• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] the morality of NTs

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there is a common NT view on morality. Fi and Fe have very different views on this matter. Fi is more concerned about right and wrong and Fe is more concerned about what "does the most good."

rav3n

Morality is subjective.

Some people trust me, others don't.

Yes, in that my version of subjective morality is consistent. It might not be the shining beacon of ethical, societally conditioned behaviour but it's consistently applied.

If you're a loved one, you can expect that I will back you to the wall at cost to self. You can also expect that my level of caring won't fluctuate unless your actions consistently tell me you don't care, value or respect me. You can expect generosity, intensity and devotion of time and surprisingly (ENTJ), emotion.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Morality is subjective.

Yes, in that my version of subjective morality is consistent. It might not be the shining beacon of ethical, societally conditioned behaviour but it's consistently applied.

If you're a loved one, you can expect that I will back you to the wall at cost to self. You can also expect that my level of caring won't fluctuate unless your actions consistently tell me you don't care, value or respect me. You can expect generosity, intensity and devotion of time and surprisingly (ENTJ), emotion.

agreed.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Morality is subjective.

Yeah. Pretty much.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to?

I consider much of morality to be relative. Oftentimes there is no clear right or wrong and what's right or wrong can vary between situations. That said, I treat people fairly and respect. I am honest and not the sort of person to step one someone's toes to get ahead. I wouldn't ever steal or kill except if I was starving and other options to obtain food failed or if I had to kill for self-defense or if I killed one person in order to save many in those hypothetical ethical scenarios.

Do people trust you?

Yes, I see no reason why people wouldn't trust me. I'm the type of person to keep my promises to others. On the rare occasion I break a promise, there will be a very good reason.

Do you consider yourself trustworthy?

Yes, very.

Dyoni

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

This can be a sore subject for me, since I am an atheist who lives in predominantly Mormon Utah. When I tell people I am an atheist, many tend to think I must have a very different lifestyle and set of morals than they do. It is quite frustrating and insulting.

Basically, I try to live in a way that doesn't harm anyone else. Also, I try to help those who I think society has oppressed, or has harmed in some way or another. I try to do volunteer work for causes that I feel passionately about, mostly things that benefit the homeless, equal rights for the LGBT community, and various animal rights causes. Vegetarianism also fits into what I would consider my view of 'morality.'

I have a difficult time trusting the morals of people who belong to a religion and behave a certain way toward others because they are trying to avoid the negative consequences that their religion has claimed will happen if they fail to follow those morals. I tend to think I am a more 'moral' person, since I try to treat others fairly because I think it is the right thing to do, not because I fear an imaginary consequence in an afterlife. I realize that is a very pretentious view of things, however, and I would rarely tell someone that in person.

Do people trust you?

Yes and no. I don't have a lot of people who are close to me, but those who I've deemed worthy of my loyalty know that I would practically do anything for them. For anyone else, I would treat them in a way that was fair and appropriate given the situation. I follow rules and laws that I consider logical and just, and disregard the others completely. I'm great at finding loopholes and explaining my way out of things that I am not willing to do.

Well, yes. If I say I'm going to do something, I will do it. Some rules I will not follow, though, even if I know I am expected to. This has been a problem before in a few jobs. I've had managers who were very inept and ineffective, and I had difficulty doing anything that they told me to do. I would usually just do things my own way, and eventually the manager just becomes tired of reprimanding me, realizes that I work hard and efficiently, and leaves me to do things however I deem fit. On the other hand, if a manager actually wins my respect, I will trust them and do as they tell me, and work much harder for them.

As far as romantic relationships, I'm very trustworthy in that sense. However, as soon as it is obvious that a relationship isn't rewarding for me anymore, I will abandon it without a second thought. This requires a very extreme fuck-up from my significant other, though.

Here is a basic summary of my morality: I may not be a nice guy, but I'm not a scumbag either.

Dealing with me you usually get what you deserve (good or bad)

Yeah, pretty much. That's my TL;DR version.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I may not have many (or any) morals, but the few I have I stick to for the most part.

None, but I do expect people not to be hypocrites about their morals and others, which could make me a hypocrite...hmm...

Do people trust you?

I have more trust issues with others than others do with me, which is why I have very few friends for the most part. People seem to trust me for the most part, since I tell them up front, 'I'm a bitch, I'm most likely going to offend you if you think me calling TLC the Dwarf Channel was offensive, there's a lot worse I can think of'.

Yes, what I say for the most part is truth (unless I feel like blatantly lying just for shits and giggles). I will say I won't follow this rule because of 'insert logical explanation', I'll try, but I probably won't, but I will get the job done the best I can, unless there is some conflict involved, but that gets complicated.

It happened last night when I left my brother at some school party. It was the last day I was going to see my friends before they went back to college, and my mom wanted me to stay at his 'party' and pretend I'm his fucking parent and have fun there. I wanted nothing to do with people except my friends, and we made plans a week before, and she just threw them out the window, so I said 'fuck it' and left him there.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I like to keep my moral code flexible. Just in case.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

We all work together generously. I frown on negative and hateful words or actions, but harmless pranks or jokes are good still. People should be free to live free and learn from their mistakes without being burned at the stake. Rules are made to be broken, but common sense isn't.

Do people trust you?

Yeah, but I trust them more :shock:

I have no bad intentions and probably never will have :)

Sanguine

MBTI Type
INTP

Personally I find morality to be relative for any action you have an infinite number of situations where the action is acceptable and just as many where its not. I hold myself to a few core ideas. Being loyalty, honor, and integrity. For the most part I act in a live and let live manner. But life is a competition of will to exercise your will, you will step on another persons, the ideal goal being to exercise yours with a minimal impact on other people while accomplishing your goal. I hold others to this as well. Most actions can be found acceptable with the right circumstances. Though many seem to simply act in a manner contrary to what they believe or want to believe as well as what level of action the situation warrants . Which does lead to me to be rather negative about people as a whole. Being that I rarely find people are willing to stick to what they believe regardless of the action being positive or negative.

Do people trust you?
Most people seem to trust me though some with suspicion as to why they can. I generally work with three circles. People who will get a minimum level until their actions increase or decrease that. Acquaintances who get a bit more either by their actions or the word of someone I consider family. Then the people I consider family trust me as far as their lives being that for them there is almost nothing I wont do for them no matter the personal cost. All people get pretty honest action from me as long as they in some way ask and are not working towards a goal that is contrary to something that I hold as a greater priority.

Yes though reliability can be an issue depending on the situation ask me to help you move and I will probably be late but will honor what I said. Ask me take you to the doctor or pick you up when stuck in the middle of nowhere and I will be there hell I may even pull off being early. In whole while I often can find ends that justify the means I will not tread on the few values I have being that it would be worse then death to so.

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I define morality via my conciencse. When I look back at my past, I have to have no bad concincse about anything and with that I mean major things like cheating on a girlfriend or letting a friend down. I felt and always feel deeply loyal and connected to people I thinbk I can trust, which has brought me into situations where I was too naive. Gladly I am not too dumb and was most often able to recognize people you cant trust.

People dont entrust me with shit. They think I am haphazardous, careless and even egoistical. I read once that this will be the perception you create of yourself being a Ne-dom. I try to counterreact to their perception by often emphasizing how I feel about a thing and by steering on a clear red line. For me as a NT much is motivated by the mind and the things I do I thought through. That does appear to more Feeler types as if I would calculate every action I take and it lets my real motivations seem unclear. They have a point there definitly, it takes time until I let people get to my own emotions at all, except the topic deals with things I feel strongly about. this kind of calculated approach tho is a strong antagonist to looking trustworthy, it has alienated my girlfriend quite often. I envy Feeler types for their coolness and clearness they have in their personality in that regards.

I wouldnt call myself the upholder or epitome to morality from birth on. I had from birth on no sense for morality and I had to develop it firstly. I am basically very oblivious to human feelings, not because I cant handle them but because I am troubled enough with my own already. Therefore the primary rule of my morales have always been "you cant serve two gods". That worked well with woman and well with circles of friends. The attitude to develop morales at all I had to learn the hard way. When a woman cheated on me, I learned by pain why they are important and since then I worked on them.

I have a strong morale nut at my site with my present girlfriend and I can still learn a lot from her. I dont know if I will stay morale forever in business for example, I tend to be smart there for my own nogood. But I am afraid of messing a thing up bigtime therefore I dont believe I would ever make a big deal.

By design tho, I have great potential for amorality. I could have easily went on a darker path in life. I think tho disregardless of what path I'ld have took, loyality would have been always an important thing to me.

Stumblebum

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sp
The idea that there are universally set principles all man should abide by really disgust me. It's a pretty silly concept. My behavior is very much dependent on how I feel in a given situation.

Do people trust you?
Probably not. I've never given anybody a particular reason not to, I'm just not the type who people seek out for things like that. My closest friends know that I wouldn't intentionally harm them, but they also know that we have differing standards of importance and that I'm not inclined to act selflessly when it comes to respecting the way they feel things ought to be handled.

Oh, absolutely not. I'm an immature, emotional retard.

W

WhoCares

My own.

Do people trust you?

Not if I can help it. No, thats a lie. I trust people to be underhanded, duplicitous and act entirely out of self interest. So far that ideology hasnt set me wrong.

No. I take great pains to never be the object of someone's trust because its highly likely my own morals are in direct conflict with theirs. The result is that at some point they will request of me some action or inaction which is repugnant to me and I will have to disappoint them. I can live with breaking anothers trust but I cannot live with breaking my own. Above all things I must respect myself and I cannot do that if I allow myself to be manipulated by others.

My mantra is always....do not lay upon me the burden or your trust or your friendship. Neither are worth what they will cost me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

I treat people like I would want to be treaten.

Do people trust you?

yes

yes

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

What brand of morality to you hold yourselves and others accountable to

Moral relativism, empathy+cooperation=treat others as you accept them to treat you
Also known as the golden rule and many other names.
I dont hold other ppl accountable to any brand of ethics as lobg as they are not dealing w me. Then it depends on what they want from me.

It s natural trend of mammalian social animals, morals shouldnt ho against humzn nature otherwise they are bound to fail in part or totality.

Do people trust you?

Some people trust me with their lives. Others dont.

My word is my bond.

yes

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Define morality in this context. What does it mean to be moral? Does morality as a concept exist objectively which is pretty much assumed when we speak of morality or is it simply an innate sense of right or wrong that we choose to simply adhere to for or own personal purposes?

As a whole, if I have to align myself with any specific system them perhaps somewhat Nietzschean and Crowleyan.

Do people trust you?
No idea. I don't tend to trust people though, and I have no clue how this pertains to questions about morality.

Depends on what trustworthy means, and the context relations.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I place a lot of importance on honesty, fairness, and accountability. I think the world would be a better place if people were more honest with themselves and others, rather than emphasizing "perfect" value sets that ignores humans as they actually are. I'm usually willing to forgive someone for mistakes they've made if they can realize that they are mistakes, instead of hiding behind righteousness. I don't however, hold forgiveness to be a virtue in and of itself. Nor do I place a lot of stock on intentions. I rarely find myself ameliorated if someone "meant well."

Do people trust you?

I think so. I have big, brown, puppydog eyes. People tend to assume I'm more innocent than I actually am, actually.

Yes, I value privacy, honesty, and sticking by my promises. I won't divulge secrets someone has told me, even if I know that there is no way they will ever find out.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't really believe in morality.

I generally do as I please.

However, I do deem some things wrong and ethical.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I hold myself accountable to traditional Christian morality; I don't expect other people outside my family to hold to any particular standard. I generally expect people to be decent, but not exceptionally good or bad.

Do people trust you?

I assume they do; I never really considered before. No one ever said they didn't trust me... :D

Yes; I've never betrayed anyone, or failed to do something I promised. But then, I rarely make promises... Maybe it would be different if I did.