• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Objectivity Scale

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Good God no, I'd be fucked!

Number of things entertained? Per second? Me? Fuck!!

Thing is, I don't even think they're true...

Actually that should be another thing to put into it then - not just number of things entertained that are probably true vs number of things entertained, but also number of things subject believes to be true should enter the equation somewhere.

Cos like I say, I entertain shit all the time, some true, some total crap, some debatable. I have to say I've a pretty realistic estimation though of which is which. I mean geez, just cos someone's got an imagination, that doesn't mean they're deluded! Some people just like to play with ideas :cry:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Good God no, I'd be fucked!

Number of things entertained? Per second? Me? Fuck!!

That's not a very objective method of deciding which measurement to use :devil:

Good god this topic is fun. :wubbie:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah I already said subjectivity's my bag nowadays. But I mean, I'm objective about it. ENTP's are awesome like that. :smoke:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The dominant Thinking types are the most objective, and since Extroverts are directly interested in influencing the world around them, in which case their perceptions of the world must be somewhat correct for that to happen, the order would be:

ENTJ > INTP > ENTP > INTJ

or

Concerned with objective external measurements (Meters, Ounces) > Concerned with Internal Logic of a System > Concerned with theoretical possibilities of a situation > Concerned with future possibilities of a situation

I actually think ISTP's are the most objective, IME. Dunno how it works, but they always seem the least likely to get het up or personally involved, they're nearly always pretty even handed if arbitrating. ISTP's FTW.

I'd almost say that the Intuitive Function lowers one's objectivity. Sensors are concerned with what's obviously and objectively real while Intuitives acknowledge tentative or realistically shaky subjects such as mere possibilities.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The prime problem with that assessment is that it's wrong.

ENTJs aren't objective. They're very active in making things the way they think they should be, and seem to always take personal motivation into account when speaking or acting.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The prime problem with that assessment is that it's wrong.

ENTJs aren't objective. They're very active in making things the way they think they should be, and seem to always take personal motivation into account when speaking or acting.

and some of them smell badly, I have that ENTJ guy in university, who is really full of himself. But he smells like dead kitten :D

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
and some of them smell badly, I have that ENTJ guy in university, who is really full of himself. But he smells like dead kitten :D

HAHA I have he same exact problem - a hyperactive, overbearing, confident ENTJ who could use a dose or five of deoderant. See, I'm very objective. He's my friend, and yet I can still observe and proclaim the truth...about his funk.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Agree with OP but who cares, I just wanna be floofy, sounds more fun than objective anyway.

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
I agree with the OP. Saying objectivity is a function of T is too broad. Objectivity, in its purest form, is a function of Introverted Thinking, hence TiNe and NeTi are the two most objective rationals, in that order.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Definitions of objective used are:

-not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion

-expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations

Most Objective: INTP...ENTP...INTJ...ENTJ: Least Objective

I'm confident in this assertion as it pertains to "the typical bearer of type," though I'm sure someone disagrees. As to its importance...Advantage could be gained in dealing with people of these types by way of adjusting initial trust. One who isn't as concerned with self-advancement or control as one is with remaining objective is less likely to deceive.

LOL this post is funny. :D How long are you going to pull our leg until you tell us that this is a joke? ;)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think I'd classify objectivity as out of the scale of MBTI. As it's only about processes and not how they are applied I'd be concerned about labelling any type as objective especially as it would be used to serve those who claim superior function from their type alone.

As an example, an INTP beliving themselves to be objective may take a stance which is radically different from others. Now this in and of itself is not a reason to evaluate objectivity. However their assertion becomes that they have come to this decision in an objective manner and are unsurprised that other's don't get it because they aren't as objective in terms of MBTI. This most often leads to the person defending their decision with gusto. Gusto = inclusion of emotion and tends to lead to subjective reasoning or subjective motivation (not that I can think of objective motivation).... in fact that's a good point, a truely objective person would not do anything. It requires subjectivity to declare things as important unless we are seprating the contructed environment within which the objective solution is designed.

I would say that it is my considered opinion that objectivity does not exist except within tightly defined and subjective parameters. Perhaps NTs are the best at defining these parameters and of the NTs INTPs have the greatest tendancy to define. So yeah, under those subjective parameters INTPs are the best at it... ENTPs, I'd imagine, would be the worst due to the tendancy to break their own parameters as needed (they are more flexible than a well oiled and superheated slinky)..

Ergo INTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's no joke. And I disagree with Xander here, in more ways than one. It's not related to type, yet you include your own scale? You've lost me!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's no joke. And I disagree with Xander here, in more ways than one. It's not related to type, yet you include your own scale? You've lost me!

+1
Objectivity has a number of different meanings which are often confused.

In this context, it isn't about preoccupation with object vs subject, which are Extravert/Introvert libido issues. It is about impersonality. Therefore, dominant Ts /inferior Fs are going to win on this front.

That gives us INTPs and ISTPs. Of these two, the ISTP preoccupation with the concrete precludes true objectivity.

INTP wins. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
The point was that objectivity cannot be determined upon an objective scale and therefore I used a specific subjective scale to build my conclusion.
+1
Objectivity has a number of different meanings which are often confused.

In this context, it isn't about preoccupation with object vs subject, which are Extravert/Introvert libido issues. It is about impersonality. Therefore, dominant Ts /inferior Fs are going to win on this front.

That gives us INTPs and ISTPs. Of these two, the ISTP preoccupation with the concrete precludes true objectivity.

INTP wins. :D
There's a flaw in that thinking. Ts tend to be less well developed at dealing with emotion and can let it creep in the backdoor undermining their objectivity. Also as Ss are concerned more with fact than with pattern it could be said that they are also more likely to be objective.

Like I said it's not type related. The most objective person would be someone who is able to see the most points of view and though ENTP is the most likely candidate they often let competition get in the way. I would conclude that the most likely "type" to be objective would be someone who had pretty much NO preference for one way of thinking over another. An XXXX. Good luck in finding one of those!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
To be sure, my scale wasn't based on theory, least of all function theory, but observation of people with the four types.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a flaw in that thinking. Ts tend to be less well developed at dealing with emotion and can let it creep in the backdoor

Don't agree. This only applies in personal matters - at which we tend to suck. If you are talking pure theoretical objective thought, we are unsurpassed.