• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] TYPE CHANGE? Is it possible

Absolutely, positively NOT POSSIBLE. People are born into their type and it never, EVER changes. You can go crazy, or grow up, or whatever but your brain only has one information processing order. Massive brain damage or multiple personality disorder might affect that, but it won't change who you really are.

The fact that you would even say that means you are probably NF. Most people that are intensely confused about their type are NFers, which leads to a lot of static chatter about "type changes" and other wishy washiness. I imagine it's hard having both weak logic and sense. No insult intended. Be happy that your far-reaching emotional intuition gives you a depth of character and sociability that few could ever hope for. :happy2:

Aw! You’re a young INTJ, aren’t you? You possess all the charm of a sulphuric acid enema. It must be magical dealing with you on a daily basis.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was INFP but turned into INTJ as I got older.

Yes, I had a very traumatic and oppressive childhood. So you can say my evolution was the result of overcoming my past, and acceptance of myself.

featherless-biped

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I went from being a weak J to a strong P. I always attribute this to my philosophy professors handing me my intellectual ass in college and ultimately altering my entire fundamental approach to understanding the world. I became so sensitive to the flaws and pitfalls in just about every argument and ideology that I kind of just gave up on my more concrete ambitions because I didn't know what I really wanted anymore. Especially in ethics classes, I was exposed to so many things that blew up my previous moral convictions that I felt like I could no longer pursue a course of action in the world until I knew everything that might influence those choices. I'm making this sound unpleasant, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. While it's true that there have been times when I became paralyzed over all the room there is for me to be wrong about important things, the experience of being humbled and changing my mind was really valuable for my emotional growth. I think that when I do act, I do it with more wisdom now than I did then, even if it means I also do it with more self-doubt.