• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Which INTJ Cognitive Function can endure more torture and abuse: Fi or Se ?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The question doesn't seem to make sense. You are the one who endures stuff; cognitive functions don't endure anything.

The situation with the perfume seems like it's about raw physical sensation, which is not the same thing as Se.

But it is true that physical situations can cause us to have an inferior flare up that Naomi Quenck calls "Beside Ourselves".
The tertiary can flare up too.

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
But it is true that physical situations can cause us to have an inferior flare up that Naomi Quenck calls "Beside Ourselves".
The tertiary can flare up too.

Interesting. I have her book and the INTJ inferior triggers listed are Dealing with details, Unexpected Events, and Excessive extraverting. I didn't interpret any of those as having anything in particular to do with physical situations.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I met my limit today.
One co-worker came in and the smell made it over to my cubicle 30 feet away.
So I went over to her and said, "By some cruel twist of nature, I can smell your perfume all the way at my desk."
Then I realized she had her fan on, so that's what propelled it.
She denied it was perfume and said it was hair product. I knew right then she was done trying.
I couldn't take it any more. I began fuming on the inside.
I wrote an email to my supervisor telling him that my co-workers, though they had tried to accommodate me, were unsuccessful and I just couldn't take the "torture" any more.
I "respectfully requested" to be moved someplace else.
Three and a half hours later, I asked him if he got my email and he said he forwarded it to his supervisor.
I'm terrified they'll move me to a different building.

So there. We have discovered how much sensory torture I can take.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting. I have her book and the INTJ inferior triggers listed are Dealing with details, Unexpected Events, and Excessive extraverting. I didn't interpret any of those as having anything in particular to do with physical situations.

You are right.
I got mixed up and misspoke.
All the different types can have flare ups and become "beside themselves" when they are over-tired or over-stressed.
Apparently how much of strong smells a person can stand doesn't have anything to do with cognitive functions, though I thought it did.