• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh, that sounds like a really lonely ENTJ :) Was he really, really ugly or something? You know, we normally play hard to get, I believe. Or if the situation's right (especially if drunk) we go straight at it and openly ask someone if they want to have a drink and maybe some intercourse later. If the answer is no, we don't waste time. :D

I've actually never met a female ENTJ and been able to identify her as such. Maybe once, but i'm yet not certain. It's a girl who goes to the same seminars as me. (We're both on a teacher's program at my university). I used to date an INTJ though, that was horrible. :D

Is it bad that I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not?:shock:

Why on earth would I be sarcastic, dear satelite chris? ;)

I could handle that, haha! Good organization you've got planned out.

As long as you don't try to steal my hoes. You'll get to manage shipping, if you're a nice ISTJ. :cheese:

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Heh, that sounds like a really lonely ENTJ :) Was he really, really ugly or something? You know, we normally play hard to get, I believe. Or if the situation's right (especially if drunk) we go straight at it and openly ask someone if they want to have a drink and maybe some intercourse later. If the answer is no, we don't waste time. :D

Actually, he was very handsome. He had women throwing themselves at him constantly. The girl he was dating while he was pursuing me was a runway model, even. :O What he told me was that he was tired of "stupid" girls, that this was the reason he was after me. maybe he was just wound up over the idea that he couldn't have everything he wanted. I don't know.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, he was very handsome. He had women throwing themselves at him constantly. The girl he was dating while he was pursuing me was a runway model, even. :O What he told me was that he was tired of "stupid" girls, that this was the reason he was after me. maybe he was just wound up over the idea that he couldn't have everything he wanted. I don't know.

Weird. I can't put myself in his shoes and still be a little like me. :shock:
Are you absolutely sure he was an ENTJ..? I've gotten the impression that most of us don't chase after impossible pie-in-the-sky things just because we can't achieve it. Sure it might sound like that, but most of us have highly concrete and realistic ambitions. But then again, ENFP's in general are quite tempting. And especially so if it's a smart one. I actually "chased" an ENFP girl when I was about 12-15. It was my first real love. And she was pretty stupid. Still really cool personality, though.

I ALWAYS do this. I talk myself to a conclusion :shock: When I started rambling on about it I didn't understand that guy at all, now I do ! :shock:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like ENTJs, as do some people, and I don't think they need to be more "likable"..it almost seems as if some people may think that they are inferior, and people always bring out their negative traits, and ignore their positive traits, which are a lot.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are you absolutely sure he was an ENTJ..? I've gotten the impression that most of us don't chase after impossible pie-in-the-sky things just because we can't achieve it. Sure it might sound like that, but most of us have highly concrete and realistic ambitions. But then again, ENFP's in general are quite tempting. And especially so if it's a smart one. I actually "chased" an ENFP girl when I was about 12-15. It was my first real love. And she was pretty stupid. Still really cool personality, though.

Well, we were friends. I just had issues with the way he was living his life, but I enjoyed him as a person. My mistake was telling him that - he told me it gave him the incentive to wear me down. Perhaps he saw it as a challenge. He said he liked that I told him no, because very few people did. Anyway, in no way was I trying to be a tease. I tried to be a straight shooter with him at all times.

I ALWAYS do this. I talk myself to a conclusion :shock: When I started rambling on about it I didn't understand that guy at all, now I do ! :shock:

LOL. Well, I'm glad you see it now. Although I'm sorry your first love was stupid. What was up with that mister?!

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I've actually never met a female ENTJ and been able to identify her as such.

I've had the pleasure of having an ENTJ girlfriend on two occasions. They were fairly prevalent in the military ... go figure. Both were a handful, to say the least ... but not in a bad way. They were definitely willing to take the lead in the relationship, which sometimes caused me some consternation ... as a typical INTP, I don't like being led.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, we were friends. I just had issues with the way he was living his life, but I enjoyed him as a person. My mistake was telling him that - he told me it gave him the incentive to wear me down. Perhaps he saw it as a challenge. He said he liked that I told him no, because very few people did. Anyway, in no way was I trying to be a tease. I tried to be a straight shooter with him at all times.

Good, teasing is bad. And only I get to do it. ^^

LOL. Well, I'm glad you see it now. Although I'm sorry your first love was stupid. What was up with that mister?!

Well, she was below average intelligence, so to speak :) But she was hot in just about every sense of the word. At least back then :D I'm talking about a one-in-a-million kind of looks, here. ^^

Heh, we're so much off-topic that it probably itches really bad in the moderators fingers to split the thread ^^

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had the pleasure of having an ENTJ girlfriend on two occasions. They were fairly prevalent in the military ... go figure. Both were a handful, to say the least ... but not in a bad way. They were definitely willing to take the lead in the relationship, which sometimes caused me some consternation ... as a typical INTP, I don't like being led.

Heh, I can understand that much. I hate being whipped, too.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ

A) depends what you consider impossible
B) bullshit, speak for yourself. Part of the beauty is in the chase. Even if the odds are way against you.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A) depends what you consider impossible
B) bullshit, speak for yourself. Part of the beauty is in the chase. Even if the odds are way against you.

Want ta hae' a goode auld fistfight about it, lad? :D Sorry, just listening to a stupid scottish song about some barfighter. ^^ Seriously, I got to the point where I agree with you during the time it took me to respond to LadyJaye! :nerd: I chased that girl back in my glory days for about three years! And it wasn't because of loneliness or something, I was a goodlooking kid, and about 50 chicks hit on me directly out in the open during that time. It makes me kinda sad, I could have used it to my advantage. A lot.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How do ENTJs become likeable and less threatening to others?

The same way anyone would become less threatening: by looking at what makes them threatening, and adjusting.

How do you view ENTJs?

They're cool folks. I like spending time with anyone who's intuitive and enjoys order and logic. I haven't been exposed to too many ENTJs, but my girlfriend is XNTJ.

What would you like to see more of from ENTJs?

Nipple.

What could you do without?

Your questions.
;)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What would you like to see more of from ENTJs?

Nipple.

nipple%20male.jpg

Just kidding, that's not my nipple. I have two of them, but I don't want to take pictures of 'em

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah. That was an ugly piercing, and if my chest wasn't as hairy as it is, it'd probably look a lot better. I'm not a pale scrawny guy. ^^

Usehername

On a mission
Her writing, her biography and the most equitable negative comments on the Amazon entry for her book point to an ESTP.

You've read her writing and bio?

I've gone through her entire blog (several days worth of reading) and wholeheartedly identify with the xNTJ female-who-knew-she-wanted-a-family mixed with experience-of-death-trauma-making-you-more-people-oriented-ness. That and she's posted on the fact that she's an ENTJ and seems familiar even with some of the nuances of the MBTI. I'm pretty sure if you read the exact link to the post I referenced, you'll see the Te dom.