• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Are you a Cat or Dog Person?

Cats or Dogs?

• INFJ- Cats

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • INFJ- Dogs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ENFJ- Cats

• ENFJ- Dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP- Cats

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • INFP- Dogs

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENFP- Cats

• ENFP- Dogs

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • ISFJ- Cats

• ISFJ- Dogs

• ESFJ- Cats

• ESFJ- Dogs

• ISFP- Cats

• ISFP- Dogs

• ESFP- Cats

• ESFP- Dogs

• INTJ- Cats

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • INTJ- Dogs

• ENTJ- Cats

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • ENTJ- Dogs

• INTP- Cats

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • INTP- Dogs

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • ENTP- Cats

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • ENTP- Dogs

• ISTJ- Cats

• ISTJ- Dogs

• ESTJ- Cats

• ESTJ- Dogs

• ISTP- Cats

• ISTP- Dogs

• ESTP- Cats

• ESTP- Dogs

• Total voters

Falcon112

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, I hate my communication skills. After reading the comments I understood that your question wasn't like "are you more similar to cats or dogs" but "which one do you prefer".

autumnf4lls

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love my dogs, and I love my cat, but I have more dogs so the majority rule stands.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel more connected to cats.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I am a human person, i do not have dog or cat dna in me, but i appreciate cats more though dogs are cool too

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I thought of myself as a cat person, but lately more attracted to the idea of having a dog. Mainly because I would like to have a furry companion that will push me to go outside more, exercise more, and *gasp* interact with others more. It's just that dogs are a LOT of work and attention. Cats are easier to deal with in this regard. They are autonomous, self-cleaning, self-possessed. I am comfortable with both a cat or dog.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do love dogs and want them to be happy and would pay money to help save them, but they are too much for me and I can't get them to obey me just like when I try to teach humans. I don't understand hierarchical pack mammals, both dogs and humans. My brain is wired like a cat and we get along very well. The non-pressuring, non-control style interaction that is just silly is what I understand in cats.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always been a dog person but I've been more open to the idea of having a cat as a pet. They seem more to my speed. I don't know if they are but I've never really seen energetic cats and I really just want a pet to chill with.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've heard before that allegedly Sensors liked dogs and Intuitives liked cats. This seems to me a little simplified but I Do think there might actually be trends to be found on this subject.

I'm an INFJ and a cat person. Cause they're chill, snugly and adorable. And I like the right dog but it has to click with me first. In general I don't find them as cute as other people do and they're smart enough to notice.

I'm posting this in NT section because . . . :rly???:

PS I dug deep down into the trenches of TC's posts via search bar, and failed to find a thread on this exact topic- No doubt it is out there, but braver souls than I, ones with longer attention spans perhaps, may succeed. At least I can say I treid.
It's a known fact that most NT's are generally cat people. Plus, these MBTI "vote your type" kind of polls are unreliable due to the INXX bias.

Aetheria

MBTI Type
INTP
Long story. Dogs but very few of them. Esp. not one that I think I’d call an ESFP. One lives a couple houses away. Excitable “Goldendoodle”. Designer mutt. 🙄 Can do tricks, but pulls on her leash, practically dragging around her owner.

We have an INFP English bulldog. Age 8 I think but so little she looks like 1/4 still puppy. Sometimes she’s annoying, & she’d eat far too much if we were to let her, but practically all day she’s laid back. Sleeps a lot. Totally my kind of dog except I don’t think she’d be any good against an intruder. At least she can bark. 🤷‍♀️ So the ideal dog would be the same but would tear up an intruder.

Cats are useless unless you have mice, which we don’t. I want a symbiotic relationship. A service in exchange for food, cleaning up messes, vet bills. And I’m extremely allergic to cats anyway. Impossible for me to have them. I mean not life-threatening asthma, but still, eyes swollen shut or nearly so, & total misery of itchiness & sneezing. Unless the cat would live outside most of the time, & someone were to clean daily, & I were to get allergy-shots, maybe. But we live in northern Indiana (summers are quite hot, winters usu. bitterly cold w/ high winds), & I don’t have the energy for extra cleaning.

We used to have a Rottweiler (ESTJ 😅), & she destroyed her ACL & the front door, & tore up the wall & trim, trying to get to deliverymen. We put a shock collar on her, & she would lie on purpose where she’d get shocked b/c she enjoyed it. We turned it higher, & then we discovered it had slightly burned her skin but she still enjoyed being shocked, so we threw out the collar. She also had a huge cyst in her chest once. We spent $1000s on her surgeries. And prob. a couple more $1000s to take care of her when she went lame. Lived about 2 more yrs, had to stay in a pen to keep her on her bed on carpet, since she would have dragged herself over to the tile despite her arthritis. She had to wear diapers but dog-diapers big enough were almost impossible to find & $20 for a few days’ worth. And they wouldn’t stay on well. So we got kids’ bed-wetting diapers, that cost somewhat less, lined them w/ maxi-pads, & to get them to stay on, folded strips of Gorilla-tape in half to make straps, & taped them to the sides of the diapers, & taped the leg-holes smaller. But they still leaked so she was on 4 incontinence pads Gorilla-taped together into a fitted sheet. She bit my arm so we had to muzzle her to change her. And her whole life she had food intolerances &/or allergies. Diarrhea & vomiting at various times. (2 of our kids have FPIES & it was pretty much the same.) We changed her food a dozen times at least. The last several months, she couldn’t lift her head, so she wasn’t able to swallow dry dog-food, but would have smeared canned food across her sheet, & around her head which she wouldn’t let me clean. Eventually I had to give her sliced chicken & turkey, boiled potatoes & carrots & apples, and blueberries. She couldn’t eat, swallow, & digest anything else I knew of. I tried giving her 1/2 a strawberry once for more vitamins, but she had bloody diarrhea. Later a piece of kiwi fruit the same size, same reaction. She was slowly getting too thin though. The day she died, I had to hand-feed her & give her water w/ a syringe. She lived to 13, very old for a Rottweiler. She had earned all the pampering, b/c once (b/f she went lame) some criminals came to the door in the middle of the night, & she scared them away.

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Dogs for me, no matter what type 🐶🐕🦮🐕‍🦺🐩

Last edited:

MPP

MBTI Type
INTP
I've heard before that allegedly Sensors liked dogs and Intuitives liked cats. This seems to me a little simplified but I Do think there might actually be trends to be found on this subject.
I like cats more because they are more independent, while I like dogs, I find them needy and require too much looking after. Cats generally also look better (aesthetic sensitivity ), and are superior in almost everyway, the perfect evolved land predator. I think it's about a priority of values, if someone values loyalty and dependence more, they will prefer dogs.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cats seem much more inquisitive in my experience, which is a trait I share.

Reactions: MPP