• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are you a Cat or Dog Person?

Cats or Dogs?

• INFJ- Cats

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • INFJ- Dogs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ENFJ- Cats

• ENFJ- Dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP- Cats

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • INFP- Dogs

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENFP- Cats

• ENFP- Dogs

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • ISFJ- Cats

• ISFJ- Dogs

• ESFJ- Cats

• ESFJ- Dogs

• ISFP- Cats

• ISFP- Dogs

• ESFP- Cats

• ESFP- Dogs

• INTJ- Cats

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • INTJ- Dogs

• ENTJ- Cats

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENTJ- Dogs

• INTP- Cats

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • INTP- Dogs

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • ENTP- Cats

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • ENTP- Dogs

• ISTJ- Cats

• ISTJ- Dogs

• ESTJ- Cats

• ESTJ- Dogs

• ISTP- Cats

• ISTP- Dogs

• ESTP- Cats

• ESTP- Dogs

• Total voters

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've heard before that allegedly Sensors liked dogs and Intuitives liked cats. This seems to me a little simplified but I Do think there might actually be trends to be found on this subject.

I'm an INFJ and a cat person. Cause they're chill, snugly and adorable. And I like the right dog but it has to click with me first. In general I don't find them as cute as other people do and they're smart enough to notice.

I'm posting this in NT section because . . . :rly???:

PS I dug deep down into the trenches of TC's posts via search bar, and failed to find a thread on this exact topic- No doubt it is out there, but braver souls than I, ones with longer attention spans perhaps, may succeed. At least I can say I treid.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never heard that nor do I believe it.

The general correlation I've noticed over the years has been Fe-users prefer dogs, Fi-users prefer cats. Exceptions aplenty.

Both. I like them for different reasons. I like dogs (big dogs especially Huskies and Labrador Retrievers) because they're loyal and depending on the breed intelligent and you can go walking and hiking with them. I like cats because they're independent and curious and do things on their terms. I'm pretty much an animal person in general.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've heard before that allegedly Sensors liked dogs and Intuitives liked cats. This seems to me a little simplified but I Do think there might actually be trends to be found on this subject.

I'm an INFJ and a cat person. Cause they're chill, snugly and adorable. And I like the right dog but it has to click with me first. In general I don't find them as cute as other people do and they're smart enough to notice.

I'm posting this in NT section because . . . :rly???:

PS I dug deep down into the trenches of TC's posts via search bar, and failed to find a thread on this exact topic- No doubt it is out there, but braver souls than I, ones with longer attention spans perhaps, may succeed. At least I can say I treid.

I like cats better in general (I have three), but I've meet individual dogs that were very endearing.

Dogs have a certain smell which I'd rather avoid. Actually three smells: dog breath, dog sweat, and wet dog. Cats have fish breath and that's about it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like dogs but don't really want one because they demand too much from me.
Of course, then I have to tolerate my cat because when I do want part of HIS time, he's flipping me off... mehh......

But I have an INTP friend who far prefers dogs to cats. :shrug:

... maybe the question is more about what MBTI type of owner the PET prefers to have.

Kas

Fabula rasa
2w935T0.jpg

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Dogs have a certain smell which I'd rather avoid. Actually three smells: dog breath, dog sweat, and wet dog. Cats have fish breath and that's about it.
Ah yes. Good point. Plus, cats are less likely to make-out with you and breath it all over your face.

Yo! We should have a really futile debate- Cat V.S. Dogs Which team are you on? Explain your reasoning but don't forget to randomly hate on the other side. :alttongue:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love dogs. they are truly loyal and stay with you.
I also have a cat, but it tends to play more than actually cuddle... XD

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...but don't forget to randomly hate on the other side.

Not sure, but did you just passive-aggressively accuse me of hating on dogs?? I assure you that was not my intention.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, heavens, the cat/dog debate. I'm an INFP, and I prefer dogs over cats one hundred percent of the time. INFPs have the tendency to contemplate people's motivation behind their behavior, and it can be exhausting. That's how I feel about cats--they're not demonstrative with their regard for you, so you're left guessing whether your cat actually likes you. It's not that I don't like cats--they're soft and cuddly and their purrs are everything sweet. But their affection is so changeable, and it's hard for me to tell whether they actually dig me, or they just consider me a convenient roommate.

With dogs, on the other hand, I know where I stand. When I come home after being out, my dogs jump and dance and run around--they're so excited about our reunion, they can't contain it. When I'm sad, my dogs can pick up on it, and they try their best to be a comfort. When I talk to my dogs, they look like they're really trying to figure out what I'm saying. They just seem so grateful to be part of a family. And I'm grateful to have them.

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Not sure, but did you just passive-aggressively accuse me of hating on dogs?? I assure you that was not my intention.

No no no no no! I was just joking around! I actually LOVE to randomly hate on things, and just thought it would be fun exercise. No worries my friend, passive-aggression, I assure you, was not my intention. ;)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I love both but right now I have a cat- so a cat person for now.

One day though Id like to have 2 or 3 cats and 2 dogs. A big one and a little one. Maybe a lab or a siberian husky something like that. I love animals.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm terrified of both because I have bad experiences with them in the past :cry:

Perhaps I'm a fish person :unsure:

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like dogs because they actually love you back. Though I think my sister's cat loves her.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Something funny for us to chuckle about...

03934e36be875e87aa2456741ab141f0.jpg

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
I love both however my cats are too demanding and want to be with me everywhere I go. My dogs are much more at ease and loyal. Dogs have a way of melting my heart, they love me no matter what mood I'm in, I like the feel of their tongue much more than my cats and they are smarter in terms of what I need and want. My cats seem to only want me when I'm in a great mood.

Dogs are my fav, cats are in second place on this one.:wink::wink::wubbie::hug: