• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] My Jediism is fading

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I've always preferred the Jedi and play as light side, but the Sith can fascinate. What I liked about TSL was the fact that it posits that Revan never "fell". Or if he did, it wasn't the normal Sith way we usually see. Instead of wanting to rule the galaxy, he wanted to save it.

Oh he fell alright Kreia was Revans master remember and she was the one who was defending his motives. Revan fell hugeley by turning all those Jedi away from the Jedi Order into Malachor where many were turned to violence and bloodlust against the mandalorians. He intentionally led the Jedi against the will and order of the Jedi. In the first one it was him who sought the Star Forge for its dark power, his and Malaks fall began there. He wanted Galactic rule just like any other Sith Lord, he was just a little more persuasive in his approach and that's how he led all those Jedi ultimateley to their deaths or to the dark side.

Also what's an MMORPG?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the things I perceived as the movies reached their end (and was brought out more strongly in the games) was that the Jedi actually weren't really that "good" in the sense that western civilization coins the term. I actually found the "Light" Jedi arrogant and self-righteous, elitist, whatever you want to call it, and too detached from humanity. Evil wasn't necessarily evil, and it did allow for passion. In the third movie, while it was still missing some nuance, I could see how Obi-Wan's (and especially that of the Council's) patronizing attitudes contributed directly to Anakin's fall. if they had been better, Anakin might not have strayed ultimately. The final battle was more like an insensitive father regretfully destroying a renegade child who never felt loved or respected.

What games did you play? I didn't play any movie-related ones.

Oh he fell alright Kreia was Revans master remember and she was the one who was defending his motives. Revan fell hugeley by turning all those Jedi away from the Jedi Order into Malachor where many were turned to violence and bloodlust against the mandalorians. He intentionally led the Jedi against the will and order of the Jedi. In the first one it was him who sought the Star Forge for its dark power, his and Malaks fall began there. He wanted Galactic rule just like any other Sith Lord, he was just a little more persuasive in his approach and that's how he led all those Jedi ultimateley to their deaths or to the dark side.

Not quite, that's one of the things that resonated with the prequels: the Jedi Order was arrogant and blind. Also Revan didn't fight a "scorched earth" war against the Republic, he left key planets alone. It was hinted that he was doing this to take control of the Republic against some threat from the Unknown Regions (where he left for after the 1st game). I assume this was going to be the third game: perhaps the true Sith :

Wookieepedia said:
Revan began a twenty-year campaign to end the "tyranny" of the Jedi council once and for all. The war, while bloody, was orchestrated to topple the Republic while doing little damage to its underlying industrial infrastructure. Under his leadership, Sith forces bypassed militarily vital planets that would be required for the defense of the galaxy against the threat of the "True Sith."
Revan's plan was to keep the Republic largely intact for the purposes of post-war rebuilding. He even took out a number of political figureheads, such as Yusanis of the Echani, Senator Mimas Yoon of Corellia and Lelin-Dor of Serroco.
As such, he could begin his rule with a relatively functional military and economy rather than starting from scratch. Also, had he failed in conquering the galaxy, he believed the end result would be much the same: a stronger Republic, more capable of defending itself.

Revan - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Also what's an MMORPG?

Crap.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Not quite, that's one of the things that resonated with the prequels: the Jedi Order was arrogant and blind. Also Revan didn't fight a "scorched earth" war against the Republic, he left key planets alone. It was hinted that he was doing this to take control of the Republic against some threat from the Unknown Regions (where he left for after the 1st game). I assume this was going to be the third game: perhaps the true Sith :

Revan - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Fair enough, can't argue with a bit of Wookiepedia. However Revan was still a sith Lord and was therefore alighned with the dark side. Why didn't he suggest his plan to the senate?

Their going to do THAT with the new KOTOR 3? Eh? Love to see how that's going to be remoteley as good.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fair enough, can't argue with a bit of Wookiepedia. However Revan was still a sith Lord and was therefore alighned with the dark side. Why didn't he suggest his plan to the senate?

Cause it'd still be in committee being discussed. ;)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The first KOTOR was a masterpiece

BastilaAvatar.jpg

The second one not so much.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bastila was hawt!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yup! Malak blatantly wanted to bone her! LOL!!

Stop pretending Rainman.

I know that you didn't care for Bastilla because she didn't have the hutt-booty.