• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] HOW FUNCTIONS ACTUALLY WORK

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
After spending some time researching Jungs theory and taking the time to understand it, Im pretty sure I figured it out.

Ok so...

Ji = Introverted Feeling & Introverted Thinking
Je= Extroverted Feeling & Extroverted Thinking
Pe= Extroverted Intuition & Extroverted Sensing
Pi= Introverted Intuition & Introverted Sensing

For INTJ type the stack will look like this: (keep in mind the universe doesnt make lines from left to right or right to left, they start at a given point and spread in both directions (curved linear)).

Je + Pi + Pe + Ji -looks like this:

Te <--Ni + Fi--> Se (beginning point would be Ni than outwards to Te, then Fi outward to Se).
Fe <--Si + Ti--> Ne (shadow functions also firing off the same pattern but flipped (Si outward to Fe, then Ti outward to Ne))

Now imagine these divergent routes the electricity is traveling. From the center outward.
INTJ <---- center ----> ISFJ (INTJ looks like this)

Notice how the introverted functions(percieving) are in the center, extroverted(judging) on outsides, therefore both types are introverted.

Some other examples:

ENTJ <---- center ----> ESFJ

ENTP <---- center ----> ESFP

INTP <---- center ----> ISFP

And so on..

Summary: we are all bipolar. We are all universes. We are convergent/divergent, centripedal/centrifugal, and some of us are even godly :p

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't figure out the connection you are making between cognitive functions and direction/location.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see where it comes from either. Please don't make stuff up about typology and try to pass it off as fact

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WHY ARE WE SCREAMING

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I always thought that the older I got, the more I'd understand TypeC. However it seems that the more threads I read here, the more confused I get.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For INTJ type the stack will look like this: (keep in mind the universe doesnt make lines from left to right or right to left, they start at a given point and spread in both directions (curved linear)). Je + Pi + Pe + Ji -looks like this: Te Se (beginning point would be Ni than outwards to Te, then Fi outward to Se). Fe Ne (shadow functions also firing off the same pattern but flipped (Si outward to Fe, then Ti outward to Ne))

I like that illustration. We lean towards our tertiary since its in same direction as dom. Thats why its at the center. Basically Ni leads to Te and Fi to Se. The part missing is the loop...from Te back to Se. That completes the cycle. Cloclwise is the healthy direction...Ni leads to group thought to action and back to feeling judgement. Its a productive manner of INTJ. Not supression of Fi, just not leading by Fi.

Unhealthy is the counterclockwise...Ni triggers Fi which triggers action which triggers group thoughts...it completely disconnects from group which hits a negative view of group and causes an unhealthy loop and royally jacks Fi and Ni and causes further introversion and mad scientist.

Makes sense to me

Center creates paths...looking from dom forward and it hides paths.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
I like that illustration. We lean towards our tertiary since its in same direction as dom. Thats why its at the center. Basically Ni leads to Te and Fi to Se. The part missing is the loop...from Te back to Se. That completes the cycle. Cloclwise is the healthy direction...Ni leads to group thought to action and back to feeling judgement. Its a productive manner of INTJ. Not supression of Fi, just not leading by Fi.

Unhealthy is the counterclockwise...Ni triggers Fi which triggers action which triggers group thoughts...it completely disconnects from group which hits a negative view of group and causes an unhealthy loop and royally jacks Fi and Ni and causes further introversion and mad scientist.

Makes sense to me

Exactly. Its the only way that makes sense to me given my understanding of electricity/magnetism and the universe

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
I don't see where it comes from either. Please don't make stuff up about typology and try to pass it off as fact

I tried to explain it best I could. And i didnt "make something up", I formed this hypothesis after extensive study of Jungs work, the basis for mbti and big five.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt

Makes sense to me

And yes I omitted the loop part. It would look like this:

Te <--- Ni Se ---> Fi

Te -------->Se ---> Fi
Te <--- Ni <-------- Fi

Essentially creating a figure 8 type pattern.
More accurately described as an analemma due to the dominance of the first 2 functions.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried to explain it best I could. And i didnt "make something up", I formed this hypothesis after extensive study of Jungs work, the basis for mbti and big five.

Socionics disagrees with you.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Simple. Let's see. You are painter.
Ni -> sees picture in your mind
Ne -> sees picture in you mind but also see other possible pictures
Te -> transforms picture into reality
Ti -> analyzes picture
Fi -> sets values how does picture will impress society
Fe -> set values how does picture will effect to society
Se -> draws picture immediately
Si -> sets standards for picture and learns mistakes while drawing it

So...

INTROVERT mind -> reality
EXTROVERT mind <--> reality

Let's see how intellectual brains work... :)

INTJ -> I see -> I transform <--> I impress (but what if I can't impress? Ni-Fi loop horror BLACK HOLE! Don't ask me... :cry:) -> I do Efficiency 100% This is why INTJ really makes mistakes and they are right , the most of time! :bye:
ENTJ -> I transform <--> I recognize (backloop) THAT'S IT! -> Let's do! (but what if I can't do? -->EXTERMINATE!) <--> I impress(backloop) Efficiency 80%
INTP -> I analyze -> I see possibilities but wait? upps analyze analyze! aahhh good -> If I make mistake rewrite else back to begiin (over-analyzing loop) else continue -> Let's see my masterpiece! happy2: Efficiency 60%
ENTP -> I see but aslo I see other possibilities <--> I analyze each one and look the best! I just must check this and back... OK -> Let's see how my picture effect to other... <--> Oh my GOD! BACK BACK!!! I must rewrite mistakes and start again! God... WHY??? OR Umm...eveything as I see is here so It'S DONE! :D Efficiency 70%