• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are you a Cat or Dog Person?

Cats or Dogs?

• INFJ- Cats

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • INFJ- Dogs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ENFJ- Cats

• ENFJ- Dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP- Cats

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • INFP- Dogs

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENFP- Cats

• ENFP- Dogs

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • ISFJ- Cats

• ISFJ- Dogs

• ESFJ- Cats

• ESFJ- Dogs

• ISFP- Cats

• ISFP- Dogs

• ESFP- Cats

• ESFP- Dogs

• INTJ- Cats

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • INTJ- Dogs

• ENTJ- Cats

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENTJ- Dogs

• INTP- Cats

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • INTP- Dogs

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • ENTP- Cats

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • ENTP- Dogs

• ISTJ- Cats

• ISTJ- Dogs

• ESTJ- Cats

• ESTJ- Dogs

• ISTP- Cats

• ISTP- Dogs

• ESTP- Cats

• ESTP- Dogs

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dogs. I'm deathly allergic to cats

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dogs are okay but I prefer cats.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Cats are quieter and don't invade your personal space as much.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both. Pets are just great.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
I have two cats. They can be super annoying as they take over the bed, are very demandy and picky for their food, ruin the apartment if they are not entertained enough and perform meowing concerts if they are not pleased with the service.

So I voted for cats.

...because they can get away with everything for being so cute, funny and cuddly:blush:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I rather eat cats, dogs taste like chicken out of the fridge for 3 days :/

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like both but prefer cats. Having a dog can be like having an overly clingy girlfriend who constantly wants to know where you've been.

Cats are the best roommates. Company without the obligation of giving them my attention.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cat. Ever since I was little. How could you not?

Jetta

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think I'm an INTP guy but I like dogs better than cats. A mean pregnant cat scratched me once and it scarred me literally.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I like cats a LITTLE more, but I love dogs, too. It's so hard to choose cause I love ALL animals!
I don't have the time right now to devote to a dog the attention and care it would deserve, though, and I suspect it will always be this way.
I have an almost ten year old black kitty who i've raised since she was a tiny, mouselike creature.
:D

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I love all animals equally, but I prefer cats.

Equally, he said.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Birds, fish, reptiles and invertebrates. F@#$ mammals. J/k mammals are cool, too.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Oh, heavens, the cat/dog debate. I'm an INFP, and I prefer dogs over cats one hundred percent of the time. INFPs have the tendency to contemplate people's motivation behind their behavior, and it can be exhausting. That's how I feel about cats--they're not demonstrative with their regard for you, so you're left guessing whether your cat actually likes you. It's not that I don't like cats--they're soft and cuddly and their purrs are everything sweet. But their affection is so changeable, and it's hard for me to tell whether they actually dig me, or they just consider me a convenient roommate. With dogs, on the other hand, I know where I stand. When I come home after being out, my dogs jump and dance and run around--they're so excited about our reunion, they can't contain it. When I'm sad, my dogs can pick up on it, and they try their best to be a comfort. When I talk to my dogs, they look like they're really trying to figure out what I'm saying. They just seem so grateful to be part of a family. And I'm grateful to have them.
#ditto to all of that. That was a great breakdown on why I feel exactly the same way, at the end of my day I don't have the energy to see if my pet is in the mood to engage with me , I have two Boston terriers both males and when I pull into my drive way they are standing at the window eagerly awaiting my presence. They sleep with me and are very protective. I love dogs, I have yet to meet a cat I liked.

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Dogs. I do like cats but my preference is definitely dogs.

8bitwalrus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w?
ENTJ, prefer cats as pets due to their self-sufficiency, but love dogs too. I'm just too deep in my career to be an adequate dog-owner, personally.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
#ditto to all of that. That was a great breakdown on why I feel exactly the same way, at the end of my day I don't have the energy to see if my pet is in the mood to engage with me , I have two Boston terriers both males and when I pull into my drive way they are standing at the window eagerly awaiting my presence. They sleep with me and are very protective. I love dogs, I have yet to meet a cat I liked.

Mainly, it's not a surprise that most Introverts prefer cats, Introverts by nature, and most extroverts prefer dogs, extroverts by nature.

Cats don't like to be pestered with and enjoy their own space. They hate neediness. Why would you wait for a cat to validate your feelings? Nonetheless, something to note, when a cat acknowledges you, you will have a very meaningful relationship with him. Provided you can enjoy the proximity without feeling the need to choke him with "ZOMG YOU'RE SO CUTE". He will murder you. Seamlessly.

Cats like their private life too. If you suffocate him, he'll pee, shit, fuck up your life, and wage chaos all over the place, cunningly so, unapologetically so.

I love all animals, certainly dogs too, since I have been close to breeds of dogs considered stereotypically dangerous, but if I had two dogs and had to welcome them everyday I get back home, I'll probably pretend to throw a ball just to have them look for it indefinitely while I'm having some peace and quiet.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Mainly, it's not a surprise that most Introverts prefer cats, Introverts by nature, and most extroverts prefer dogs, extroverts by nature. Cats don't like to be pestered with and enjoy their own space. They hate neediness. Why would you wait for a cat to validate your feelings? Nonetheless, something to note, when a cat acknowledges you, you will have a very meaningful relationship with him. Provided you can enjoy the proximity without feeling the need to choke him with "ZOMG YOU'RE SO CUTE". He will murder you. Seamlessly. Cats like their private life too. If you suffocate him, he'll pee, shit, fuck up your life, and wage chaos all over the place, cunningly so, unapologetically so. I love all animals, certainly dogs too, since I have been close to breeds of dogs considered stereotypically dangerous, but if I had two dogs and had to welcome them everyday I get back home, I'll probably pretend to throw a ball just to have them look for it indefinitely while I'm having some peace and quiet.
I do not make those noises at my dogs.. well not all the time.. sometimes I say "who's your mommy!!" AnyWho.. I like that they are excited to see me . I like that they'll follow me around and investigate whatever it is I'm investigating like the pack mentality that comes with being with them I'm the leader they are in my pack we move together that's an aspect I really enjoy . If I go outside to tinker with my plants nurture them , my boys follow me outside, they smell everything, Pee on everything bark at random cars and then when we're all done we all move inside together it's a sense of Camaraderie that I enjoy.