• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Can INTJs develop their Ne to be dominant?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Do you realize that INTJ and ENTP have totally different functions?
ENTP think they are all-powerful with all functions cuz of Ne-Ti thing.
You have objective imagination which assume every possibility as equal and you have subjective thinking where is all in your mind.
So only from Ne-Ti you have a person who assume that he can be everything in the same time! Perception. ;)
ENTPs are always ruled by magic and holy "Why?" Why this? Why not? Damn it... :shrug: :shock:

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Do you realize that INTJ and ENTP have totally different functions?
ENTP think they are all-powerful with all functions cuz of Ne-Ti thing.
You have objective imagination which assume every possibility as equal and you have subjective thinking where is all in your mind.
So only from Ne-Ti you have a person who assume that he can be everything in the same time! Perception. ;)
ENTPs are always ruled by magic and holy "Why?" Why this? Why not? Damn it... :shrug: :shock:

Then I'm certainly not ENTP.

And I do realize they are completely separate functions, that's my point.
ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si - Ni Te Fi Se INTJ
Intuition - Thinking - Feeling -Sensing

Maybe since I'm an ambivert I have these advantages.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
This thread was created for feedback on a specific question.

Can Ne (hypothetically INTJs 4th function) be used as a dominant function, along with Ni?

I'm not asking you to think you can type me or to tell me you can't have both Ne and Ni. Just looking to bounce ideas :)

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then I'm certainly not ENTP.

And I do realize they are completely separate functions, that's my point.
ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si - Ni Te Fi Se INTJ
Intuition - Thinking - Feeling -Sensing

Maybe since I'm an ambivert I have these advantages.

Have you considered ENTJ for yourself? MBTI I/E doesn't correlate with social introversion/extroversion. I, for example, am not the most sociable person you'll meet, but I do focus a great deal on the external world.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A handful of posts containing personal sniping have been moved. Don't do this. Do stay on topic.

Carry on.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Have you considered ENTJ for yourself? MBTI I/E doesn't correlate with social introversion/extroversion. I, for example, am not the most sociable person you'll meet, but I do focus a great deal on the external world.

I have. That's what I get on most personality tests. I just feel like I'm too introverted to be ENTJ, yet to personable to be an INTJ, too goal oriented to be an ENTP and think too much outloud to be INTP (though my best friend is).
Maybe because I'm type 8w7 sx/so? Is that rare for INTJ?.

I see this personality thing as us using all 8 functions like this:

Sun Moon
Dom Aux
Right Left
INTJ ENTP
Ni Ne
Te Ti
Fi Fe
Se Si

I see us using both but one more dominantly than the other.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have. That's what I get on most personality tests. I just feel like I'm too introverted to be ENTJ, yet to personable to be an INTJ, too goal oriented to be an ENTP and think too much outloud to be INTP (though my best friend is).
Maybe because I'm type 8w7 sx/so? Is that rare for INTJ?.

I see this personality thing as us using all 8 functions like this:

Sun Moon
Dom Aux
Right Left
INTJ ENTP
Ni Ne
Te Ti
Fi Fe
Se Si

I see us using both but one more dominantly than the other.

Yes I understand. I'm quite reserved to be an ENTJ or so I thought. Myer's Briggs Introversion isn't the same as social introversion.

Yes, you are partially right according to the Socionics system, the shadow side of ENTP is the ENTJ and both types can look alike because of this reason.

Gone

This thread was created for feedback on a specific question.

Can Ne (hypothetically INTJs 4th function) be used as a dominant function, along with Ni?

I'm not asking you to think you can type me or to tell me you can't have both Ne and Ni. Just looking to bounce ideas :)

This post is so ENTP.

And yeah, if you subscribe to the idea that everyone uses all 8 functions and the preference that determines our type is mostly about valuing/devaluing functions/function pairs, then yes, of course that's possible. It's not in line with the common interpretations, for sure, but why should that make it less "true".

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
He assumes that he can be both subjective and objective in the same time for one domain. It's insane! :shock:
Of course if you are INTJ you can have Ne but you have to keep on mind that this Ne is less devopted then your inf Se... :bye:
Any other argument is completly illogilac causen by all-powerfull ENxP types who can't choose cuz of their dom Ne. ;)

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
He assumes that he can be both subjective and objective in the same time for one domain. It's insane! :shock:
Of course if you are INTJ you can have Ne but you have to keep on mind that this Ne is less devopted then your inf Se... :bye:
Any other argument is completly illogilac causen by all-powerfull ENxP types who can't choose cuz of their dom Ne. ;)

I don't think I am a superhuman, I am simply discussing my function stack, which is obviously different than yours.
However I can be and am both subjective and objective, do I need to test it to prove it.
Every time I take a function stack my top 2 are Ne-Ni or Ni-Ne.
I manifest my destiny. I have many interests, all of them complex/simplex. I bow to Father Time only.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I am a superhuman, I am simply discussing my function stack, which is obviously different than yours.
However I can be and am both subjective and objective, do I need to test it to prove it.
I manifest my destiny. I have many interests, all of them complex/simplex. I bow to Father Time only.

My results are always Ni-Ne as the strong ones. Which, in my opinion, only means that I am (and everyone with a similar result is) a highly intuitive person. Don't get too focused on the cognitive functions, keep in mind that the four letters also mean something.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
My results are always Ni-Ne as the strong ones. Which, in my opinion, only means that I am (and everyone with a similar result is) a highly intuitive person. Don't get too focused on the cognitive functions, keep in mind that the four letters also mean something.

Yea I've spent the past few days analyzing myself and the only thing that I feel is accurate is my dominant sexual variant and my general function stack, even tho mbti says it's not possible, is:
Intuition - Thinking - Sensing - Feeling

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

You claim that you can be inside and outside house in the same time...
I mean how could you be? :shock:
You are in house(mind) and think from your perspective what is happens outside or you are outside and you like a bird can see what is really happens. :D
You can only think you can be and it's a Ti or subjective thinking. :bye:

For ENTP and INFJ it is normal to think they can be... :blush:

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
You are in house(mind) and think from your perspective what is happens outside or you are outside and you like a bird can see what is really happens. :D

I understand what you're trying to say, but still doesn't make sense.

You insinuate I am merely "wishful thinking" when in reality Logical reasoning tests show my ability to use abductive (Pythagorean retroductive reasoning) along with deductive reasoning.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
I understand what you're trying to say, but still doesn't make sense.

You insinuate I am merely "wishful thinking" when in reality Logical reasoning tests show my ability to use abductive (Pythagorean retroductive reasoning) along with deductive reasoning.

My understanding of abductive reasoning is that it is observed two ways, one very Ne-Ti and one very Ni-Te, but is one style in itself.

adventureawaits

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the record, everything about this thread screams Ne/Ti. The way the theory is bounced all around to the point that I'm having trouble keeping up with it (and I'm a Ne dom!). The way you're communicating your thinking seems different than a Te dom/aux. Most Te doms/aux I know are structured when they discuss their thoughts and have a clear resolution/conclusion associated with them. It seems like you're keeping your thinking super open ended and here for the debate - which is very Ne/Ti.

As for if you can use both Ne and Ni, sure. I've taken a test on cognitive functions and it said I use both. But I'm a Ne dom. It probably just means I'm overflowing with N madness or, in all honesty & more likely, I couldn't really make a clear decision on the answer to the question. And just because I can hypothetically access both, I couldn't logically use both at the same time because I'm pretty sure they oppose one another. But the way you've been arguing your point here (in contrast, observe how Norexan is arguing his point - there's a conclusion to his thought) is very Ne/Ti, which tells me that you probably prefer those functions over Ni/Te because you're using them more naturally & that would imply they are in your top 4 functions somewhere.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I use this new phangly thing called legs, where you look at the outside, then go inside, and compare and contrast with the inside :coffee: :smooch:

It is possible to switch from one version of N to another. You just have to do a 're-take' on the same information, using a different set of goggles. And yes, it is especially Ne doms that seem to not want to pick and choose, and want to have it all, go outside that box and walk in and outside that house. Hell, wanting to change perspectives and seeing things from all possible angles is like...part of the Ne-DNA. Every corner is interesting, so the different outlook that the other side of N offers? Dude, that's plain gold! Why would you not be motivated to go there? And in that regard, I agree that our poster is ENTP ;)

But I've also met my fair share of INXJs who readily have access to Ne. They are typically a lot more invested and preferential about their Ni-dom, but when certain moods hit....suddenly they turn into ENTP trolls and go all out. Nothing to do but wait it out, usually :coffee:

One does have access to their shadow. And typically, the first two shadow functions are readily accessible, albeit less exercised, meaning they cost a lot more energy to utilise properly. The second one, on top of that, tends to be used in a knee-jerk reaction and a negative way, as that is how it's often experienced. But with a little bit of elbow grease and a touch of awareness, it's there for the taking. (The next ones however, omg, are they a pain in fucking shadow realm).

Oh and I'm ENFP - Ti is about my biggest nightmare.

...but I do get typed NFJ an awful lot because I like to go for a walk now and again :D :smile:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or Si?

I feel like I can see and choose from the unlimited amount of possibilities or potential of something, and I can pick one and see it long range like a sniper and exactly how to get there, set the goals, and execute.

I see this as dominant Ne-Ni. Anybody else relate?

They do exactly the same as you, except they keep it to themselves, because the attitude of the function feels unnatural to them. So why would they want to develop something that feels extremely unnatural to them in the first place?