• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What differentiates ENTPs and ENFPs?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cuz they're cute? XD
That is not a point in their favor. Plus the fabric is usually uncomfortable. They make my feet sweat, but don't keep them warm. They look silly and stand out, in the absolutely wrong way.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
does that say "chillin" on them?

Yes. The llamas are sort of frightening though if you stare at them too long. Kinda glare-y. But the chilling thing is cool ‘insert pun with the word ‘frosty’ in it.

Metis

e053ecf26a392e1586c703609acd5b35--wool-socks-knee-highs.jpg

^whoops that picture is actually very little or smaller than what I thought but I actually taught myself how to knit and crochet just so I could make myself wool socks like these. socks :wubbie:

Those are actually pretty. And they look like they could be nice, warm, and comfy on a camping trip or a chilly winter's day. That's cool that you know how to make them.

Regarding your question it's not a big sadness more like hmm not having a video game or book you really want. I'd happily wear novelty socks and I do think both ENxPs like novelty stuff.

Try decorating your plain socks by rubber cementing macaroni to them. Not machine washable.

Perhaps that is a difference: ENTPs actually expect their nifty doodads to be useful for something. ENFPs care only if they are fun.

I own neither novelty socks nor earrings, which I suppose just shows I am none of the above.

Exactly. ENFPs go for cosmetic niftiness that adds nothing to the utility of an object and sometimes impedes it.

I will admit. I have a little doodad that, when set in a shallow dish of water, projects a planet onto the wall. I thought it was neat until I realized that in order to use it, I'd have to look at the planet projection and pay attention to it while it just sits there, flat and distorted, on the wall. Neat object in theory, but it would be more exciting just to look out a window. :laugh:

for some reason that description of an ENFP standing in a room is something I could mentally see myself with so perhaps that's a sign.... LOL

LOL

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I don't wear jewelry...and I'm not certain what "novelty socks" are. I do so much hiking and camping...socks are kinda serious business to me. The truth of it is I taught myself to knit socks because while a good pair of wool socks is super expensive these days...a good ball of wool yarn is quite affordable.

:rock::campfire:

Metis

I own neither novelty socks nor earrings, which I suppose just shows I am none of the above.

Wait, okay, you don't own earrings, but it's not like you don't ever decorate yourself in any way. You decorate yourself on here with avatars.

It shows your whimsical side. "Whimsical" side!

Metis

An ENTP and an ENFP walk into a bar. The ENFP does a facepalm :doh:, appears dazed for a second, and continues on his way. The ENTP says to the bar, "Oh! Excuse me," steps around the bar, and continues on her way.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ask them what they think about chakras?
ENTP will think that this is bullshit. aux Ti (rational -> only what is apply to logic)
ENFP will start to talk about meditations and stuff. ter Te (system -> knowledge sharing )

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to make a confession, I lied, I don't own any novelty socks. I just wanted a reason to spout off the "eso si que es" phrase. Back when I had to wear a suit to work a long time ago I wore obnoxious snow man socks with light up eyes that played "Here Comes Santa Clause" when you pressed their nose. I was just trying to irritate people, I'm not sure that gets ENFP cred.

Metis

I have to make a confession, I lied, I don't own any novelty socks. I just wanted a reason to spout off the "eso si que es" phrase. Back when I had to wear a suit to work a long time ago I wore obnoxious snow man socks with light up eyes that played "Here Comes Santa Clause" when you pressed their nose. I was just trying to irritate people, I'm not sure that gets ENFP cred.

Were you reacting to the requirement to wear what you perceived as an imposition on your individuality?

An ENTP with a Santa obsession might do that, but the reason would be enthusiasm for Santa Claus, not to rebel against the uniform and irritate people.

ENTPs don't pay that much attention to their socks unless their feet are cold.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Were you reacting to the requirement to wear what you perceived as an imposition on your individuality?

An ENTP with a Santa obsession might do that, but the reason would be enthusiasm for Santa Claus, not to rebel against the uniform and irritate people.

ENTPs don't pay that much attention to their socks unless their feet are cold.

I'm going to have to do some soul searching here... Quizzically I hated both my job and also Christmas. It was both an act of rebellio:n and self-loathing. Probably not an ENTP, still. :D

Metis

I'm going to have to do some soul searching here... Quizzically I hated both my job and also Christmas. It was both an act of rebellio:n and self-loathing. Probably not an ENTP, still. :D

Were you trying to get fired?