• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you answer your phone?

MPP

MBTI Type
INTP
And what type are you? My burning questions this morning.

Do you answer your phone?

I very rarely answer my phone. If I know I'm expecting a call (husband calls every night at x o'clock while working a certain shift), I'll pick it up, but generally I let it ring. I don't even go listen to the answering machine. And I wont get call display, because I'm not interested in seeing who's calling. Plus I don't want to have to deal with "you saw it was me, why didn't you answer". :doh:

And what type are you?

INTJ

------------------------

I live with an introvert who answers the phone. Even when he knows he shouldn't (i.e., when he knows his dad is calling and it's going to be a Bad Call). To him a ringing phone must be answered (he's an SJ btw). To me a ringing phone must be silenced - (by setting answering machine to two rings, or turning the ringer off). While I think introversion plays a part in this, I think there are other factors at work.

I hate being interupted. H-a-t-e-i-t. That's what the phone is to me, an interuption. I know I'm not alone.
Introverts generally don't like answering the phone, preferring text, and usually leaving that for a few hours.