• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Objectivity Scale

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
That's weird. I missed this post. And yet I immediately wrote about robots straight after. :shock:
Strange how robots come up when talking about NTs no? It's such a lovely parallel and yet also so completely wrong for what a robot would be..
Anyway...
Back to the grindstone...
I've said this already, but since you aren't going to read the thread, Mr Pretty Vacant, I'll say it again:
Objective <> correct.
You're right. Objective isn't correct. You mean disassociative, detached, sociopathic.. something like that?

:devil:
You can be objectively wrong.
If all INTPs agreed on a definition, that would make us all equally brilliant. Some of us are more INTP than others. :newwink:[/quote]
I can but try to help those mired. I cannot do it for them.

I can however set an ENFJ on you and then take bets. :devil:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The way I was looking at it was from the point of view that objective is discovered where as subjective is more extrapolated. Hence objective is more directly linked to the object (okay it should be "the subject of whatever" but that's crossing object and subject over which tends to confuse). If I am considering a rock then I can consider what it means to me but that's making me the focus where as to consider the rock as a rock is more objective as it retains focus upon the rock itself.
I already knew that. :cheese:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Wow. Xander, you're operating with a completely different definition of objective here. The reason I put the def. in the OP was so people wouldn't think I referred to Jung-style objectivity.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. Xander, you're operating with a completely different definition of objective here. The reason I put the def. in the OP was so people wouldn't think I referred to Jung-style objectivity.

YAY! Jack's back. The thread is in safe hands.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Definitely.

For one I'm still arguing the point. If I was an INTJ then you'd just have been declared as wrong several posts back and I'd not have returned except to look at your posts with scorn :newwink:
thspitcoffee.gif

So true!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
For those not paying adequate attention (please don't see me later... I need a rest.. but do detain yourselves)

SomeFamousFreakinOP said:
Definitions of objective used are:

-not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion
Oh you mean like the usual definition of objective where it's not mired in personal feelings and being warped through someone's own psychosis... like INTPs who don't want people to DO something with their concept in case it gets irrevocably altered.

SomeFamousFreakinOP said:
-expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations
So that would be not being entirely self referential and not thinking that everyone does or should think the same way you do... great. How's that INTP again?

I'm afraid I still see no correlation between understanding that the world doesn't necessarily work the way you think it does and type.

If I were to chose one then out of those four... probably INTJ. Though if you check, with each refinement of definition I've chosen a different type.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
An agenda isn't an idea. It's a goal.
Yes. I realize that.
So the only way a person can be objective is if they don't have a goal?
You mean they just sit there having random thoughts with no purpose?
How do you know when you're done thinking?

How can you know if you're being objective unless you can also determine when you're not being objective?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
An agenda isn't an idea. It's a goal.
These are quite tightly constrained definitions..

Personally I would say that any concept not put into reality yet is an idea. Including plans, targets and goals.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I were to chose one then out of those four... probably INTJ. Though if you check, with each refinement of definition I've chosen a different type.
sheesh...these bloody INTJs - never make up their minds about anythin'...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes. I realize that.
The nurse brings your next dose.
How can you know if you're being objective unless you can also determine when you're not being objective?
#1 You get typed as an NT.
#2 You read the profile.
#3 You believe everyword but ignore the bit marked "weaknesses".

:D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are quite tightly constrained definitions..

Personally I would say that any concept not put into reality yet is an idea. Including plans, targets and goals.

You're just arguing the sake of arguing. I can dig that.

An agenda is not a concept. Buy a dictionary.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You're just arguing the sake of arguing. I can dig that.

An agenda is not a concept. Buy a dictionary.
Ooo appealing to a higher authority.... minus ten demerits.

NEXT!

:devil:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I mean is that the having of a goal must of necessity distort one's objectivity.
:hi: pleased to meet you. :)
my work is never done.
You have to be objective about it.