User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Anybody else smart but suck at video games & team sports?

I was bad at team sports even in elementary school. I think people who are good at sports tend to also be good at video games. Now all the video games are made for sensors, except maybe a few puzzle games. They don't make video games for intuitors and highly intelligent people. I'm not good at doing simple things quickly. I'm not good at quick, accurate movements & reactions. I'm bad at spotting things visually. I tend not to notice some things. I like PUBG but my KD ratio in solo mode is only 0.34. In squad mode I only have 4 kills. I have people occasionally insulting me in squad mode. I might eventually have to quit PUBG. I heard in one youtube video that sensors have some sensing pathways in their brain that are faster than intuitors'.
    Likes Yuu liked this post

I wasnt too bad at video games growing up but the retrogames are a whole other thing to what most people think of as gaming nowadays, even the NES and SNES minis which most people consider truly classic or retro to me are distinctly modern, the PS2 was about as modern as I wanted things to get in some ways, the graphics could and should have improved, loading times, stuff like that but gameplay got totally messed up along the way.

The games I liked were for the home computing scene, maybe Commodore 64, Spectrum, Amiga, were available elsewhere but picking up the vibe online its as though they were restricted to the UK.

Team sports I didnt like at all, I either wasnt fit enough or skilled enough at the sports which were team sports, football was awful (soccer you'd probably call it), we didnt do much else besides but I didnt like dodge ball when we did play it, which was maybe twice, I liked relay racing but we didnt do it much and I think it would have been much better if we'd had some sort of aerobic fitness or fitness suite that people could work out in by themselves instead.

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

What.
    You're gonna pis people off with this one.
    Sensors are not simple and unintelligent.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Let's wait for @Yama lol

johari
    nohari
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Yama liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Wat in the world.

I am completely awful at sports and have pretty much no physical strength/coordination (I have EDS, hypotonia, and femoral anteversion) nor have I ever found sports to ever be interesting.

Although I am pretty good at video games, because I've played them my whole life. I'm not really a fan of multi-player games though, or shooters, I suck at those. I prefer single player open world RPGs where I can completely customize my own character and come up with my own backstory and get thoroughly immersed. One of my other favorite games is also Fire Emblem, which is a turn by turn strategy game.

It's not S/N related, it's practice and experience related. Anyone could be good at anything with the right exposure.
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond, chickpea liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Video games were made for sensors? Do you see on the back of any video game saying MBTI certified? Or this fulfills the regulations and rules met by the MBTI community to deem this video game as sensor friendly (no sensors were harmed in the making of this game)?

I only play games with a 100% sensor preference

Fair trade:
    This video game hasn’t been used by any intuitives right?

MBTI
    INTJ

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Video games were made for sensors? Do you see on the back of any video game saying MBTI certified? Or this fulfills the regulations and rules met by the MBTI community to deem this video game as sensor friendly (no sensors were harmed in the making of this game)?

I only play games with a 100% sensor preference

Fair trade:
    This video game hasn’t been used by any intuitives right?

* imagines a type based rating system for games *

Grand Theft Auto Series: Rated ESTP
    Starcraft: Rated INTJ
    The Sims: Rated ISXJ
    Likes Ogata, Eryn Silverfrond, chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    285 so/sp

Seeing how gaming has so many subgenres, I would say that some genres cater to certain functions better than others. Traditional fighting games definitely cater to Se with the necessity of reaction time and Si with the need to recognize patterns and adapt (though that is arguably an Ni thing). Then there are your open world games that stimulate Ne and engage Fi. A lot of online multiplayer games strengthen Fe, which is good because the gameplay encourages Ti approaches.

Video gaming, whether you like it or not, is a diverse art form with an insane reach. The 1990s-esque oversimplification of video games is tired and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I came to the conclusion that video games are made for sensors because they generally just require fast, accurate, simple reactions based on using the senses. They don't require intuition, problem solving, deep understanding, or deep knowledge. RTS games require some extensive knowledge, but they too rely a lot on reacting quickly to things. From what I've learned it seems that sensors are geared towards doing non-intellectual things fast, and intuitors are geared towards taking their time and thinking about things. But NF's are illogical so they are pretty much useless for intellectual things or anything in general.
    Have you ever played a video game before?

And I guess it's inflation, but damn it's hard to value my two cents
    As a kid I was idolizing millionaires and all the presidents

- Left at London
    Likes Yama liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    * imagines a type based rating system for games *

Grand Theft Auto Series: Rated ESTP
    Starcraft: Rated INTJ
    The Sims: Rated ISXJ
    Typical mom to typical son conversation.

Honey! What did I tell you about playing ESTP games you know as the good noodle ISFJ you are. You know what’s right and wrong for you! Don’t ever disobey me ever again.

But moooommm

No buts. Or you’ll be more grounded than just your preference.
    Likes EcK liked this post