• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are you a Cat or Dog Person?

Cats or Dogs?

• INFJ- Cats

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • INFJ- Dogs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ENFJ- Cats

• ENFJ- Dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP- Cats

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • INFP- Dogs

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENFP- Cats

• ENFP- Dogs

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • ISFJ- Cats

• ISFJ- Dogs

• ESFJ- Cats

• ESFJ- Dogs

• ISFP- Cats

• ISFP- Dogs

• ESFP- Cats

• ESFP- Dogs

• INTJ- Cats

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • INTJ- Dogs

• ENTJ- Cats

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENTJ- Dogs

• INTP- Cats

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • INTP- Dogs

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • ENTP- Cats

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • ENTP- Dogs

• ISTJ- Cats

• ISTJ- Dogs

• ESTJ- Cats

• ESTJ- Dogs

• ISTP- Cats

• ISTP- Dogs

• ESTP- Cats

• ESTP- Dogs

• Total voters

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cats, and I tended to take in strays. Even so, they didn't stay in the house, so I don't know if that counts as having pets.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would rather have a pet who doesn't slobber all over me, even if her "intentions" can't always be understood. I only work part-time and a cat is enough work for me!

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dogs. I don’t like animals with attitude problems.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am a lizard person :>

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don’t understand people who love dogs more than cats and vice versa. If you love animals in general, then you love all of them. All animals require your love, attention and care at the same level. It’s not fair if you have a dog and a cat, and you pay more attention to your dog.

Did you really just say that people can't have the experience of having a favorite animal?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cats 100%.

I'm the worst dog groomer ever.

When I saw you post in this thread, I predicted a response in favor of cats. Thanks for making my predictions accurate.

I like dogs, but I find it's much easier for me to get attached to a cat. Also, I prefer hairballs to barking and picking up shit in full view of the whole world.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Dogs. I don’t like animals with attitude problems.
It always pisses me off the way cats are so vastly misunderstood. They don't have attitude problems, they have problems with people comparing them to dogs and expecting them to behave the same way but getting offended by the fact that they don't. Cats are a completely different species so they act and communicate differently. Their moods are more nuanced than a dog's so sometimes they'll want to be left alone while sometimes they'll be an attention whore instead of just always wanting to be up your ass, and/or that will vary depending upon the individual cat's personality. They're also not hierarchical creatures like dogs are and you can't expect them to act like you're their pack leader...they're just not biologically wired that way. They also have no fucking clue what it means when you discipline them...they don't understand "oh, don't go on the counter, that's bad, I did a bad thing" they only understand "this human is acting aggressively right now??? wtf??? run from human!" and, at most, "don't go on counter while human is around because human acts aggressively." You can't train a cat using the same methods you use for dogs, their communication / understanding is different...that's why spray bottles aren't effective either...but they're still able to be trained, you just have to use different methods (in this case you need to understand why they're going on the counter and enable them to satisfy that need in a permissible way instead, such as giving them access to a high up place nearby or giving them access to running water if they go up there due to a preference for running water...but if *the counter* sprayed it when it jumped up--like with a sensor or something--then it would understand "don't go on counter, going on counter is bad".) Instead, people think they're just deliberately defying them because people expect them to work just like dogs do. If you want something to operate like a dog then get a dog, but don't make an innocent animal out to be bad just because you don't understand how it operates.

.....was probably a bit harsh because I'm passionate but I'm not trying to chew you out or something, just making some points.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
LMAO what in the entire fuck? I don’t like cats. I don’t care why they are the way they are.

It always pisses me off the way cats are so vastly misunderstood. They don't have attitude problems, they have problems with people comparing them to dogs and expecting them to behave the same way but getting offended by the fact that they don't. Cats are a completely different species so they act and communicate differently. Their moods are more nuanced than a dog's so sometimes they'll want to be left alone while sometimes they'll be an attention whore instead of just always wanting to be up your ass, and/or that will vary depending upon the individual cat's personality. They're also not hierarchical creatures like dogs are and you can't expect them to act like you're their pack leader...they're just not biologically wired that way. They also have no fucking clue what it means when you discipline them...they don't understand "oh, don't go on the counter, that's bad, I did a bad thing" they only understand "this human is acting aggressively right now??? wtf??? run from human!" and, at most, "don't go on counter while human is around because human acts aggressively." You can't train a cat using the same methods you use for dogs, their communication / understanding is different...that's why spray bottles aren't effective either...but they're still able to be trained, you just have to use different methods (in this case you need to understand why they're going on the counter and enable them to satisfy that need in a permissible way instead, such as giving them access to a high up place nearby or giving them access to running water if they go up there due to a preference for running water...but if *the counter* sprayed it when it jumped up--like with a sensor or something--then it would understand "don't go on counter, going on counter is bad".) Instead, people think they're just deliberately defying them because people expect them to work just like dogs do. If you want something to operate like a dog then get a dog, but don't make an innocent animal out to be bad just because you don't understand how it operates.

.....was probably a bit harsh because I'm passionate but I'm not trying to chew you out or something, just making some points.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
LMAO what in the entire fuck? I don’t like cats. I don’t care why they are the way they are.
Didn't say you did (nor that you had to). Just said you're wrong about them having attitude problems.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Didn't say you did (nor that you had to). Just said you're wrong about them having attitude problems.

I didn’t say you said I cared or that I needed to care. I don’t like animals with attitude issues that includes cats, even if you dislike or disagree with my conclusion :). Thanks for sparing me from that jumbled run on rant this time.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I didn’t say you said I cared or that I needed to care. I don’t like animals with attitude issues that includes cats, even if you dislike or disagree with my conclusion :). Thanks for sparing me from that jumbled run on rant this time.
Lol what's worse is you're the one with the attitude problem. Makes sense now, you're just projecting.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Lol what's worse is you're the one with the attitude problem. Makes sense now, you're just projecting.

You replied to my post with a rant... I think you’re projecting but I’m now bored so have at it ;)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm by far a cat person over a dog person. I find dogs smelly, overly rambunctious, unsanitary, and their barking at everything irritates me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm very allergic to cats. I like small dogs.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm by far a cat person over a dog person. I find dogs smelly, overly rambunctious, unsanitary, and their barking at everything irritates me.

I have a dog and a cat and I agree with this statement. ^^ But in reality I'm not much of a pet person regardless of the type.

Rainydaze888

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ here, I’ve always been a cat person and I have 2 cuddly boys at home. I like dogs just fine, but other people’s dogs (as long as they’re sweet and well behaved), I wouldn’t want one as a pet. I can’t stand barking noises, it makes me edgy. I also don’t have enough time in the day for a pet that’s high-maintenance and super dependent.