• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What happens if you correct an INTP?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
unhealthy intp = cognitive dissonance + inferior Fe activate
healthy intp: ne is used, multiple possibilities taken into consideration, considers facts (tert Si) and experiences, etc

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are polite, and correct - they get smarter. If you are not polite, or haven't done your research, you get smarter.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you are polite, and correct - they get smarter. If you are not polite, or haven't done your research, you get smarter.
Results are highly contingent on whether the INTP is polite and correct.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Results are highly contingent on whether the INTP is polite and correct.
Human interaction is always an adventure, even if less often a pleasure.

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Right because they're terrified of anyone thinking they're anything less than aggressive, male and 100% correct, even for a second.

If only nobody indulged that kind of person... I've learned to shut them down as quickly as possible for the sake of our collective sanity, but I can't say the same for everyone else, even people of my type.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Most Liked Member is always right. The Most Liked Member gets to write history the way they desire. Just like the Kings of old.

hah, or like any madman with a pen and paper... =)

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm correcting my female INTP coworker, then I take great pleasure in doing so and we have a battle of the wits. Haha. She usually wins somehow.

If it's my INTP boss, I don't correct him. I usually speak to his ISFP assistant and we correct whatever it is behind his back (usually a spelling or factual error in correspondence). The reason is, if we correct him, he then becomes a little paranoid about everything, spinning out of control. And...we don't want that.