• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you answer your phone?

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YES

I almost always answer the phone, as I'm home doing many mundane chores that I wouldn't mind being interrupted or multi-tasked at the very least!

I won't answer during dinner or when socializing/hosting other people at my home.

I don't like call waiting, because I think it's rude to leave one person hanging to talk to the possibly "more important" person. I want to be respectful of who I'm talking to at the moment, unless it's a solicitor or something like that.

I'm also one of those people who leaves long, rambling messages that I hope are entertaining to the listener! ;)

My type is a scary-social ENFP, of course!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
You get two answers because my GF complains about me all the time...

No; type INTP

Yes; type INTJ

(I hate phones. A lot.)

curmudgeon

I don't like call waiting, because I think it's rude to leave one person hanging to talk to the possibly "more important" person. I want to be respectful of who I'm talking to at the moment, unless it's a solicitor or something like that.

Oh yes, I hate call waiting, too. When someone puts me on hold to take another call, I immediately hang up and don't answer when that sheepish person calls me back. On those rare times I am actually on the phone, that is. ;)

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate answering the phone I worked at a pizza delivery restaurant in college and it never quit ringing, henceforth I developed and extreme loathing for the sound. Funny I work in a call center now.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm also one of those people who leaves long, rambling messages that I hope are entertaining to the listener! ;)
I'm about to get some voicemail rage here. I hate when people do that, because it's often a pain to get their numbers if it didn't register, and I hate listening to the long, rambling messages over and over.

I wish people like you would send text messages instead, or use the pager feature! I love the pager feature.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm about to get some voicemail rage here. I hate when people do that, because it's often a pain to get their numbers if it didn't register, and I hate listening to the long, rambling messages over and over.

I wish people like you would send text messages instead, or use the pager feature! I love the pager feature.

Rage??

How can you lump me in with "people like you", when you've never experienced one of my messages?? I'm an NF, I would customize to you, & make my best attempt to entertain you despite your hangups! ;)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
what if the 'hang up' is "i don't want to be 'entertained' via voice mail"?

Last edited:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Rage??

How can you lump me in with "people like you", when you've never experienced one of my messages?? I'm an NF, I would customize to you, & make my best attempt to entertain you despite your hangups! ;)
Aww, how sweet. :blush:

I mean that I have endured many a long message from long-winded people that couldn't get to the point. Your comment seemed to indicate you did that.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
okay then, guess i was only talking about me.

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
With the house phone, I never pick it up. Ever. I don't look to see who it is.
With my cell phone, I at least check who it is. Depending on the day, mood etc. I may or may not pick it up.
I hate phones.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll hang up when I'm put on call waiting, too. The one person who does it knows now ... and doesn't do it.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't remember the last time I answered the home phone (I usually leave it unplugged). I will usually answer my mobile phone during business hours, but I don't answer it once i am home.

I am an INTP.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
We use an answering machine. Very few callers leave a message. We return the real calls at our leisure.

My spouse and I are both INTP.

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
I always answer my telephone, but I don't get rambling, intrusive or obnoxious social calls but rarely. I would screen if this idyllic state ever were to end.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother has call dropping and it's a free service. :)

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
What is call dropping? Like I said, I'm living in a fantasy world of only receiving reasonable phone calls. When the bottom drops out, I may want to know what call dropping is, if I am surmising correctly by what I think it means.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have call dropping too. It's this little button on the cradle of the phone, right where the earpiece goes. :) (Not sure if that's what Toonia means.) I don't use it much, though-- I'd rather prevent the call from taking place than have to use that feature mid-call.

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
Call dropping = hanging up?

But you can't hang up on people! They may have something to say! You're supposed to endure the conversation until such point you can barge in with claims you have to answer the door, at the very least.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Call dropping = hanging up?

But you can't hang up on people! They may have something to say! You're supposed to endure the conversation until such point you can barge in with claims you have to answer the door, at the very least.

I don't actually think I've ever hung up on anybody. It's nice knowing the little button is right there, though. :)

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll hang up on somebody for wasting my time, thankfully most people I know don't have phones.