First 2345 Last

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

If you happen to be wrong, bad things. Very bad things. Very very bad things.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Tilt, xenaprincess liked this post

Socionics
    EIE Ni

I love tripping up INTPs on technicalities to see how far they will go to prove a point. It is the INTJs who I feel like I am going into the twilight zone with... a simple statement can turn into hours of analysis of nuances.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    I love tripping up INTPs on technicalities to see how far they will go to prove a point. It is the INTJs who I feel like I am going into the twilight zone with... a simple statement can turn into hours of analysis of nuances.
    And that is bad because ....

Likes Tilt liked this post

Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    And that is bad because ....

Ha... You guys make my poor brain hurt... One session can make me feel like, "What? I know that we drew some logical conclusions but how did we arrive there in the first place..? We just went through about 50 nuance changes. Your interpretation at certain points was completely different than mine and not what I expected. But if I ask for clarification and backtrack now, will this be another hour? And is it worth it?" Find it quite interesting but man, it can be mental gymnastics.

INTPs, after awhile, just seem to throw in a random comment here and there to change the mood. Lol.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Ha... You guys make my poor brain hurt... One session can make me feel like, "What? I know that we drew some logical conclusions but how did we arrive there in the first place..? We just went through about 50 nuance changes. Your interpretation at certain points was completely different than mine and not what I expected. But if I ask for clarification and backtrack now, will this be another hour? And is it worth it?" Find it quite interesting but man, it can be mental gymnastics.

I hate to spoil the mystery but that can be the method of how we get attention, or even flirt in some situations.

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

They melt

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Heart View Post
    I agree with you. However, not everyone does it for the same reasons. Sometimes they just want to be aggressive, even if they fail to discredit their target reasonably. In that context, discredit refers more to slander.
    Right because they're terrified of anyone thinking they're anything less than aggressive, male and 100% correct, even for a second.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Speaking only for myself, what you describe is a rare treat because most people don't have the interest or perhaps ability to keep up with such a conversation. So, when I run into someone who does, I take advantage of the opportunity. My ENTJ friend is great for this; also a couple INFJs I know.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

INTPs, after awhile, just seem to throw in a random comment here and there to change the mood. Lol.
    That's because we get bored after a while and want to move on to something else.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

If the correction is based upon facts, I will stop, accept it, learn, and gain respect from my teacher, (regardless of our social or cultural positions). If the correction appears to be an emotional or slanderous based one, other than being courteous, it is generally ignored unless heard from multiple uncoordinated sources. I don't mind having my spelling corrected and have made a couple of life long friends at the tail end of a technical challenge and argument.
    Last edited by Radio Bob; 01-12-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: punctuation correction