• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Can INTJs develop their Ne to be dominant?

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Or Si?

I feel like I can see and choose from the unlimited amount of possibilities or potential of something, and I can pick one and see it long range like a sniper and exactly how to get there, set the goals, and execute.

I see this as dominant Ne-Ni. Anybody else relate?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would we want to do that?

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Why would we want to do that?

Just took various tests with the following stack:

Ne | Ni | Te | Ti | Si | Fe | Se | Fi

Or

Ni | Ne | Ti | Se | Te | Fi | Si | Fe

The insinuation is im utilizing both Ne and Ni dominantly, therefore creating either the INTJ or ENTP function stack as described by MBTI

Can my true function stack simply be
Intuition - Thinking - Sensing - Feeling ?
But it must be:
Inuition - Thinking - Feeling - Sensing

Hmm..

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Or Si?

I feel like I can see and choose from the unlimited amount of possibilities or potential of something, and I can pick one and see it long range like a sniper and exactly how to get there, set the goals, and execute.

I see this as dominant Ne-Ni. Anybody else relate?

There is a theory (don't quote me on this as my knowledge of it has so many holes in it, it puts Swiss Cheese to shame) that your use of functions does not go from 1-8 in terms of strength or use, such as in your case, Ne > Ti > Fe > Si > Ni > Te > Fi > Se, but instead, your shadow functions remain more or less in line and strength with your four functions, you just don't prefer or acknowledge those other functions. So as an Ne dom, your Ni would actually be quite good, but you don't see the use or benefit of it on a normal basis. I think! Hahaha again, I know something similar to this is out there, but don't quote me.

As for explaining your example, perhaps you've just developed a very complimentary Ti to step in and stop the Ne process or better guide it I should say, and run with a focused plan of attack. With me, my Ne is still this uncontrollable source of energy that runs nonstop, but my Fi allows me to better direct and narrow the Ne, just a bit, so that I can ensure I stay on the path in life, right for me. It's changing the field of view on my camera lens to become more telephoto. Te then constructs the plans from there. Though, whether or not I actually stick to those plans, is if my Fi allows it :newwink:

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
There is a theory (don't quote me on this as my knowledge of it has so many holes in it, it puts Swiss Cheese to shame) that your use of functions does not go from 1-8 in terms of strength or use, such as in your case, Ne > Ti > Fe > Si > Ni > Te > Fi > Se, but instead, your shadow functions remain more or less in line and strength with your four functions, you just don't prefer or acknowledge those other functions. So as an Ne dom, your Ni would actually be quite good, but you don't see the use or benefit of it on a normal basis. I think! Hahaha again, I know something similar to this is out there, but don't quote me.

As for explaining your example, perhaps you've just developed a very complimentary Ti to step in and stop the Ne process or better guide it I should say, and run with a focused plan of attack. With me, my Ne is still this uncontrollable source of energy that runs nonstop, but my Fi allows me to better direct and narrow the Ne, just a bit, so that I can ensure I stay on the path in life, right for me. It's changing the field of view on my camera lens to become more telephoto. Te then constructs the plans from there. Though, whether or not I actually stick to those plans, is if my Fi allows it :newwink:

I see what you mean.
As a child I was definetely more INTJ, gifted child, had friends my parents forced me to have but never really liked any of them.
I excel specifically in math and science, but also art and music as well. I used to write songs for things like greek mythology or pi. Lol
But then again I also scored in the 99th percentile for math and 97th for science.
If this theory is correct Ive been developing them actively for the past 10 years.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I see what you mean.
As a child I was definetely more INTJ, gifted child, had friends my parents forced me to have but never really liked any of them.
I excel specifically in math and science, but also art and music as well. I used to write songs for things like greek mythology or pi. Lol
But then again I also scored in the 99th percentile for math and 97th for science.
If this theory is correct Ive been developing them actively for the past 10 years.

If the theory is correct, it would explain why my Fe is strong and apparent. Though, I'm also So dom and an E2 so either of those things can pass as Fe in ways. But I basically grew up more as an INFP, constantly being shunned by my loved ones of how selfish I was. I didn't think I was at all, but I grew up forming habits to give to others and to be more sociable and outgoing to rid myself of that perception placed onto me. Boy, was it painful to be other than I am and for so long.

But ya dude, from what I've seen of you so far, you seem ENTP. ;) I really don't like to close the door on judgements made in anything I do, like ever, so I'll just say that I see 99.99% ENTP in you hahaha.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
If the theory is correct, it would explain why my Fe is strong and apparent. Though, I'm also So dom and an E2 so either of those things can pass as Fe in ways. But I basically grew up more as an INFP, constantly being shunned by my loved ones of how selfish I was. I didn't think I was at all, but I grew up forming habits to give to others and to be more sociable and outgoing to rid myself of that perception placed onto me. Boy, was it painful to be other than I am and for so long.

But ya dude, from what I've seen of you so far, you seem ENTP. ;) I really don't like to close the door on judgements made in anything I do, like ever, so I'll just say that I see 99.99% ENTP in you hahaha.

How does one equate my comments to "ENTPness"?
My highest scoring function is either Ni or Ne. I can only relate to the Ne part of an ENTP. I relate most to an ENTJ like INTJ with ENTP 'Ne'ness.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
How does one equate my comments to "ENTPness"?
My highest scoring function is either Ni or Ne. I can only relate to the Ne part of an ENTP. I relate most to an ENTJ like INTJ with ENTP 'Ne'ness.

A good part of me is typing you through your artwork. The thought process behind it is quite evident. I could TOTALLY be wrong in my read of your artwork though lol. But I tend to see the "whole" of a person, then form my thoughts from there (not specifically speaking typing people), so the posts I've seen from you, how we've interacted, your artwork, your intro description.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
A good part of me is typing you through your artwork. The thought process behind it is quite evident. I could TOTALLY be wrong in my read of your artwork though lol. But I tend to see the "whole" of a person, then form my thoughts from there (not specifically speaking typing people), so the posts I've seen from you, how we've interacted, your artwork, your intro description.

Yea I understand that. My art I do now is something that is new to me. My artwork as a child didnt have much of an abstract feel. Because in my job im always dealing with new clients, new situations, requiring me to form various outcomes on the spot. I see that as having a major impact.
The way entps are percieved, as evident in the loser aboves comment, are all over the place, erratic, inventor types that are always moving on to new things.

When I do something, even if it requires a lot of time and energy like learning a new language, reading in it, writing in it, the slang, the customs, the culture, I do it right. I dont waste time, I lay out a plan and timeline and get it done. I just always see an entp as percieved as not able to do it.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yea I understand that. My art I do now is something that is new to me. My artwork as a child didnt have much of an abstract feel. Because in my job im always dealing with new clients, new situations, requiring me to form various outcomes on the spot. I see that as having a major impact.
The way entps are percieved, as evident in the loser aboves comment, are all over the place, erratic, inventor types that are always moving on to new things.

When I do something, even if it requires a lot of time and energy like learning a new language, reading in it, writing in it, the slang, the customs, the culture, I do it right. I dont waste time, I lay out a plan and timeline and get it done. I just always see an entp as percieved as not able to do it.

Hmm, perhaps a "Type Me" thread is in order. I'd hate to divert much further from the original topic of this thread though, figuring out people's typing is always fun for me so I'd hate to end this discussion here. We can continue, with other's input in the "What's My Type" subforum. :D

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scoring in a nonstandard way is very common on that test, and Jungian analysts Singer and Loomis also developed a test that suggests orders are all over the place if you just define the 8 function-attitudes individually.

Basically, just be aware that the basis for the functions-stackings theories is far from empiricism (which doesn't strike them down, just suggests a very different approach from what people traditionally take).
Part of the thing is every theorist has a different set of rules pretty much -- Jung for instance didn't subscribe to the alternating function-attitudes point of view, and in fact never typed someone that way when also stipulating the top two were developed, whereas he clearly did for Nietzsche suggest an NiTi type.

Basically what I'm saying is if you just spell out the definitions of the 8 generically, you can build a lot of different models based on the many interactions the function-attitudes could have. You have to have some conceptual goals in mind to really develop a specific one as your preferred one -- that is, what in specific does it MEAN to have TeNi, or NiTe, or whatever? It's up to us to define these things (and not every theorist does so the same), and motivate what we mean, based on patterns we wish to describe.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
No. INTJ brain doesn't work with Ne , but INTJ can have some sort of Ne but never dom.
You know it is really contradictory to have "AHA , THIS IS IT!" subjective imagination or Ni and "THIS COULD BE THIS , AND THIS ..AND THIS..." which objective imagination or Ne. From what I are you written you are "all-powerful" Ne user not Ni. ;)

INTJs have:
  1. subjetive imagination - how it will be? prophecy psycho thing
  2. objective thinking - how something is useful? connecting objects into one system.
  3. subjective ethics - how I value things? personal code or moral
  4. objective sensing - how to explore things? hedonism > sex ,drugs and rock'n'roll :D

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well from descriptions INTJ are considered to be confident to a fault, coming off as outright arrogant.

So based on the recent arguments I am gonna assume INTJ is fairly accurate.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes. This is Ni-Te thing. "THIS IS IT WHEN I AM THINKING ABOUT IT!" You can see that INTJs are pure and very hard Judgmental type only from their first two functions. Funny , is it? :D

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
INTJs have:
  2. objective thinking - how something is useful? connecting objects into one system.
  4. objective sensing - how to explore things? hedonism > sex ,drugs and rock'n'roll :D

Which describes exactly.

And it's not contradictory, it's complimentary.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
It is contradictory! You can't be have both function!
For example , how exactly you can have subjective ethics (Fi) where is all about MY CODE or inspiration to people and objective ethics (Fe) where is all about shearing things with another people? You can't! ;)

Fi to Fe users >> false people :shrug:
Fe to Fi users >> selfish people :mad:

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
No. INTJ brain doesn't work with Ne , but INTJ can have some sort of Ne but never dom.
You know it is really contradictory to have "AHA , THIS IS IT!" subjective imagination or Ni and "THIS COULD BE THIS , AND THIS ..AND THIS..." which objective imagination or Ne. From what I are you written you are "all-powerful" Ne user not Ni. ;)

INTJs have:

And of course INTJ brain works with Ne. I would assume it to be well developed in those who strive for personal growth.

I view my life as extremely important to this world. So much that I do things solely that they remain after Im gone. This is hardly Ne, lol

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
It is contradictory! You can't be have both function!
For example , how exactly you can have subjective ethics (Fi) where all is about MY CODE or inspiration to people and objective ethics (Fe) where is all about shearing things with another people? You can't! ;)

Fi to Fe users >> false people :shrug:
Fe to Fi users >> selfish people :mad:

Of course you can. I have a very strict code of morals I personally live by. I also am always telling people what they need to do to change this or that, if they dare complain to me. Yet I dont force my personal code on others, I view myself as too strict and that others just couldnt do it.

When I take tests determining brain dominance, Im right in the middle. A scientist/artist. A mastermind/debater. Im also left handed and my IQ is in the 99.4 percentile, if that effects it (fairly certain IQ does)