional attire isn't required of me during the work week. It's like the color inside me is just anxious to come out once Friday cones :D

Wait, [MENTION=28337]Metis[/MENTION], is this a thing?? Haha cuz...I do actually own some pairs. Mostly for when professional attire isn't required of me during the work week. It's like the color inside me is just anxious to come out once Friday cones :D

0gfGv1I.jpg

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a guy who comes into the coffee shop every now and then and I think of him as crazy-pants guy. I now have a running dialogue with him and always tease him/ ask him when he's going to wear his crazy pants. He apparently has a big collection of them. ENFP he is! Sold.

On a serious note, how can anyone mistake the Ti scalpel for an ENFP?

Starry

Why are people talking about ENFPs without me? Surely you all want expert input amiright?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Ohhh no no no Pops, this is just so tasteless, unless...there were bananas all over the ensemble, then that’d be a different story entirely.

But seriously though, let’s suggest instead, a fitted, one button dark blue blazer with pockets that have a solid orange liner inside that just peeks through a little bit on the outside with a thin stripe of orange going across. The pants, skinny fit of course. The blazer would be lined with this fantastic print all on the inside. Now, that tie. Let’s do an angled-striped teal blue tie with a subtle sheen, with a platinum plated, single pineapple tie clip to hint at what’s inside.

Get this ensemble tailor made for my tall and thin frame, then I could sell any design proposal, even a giant Pineapple under the sea!.. [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION] :newwink:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why are people talking about ENFPs without me?
Perhaps because you haven't posted in the thread yet?

But seriously though, let’s suggest instead, a fitted, one button dark blue blazer with pockets that have a solid orange liner inside that just peeks through a little bit on the outside with a thin stripe of orange going across. The pants, skinny fit of course. The blazer would be lined with this fantastic print all on the inside. Now, that tie. Let’s do an angled-striped teal blue tie with a subtle sheen, with a platinum plated, single pineapple tie clip to hint at what’s inside.

Get this ensemble tailor made for my tall and thin frame, then I could sell any design proposal, even a giant Pineapple under the sea!.. [MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION] :newwink:
Sounds like you are outfitting Captain Kangaroo, not someone attempting to represent a legitimate and successful business.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As an ENFP, I can confirm that you can never go wrong with fuzzy socks.

Though, at least I can usually tell the difference between the two. I was raised by a Ti-dom so it's usually easy for me to tell when someone is using Ti instead of Fi. Interestingly, both my parents dominant functions are functions that i think are relatively easy to spot.

Metis

Ok, but you admitted you were sad about it. Were you just saying that to be polite, like a well-meaning ENTP, or are you really sad about it?

Wait, Metis, is this a thing?? Haha cuz...I do actually own some pairs. Mostly for when professional attire isn't required of me during the work week. It's like the color inside me is just anxious to come out once Friday cones :D

Yeah, it is a thing. It's a pair of things, in fact--unless you're so avant garde that you've taken to wearing only a single, solitary sock.

Hmm.

There's a guy who comes into the coffee shop every now and then and I think of him as crazy-pants guy. I now have a running dialogue with him and always tease him/ ask him when he's going to wear his crazy pants. He apparently has a big collection of them. ENFP he is! Sold.

On a serious note, how can anyone mistake the Ti scalpel for an ENFP?

Good question. Except I don't feel very scalpelly. The only reason I know I'm not an ENFP is that... I'm not. Same way I know I don't have any novelty socks. I just don't.

See? Not scalpelly. Just observant. :)

Why are people talking about ENFPs without me? Surely you all want expert input amiright?

urright. Please remove your shoes and report for sock inspection.

Ohhh no no no Pops, this is just so tasteless, unless...there were bananas all over the ensemble, then that’d be a different story entirely.

Get this ensemble tailor made for my tall and thin frame, then I could sell any design proposal, even a giant Pineapple under the sea!.. @<a href="https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/29687.html" target="_blank">Frosty</a> :newwink:

I like the orange liner and maybe the tie. Not the fantastic print or the pineapple tie clip, though, unless you work for a pineapple company.

Look at Tina Turner's jacket liner for reference. (The leather jacket, not the denim one.) I'm not a fan of the fringe on the sleeves of that jacket, but the orange (red?) lining is an interesting detail.

I must remind everyone that [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] is the inventor of the Sock Method of differentiating ENFPs from ENTPs. I don't want to take credit for someone else's ingenious insight.

I have absolutely no novelty socks, and I'm very happy about it. I don't think it's a good use of my money. I'd rather buy a pair of earrings if I want to make a fashion statement. They're more visible. It's a better investment.

The only reason to buy a pair of novelty socks would be if they actually did something beneficial that other socks couldn't do. For example, if they had rubber soles and I needed the traction for some reason.

I've noticed that some ENFPs I know love collecting novel doodads, like gnome-shaped salt-and-pepper shakers, and coasters with unnecessary but, I guess, nifty anatomical designs on them--brains and femurs and things like that.

I've known ENTPs to be nifty doodad collectors as well, to some extent, but not to the extent that I've seen with ENFPs.

Metis

As an ENFP, I can confirm that you can never go wrong with fuzzy socks.

Though, at least I can usually tell the difference between the two. I was raised by a Ti-dom so it's usually easy for me to tell when someone is using Ti instead of Fi. Interestingly, both my parents dominant functions are functions that i think are relatively easy to spot.

What would be an example of that irl that would tell you, "Oh, this is totally an ENFP, not an ENTP"?

Permabanned
I must remind everyone that @phobik is the inventor of the Sock Method of differentiating ENFPs from ENTPs. I don't want to take credit for someone else's ingenious insight.

I have absolutely no novelty socks, and I'm very happy about it. I don't think it's a good use of my money. I'd rather buy a pair of earrings if I want to make a fashion statement. They're more visible. It's a better investment.

The only reason to buy a pair of novelty socks would be if they actually did something beneficial that other socks couldn't do. For example, if they had rubber soles and I needed the traction for some reason.

I've noticed that some ENFPs I know love collecting novel doodads, like gnome-shaped salt-and-pepper shakers, and coasters with unnecessary but, I guess, nifty anatomical designs on them--brains and femurs and things like that.

I've known ENTPs to be nifty doodad collectors as well, to some extent, but not to the extent that I've seen with ENFPs.

I'm afraid I have some bad news.