• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you answer your phone?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I think this thread needs a third question:

If not . . . why not?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
If not . . . why not?

I'm rarely competent when it comes to synchronous communication. I don't want to embarrass myself. I don't want to alienate the other person. Social anxiety symptoms etc.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm rarely competent when it comes to synchronous communication. I don't want to embarrass myself. I don't want to alienate the other person. Social anxiety symptoms etc.

I sort of understand what you mean. I'm not going to try and be an armchair psychologist and try and diagnose the extent, but, sometimes you have to force yourself a little bit in being proactive. I can't necessarily prescribe a course of action but I remember when I was younger I used to have the same issues.

Do you have any ENFP female friends (or Extraverts who are also feelers "Fi or Fe)?

I found that they were willing to provide me training wheels and wouldn't judge or make it feel more awkward than it already was.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

If not . . . why not?

Because I don't wanna and you can't make me.

Seriously though, it's mainly because I am pretty intensely private and like to choose the times that I engage with outsiders carefully. I don't mean private in that I don't like to disclose details about myself (if anything I'm a compulsive self-discloser), but private more in the hermit style. I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood where people drop by unannounced, for example.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

If not . . . why not?

Because I don't usually enjoy talking on the telephone because I have better things to do with my time, like read statistical data on the exit polls from elections from the past 4 elections? :huh:

really- I hate the telephone passionatly because people on the other end always want something from me :dry:

wolfy

awsm
I hate to answer the phone it's invasive. I prefer text or email.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, I answer, but I tend to keep it short and sweet ... or not so sweet if my interlocutor insists on a long, long phone chat, since I'll grab the quickest exit.
I don't really like text or e-mail much. Instant Messengers are a better bet.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Pfft, they might want me to do something boring of course.

Yeah, exactly. Plus, I admit that I only really feel like having converastions when I choose to. Doesn't matter who's on the other end of the line. Sometimes I look at the caller id and it turns out to be a person I really do need to talk to, but I still don't pick up the phone because I don't feel like talking at the moment.

Sarah

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you answer your phone?

Absolutely nooo.

And what type are you?

entp

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Lol, does anyone here answer their phone? Before I knew about MBTI, I thought that it was just me and my parents (INTJ/INTP) that didn't answer the phone. I was rather famous (or infamous) among my friends for this trait.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hehe. I own my handy now for like 2 years. Before that I havent had a handy. I got 250 SMS for free on the handy and around zero talking minutes :D.

I think this handy never rung nor did it vibrate, it's just like for 2 years on no noise :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
hehe. I own my handy now for like 2 years. Before that I havent had a handy. I got 250 SMS for free on the handy and around zero talking minutes :D.

I think this handy never rung nor did it vibrate, it's just like for 2 years on no noise :D

Ich auch!