• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you answer your phone?

marmandahalf

Compulsively. Even if I'm avoiding the person who's calling. The ringing, man, the ringing...

And I'm ENTP.

And I hate talking on the phone, too. So idk why I do it.

But I don't listen to Voicemail. Ever.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
`

I know I'm starting to feel used because I have several friends that exchanged numbers, myspace
and email addresses and never initiated conversation or bothered to reply to anything and very few period that actually think I need somebody outside of work and other settings to actually do
stuff with.

Last edited:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Prefer text messages, unless I am in love with you. I will answer the phone most of the time. Hate long-winded voicemails

+1

I can't stand always being reachable. Don't have a landline and I rarely bring my cell with me when I'm socializing - but during my business hours, I compulsively text. I hate voice mails (unless I'm dating you) and I generally wait and listen to them like 2x per month. Drives folks insane, but I don't care.

Plus, I drop that damn thing so often that I'm without a phone 40% of the time.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I answer my cell phone most of the time, but generally only my girlfriend/close friends call it. In terms of the home phone, I almost never answer it.

On a related note, I despise talking on the phone to people whom I don't know very well.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an xsfp. (yea, still not sure.)

I answer my phone depending on my mood.
Some days I won't get away from my phone.
Other days whenever it rings I cringe and let them leave a message.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
my voice mail developped evolution and intelligent life forms in a rushless battle for limited memory ressources.
I believe that one day the overmind 'll try to initiate contact with its creator.
I won't answer of course, I never do.

maybe we all exist in somebody's voice mail?
dark matter and energy could be the phone charger's input for all we know.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I switch my phone on silent so I never have to answer it. I look at my missed calls and occasionally return some of them. If my cellphone runs out of batteries I tend to leave it that way for days.

I think I might be an ENTP.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
It depends on my mood. If I don't feel like talking, I'll usually unplug it.

And my voice mail stacks up so much! After it fills up, I'll usually just delete all of the messages at once. It's easier than going through them. I figure people will call back if it matters.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think this thread needs a third question:

If not . . . why not?

Because most people don't seem to understand what a telephone is for.

It's worth noting that if the other person is interested in talking about anything that warrants an hourlong conversation, I'm more than happy to talk. But that's not what happens.

93JC

I answer mine. After all, why have a phone in the first place if I don't use it? Do I make many calls? No. Do I receive many calls? No. But I answer it unless it's some weird number from another area code.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know this might be a bit of a surpirse but I don't really answer my phone that much despite my love of people and communication however, when I do answer BEWARE cos I talk for HOURS :D Anyone fancy givng me a ring?? HAHAHA

SpaghettiMonster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
To me, the phone is for emergencies. On a typical day, texts works just as well - sometimes better since I don't have to deal with being told to "write it all down".

I grew up in the Middle Ages (without an answering machine) so checking the voicemail never comes naturally.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I prefer texts, IM or talking in person to the phone.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I answer the phone if a)I can ID who it is before I pick it up and b)I want to talk to them. I never pick up numbers I can't identify, because it's usually the shithead bank calling to jerk me around with some new product or another.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I typically only answer the phone if I recognise the number or when I am expecting a call.

juggernaut

Permabanned
If I can find it and have remembered to turn the ringer (back) on. My phone is one of the major sources of sensotard moments for me. Not only do I have difficulty figuring out how and when to answer it, but I also have this really cool trick where I call a half dozen people without realizing I've done so. I usually find out right about the time I plug it in for the night and see the gazillion or so frantic texts from friends wondering whether I'm okay. (It's an iPhone and I'm an iDiot)

deleted
Do you answer your phone?

LOL. Yes I try to answer my phone if it's something important. Why wouldn't I answer my phone? What's the point of a phone if nobody calls you because you don't answer in the first place?

I really don't care if I recognize the phone number. It doesn't make the phone call less significant if I don't know who's calling.

L

Lasting_Pain

I turn off my phone in order for no one to call me. When it is on, I still never answer and I am usually not doing anything when it rings.